AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd-shaped living room and am having a hard time figuring out what audio setup (especially speakers) will suit this room best. I'm picking up a Sony 52xbr4 and would like to have audio components to compliment it given the room. The LCD will be placed in the area circled in red (#1). I've had some folks recommend just going with a 2.1 setup since the room is not really ideal for surround sound.

Any ideas on which speakers I should look into? I'm honestly not quite sure where to start. I'd like to keep the spend below $1,500 for both receiver and speakers if I can. Don't mind spending a bit over that if it's going to net me components that will potentially last into the next upgrade 5 years down the line (I'm guessing I want to spend the most on the speakers though - right?).

Thx in advance for any help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Based on that budget and that room I would recommend a directional speaker system and a receiver with multi-point calibration capability. Here is what I would do w/ $1500

Klipsch Cinema 6 system $999

Denon AVR1708 $499

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can you do a minor remodel, creating a longer wall for your media center? This would make viewing, and laying out surround sound, a lot easier. See attached.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts