AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony 1271. From what I read here every one says to use a 80" wide screen and at most a 92" wide screen. These seem to be standard sizes. I will be using a DIY screen and was thinking of splitting the differance and moving the projector to have a 86" screen. This would give me 86" X 48" screen for 16:9 and 64" X 48 for 4:3. Can you just move the projector and focus it for the odd size or am I missing something. It seems this would be a good compromize.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi joemi-

The PJ can be focused/converged anywhere within its rated specifications, so an in-between screen size is OK. The only real reason I can see for DIY screens to be built to the "standard" is that if you ever replace the DIY with a "real" screen you might not want to have to re-mount the PJ and recalibrate everything...

Kieth

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
DaLite will sell you any size screen you want, although custom sizes cost as much as the next larger stock size (IOW, an 87x49" screen would cost the same as a 92x52)

Stewart says all their screens are made to order, with the stock sizes being "suggestions." The 87x49" was within a quarter inch of what I extrapolated from where I ended up sitting with a 6' wide screen and where I wanted my front row so I never looked at pricing there.

IOW, commercial screen availability in whatever size you choose should not be a problem if you upgrade

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.