AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connect the Dish Network HD receiver to the TV via HDMI, and turn both on but mute the TV, the set makes an audible buzzing sound as the picture is displayed. When I turn my PS3 or Blu-Ray player on and mute them while playing a game or BD, there is no such buzzing.


This clearly leads me to suspect the Dish receiver is the culprit. My question to other XBR8/dish users: do you have this same situation? Does the Dish put out a noisy signal? Any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no xbr8 owners with dish hd?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,563 Posts
I own the 46X4500,i do have two HDsatellite receivers,no problem.


One of my receivers has a harddisk,this intern harddisc is potentially noisy,they solved this by surounding the harddisk with rubber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowryan /forum/post/19503744


When I connect the Dish Network HD receiver to the TV via HDMI, and turn both on but mute the TV, the set makes an audible buzzing sound as the picture is displayed. When I turn my PS3 or Blu-Ray player on and mute them while playing a game or BD, there is no such buzzing.


This clearly leads me to suspect the Dish receiver is the culprit. My question to other XBR8/dish users: do you have this same situation? Does the Dish put out a noisy signal? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the TV speakers or an external setup? I have the 55XBR8 feed by Dish 722K DVR. Am using a blend of the TV speakers and an external HK stereo amp to drive Tannoy speakers. The amp is fed from the audio out on the TV to avoid lip sync delays, etc. Am using the Dish remote to also turn TV off and on, as well as the mute function. So once you mute the TV, it does not matter what signal Dish is sending. No issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdinkel /forum/post/19508125


Are you using the TV speakers or an external setup? I have the 55XBR8 feed by Dish 722K DVR. Am using a blend of the TV speakers and an external HK stereo amp to drive Tannoy speakers. The amp is fed from the audio out on the TV to avoid lip sync delays, etc. Am using the Dish remote to also turn TV off and on, as well as the mute function. So once you mute the TV, it does not matter what signal Dish is sending. No issues.

For the DIsh, I am just using the TV's speakers. When I mute the sound the panel itself buzzes whenever there is something on screen. THe sound does not come from the speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowryan
When I connect the Dish Network HD receiver to the TV via HDMI, and turn both on but mute the TV, the set makes an audible buzzing sound as the picture is displayed. When I turn my PS3 or Blu-Ray player on and mute them while playing a game or BD, there is no such buzzing.


This clearly leads me to suspect the Dish receiver is the culprit. My question to other XBR8/dish users: do you have this same situation? Does the Dish put out a noisy signal? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi. this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network's Customer Support Department. We want to help. To get a better idea of how we are going to address that issue, how long have you noticed that? Apart from connecting your receiver to your TV with an HDMI cable was there anything else that changed? what's the model and software version of the receiver that you noticed this on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipCwithDISH /forum/post/19748687


Hi. this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network's Customer Support Department. We want to help. To get a better idea of how we are going to address that issue, how long have you noticed that? Apart from connecting your receiver to your TV with an HDMI cable was there anything else that changed? what's the model and software version of the receiver that you noticed this on?

Alright Phillip, how come the 722 DVR doesn't support 2 TVs in single mode? Big step backwards from the 622.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/19748729


Alright Phillip, home come the 722 DVR doesn't support 2 TVs in single mode? Big step backwards from the 622.
...Snap!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top