AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put Windows 7 (32bit) on my HTPC and I've run into several issues.

First is that it won't detect my TV unless I have a monitor connected. I posted about that in full detail here .

Secondly is that Media Player Classic Home Cinema (1.3.1448) doesn't refresh the file list from my NAS.

I connected to a share on my NAS, and if I pull up the share directly through explorer the file list is fine, and updates almost immediately. However, MPC seems to have cached the file list or something and takes hours, or even days to update. This was NOT the case with the exact same setup with Windows XP or even Vista (no change was made to the NAS).

Lastly, I recently moved and for some reason I cannot connect to my NAS with the computer name 'NAS' any more on the HTPC. I have to connect via the IP address. It worked fine before the move, and no changes were made to anything after the move.

FYI, MPC didn't update the file list before the move either, so connecting via computer name vs IP isn't the issue there. The 'NAS' is a computer running Windows 7 (32bit) as well.

I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, it's a clean install and I haven't touched services.

I installed CCCP Codec Pack, MPC-HC, and tried (key word, TRIED) to get video acceleration working, but it seems to choke and die whenever subtitles are displayed.... But that's an issue for another day

I remember having this issue on my laptop when I first put Win7 on it, but it fixed itself after a few days and I forgot all about it until I put it on my HTPC.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the bright side, just got Win7 to detect the TV, so that's good, that was my major issue.

I just hooked my desktop back up since the move and it came up, connected to the NAS with no issues, and MPC-HC (1.3.1264) refreshes files immediately. I wonder if there's an issue with the newer version of MPC or something that's causing this.

Just so I'm clear, the folder I'm having issues with refreshing is on a mapped drive, not a local folder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts