AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say there's a well known speaker manufacturer who uses very good drivers and crossovers but their cabinets in certain lines are a compromise in order to fit a certain price point. Say i'm able to obtain the drivers and crossovers. If I build my own cabinets using a thicker baffle and more bracing while maintaining the original cabinet internal dimensions will the new version sound the same only better due to less reverberation and distortion? If I change the shape of the cabinet but maintain the same volume would the same apply? If I change them from ported to sealed would the same apply or would changes need to be made? I am new to this type of thing so knowledgeable input is appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about doing that to begin with but some of the better speaker (not necessarily sub) designers seem to reside here. Is there a way to copy this original post to that forum?

·
Banned
16,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongr  /t/1523784/oem-driver-and-electronics-in-improved-cabinet#post_24517061

I was thinking about doing that to begin with but some of the better speaker (not necessarily sub) designers seem to reside here. Is there a way to copy this original post to that forum?

A mod can do that if he notices, otherwise since there's nothing here so far, just start one there....and put a link here just for coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts