AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got on a lot of information regarding this so hang on. KETA –DT in OKC, will starting broadcasting in digital on channel 32 at 6:15 PM, Thursday May 1, 2003 at half power. They will be joining the PBS Demo Loop in progress from 6:15 – 10:00 PM 7 days a week. KETA still has to do some infrastructure enhancements before they can up convert their own programming, which will be in 2-3 months. From my information the PBS Demo Loop will broadcast standard and high definition programming Monday-Thursday, I believe on one channel digital channel. KETA-DT will be able to broadcast in HDTV when they get it from the PBS Demo Loop. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the PBS Demo Loop will consist of 4 separate standard definition channels. KETA-DT will broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1 whenever they get it from PBS. Also only look for KETA-DT to only broadcast on 32-1 and not the PSIP virtual channel of 13-1. The PBS Loop carries in its PSIP to change the virtual channel in all digital receivers channel to 80-1. I have seen this happened in other markets.

As for Tulsa, Cheyenne, and Eufaula they are a little bit behind schedule. Look for Cheyenne site construction to be completed by mid May. After Cheyenne is completed the crew goes to Tulsa to finish construction work there, after Tulsa is done then the tower crew moves to Eufaula to finish the last site.

Ok I think that is everything so far but of things may change. I think I got everything for now but if I misunderstood OETA about the PBS Loop and one or two things are wrong forgive me. I am going to be hitting the message board so I can learn about the PBS loop.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.