AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reprint from info I posted in the upgrade mega thread - thought it might be easier to find out here. This, as far as I know, is only valid for board versions 214 and above.

I have seen posts that indicate if you go the OFA/RS route you need to use JP-1 to get the discrete codes. This is not true. You can use advanced codes to directly program the codes into your remote. I picked up a Kameleon (should work with any JP-1 capable OFA/RS remote - even the dirt cheap ones) and was able to directly enter the codes as follows:

Set up the TV portion of you remote with the Samsung TV Code: 0060

Then for each discrete code you will need to program a button with an advanced code (EFC).

In general you would do the following:

1)Press the device button

2) Press and hold the setup button until you receive two flashes

3) type 994 (two flash confirmation)

4) Press setup button

5) Type 3 digit advanced code

6) press the button to be encoded (two flash confirmation)

For the kameleon there is two extra steps: you need to press “other†after step two and press the device key after step four.

The advanced codes are as follows:

ON 257

OFF 509

Comp. 1 683

Comp. 2 528

Comp. 3 435

S-Video 1 704

S-Video 2 531

S-Video 3 687

Video 1 689

Video 2 525

Video 3 273

ANT 251

DVI 274

PC 329

·
Registered
186 Posts
With a lot of the cheaper OFA/RS remotes (can't speak for the chameleon, I've got one of the $12 ones), you don't even need to save it to a button. After you've set TV to Samsung as above, just hit the Setup button and the 3-digit code. On the 3rd number, it transmits the code. Viola!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gjoyce
Reprint from infor I posted in the upgrade mega thread - thought it might be easier to find out here. This, as far as I know is only valid for board versions 214 and above.

I have seen posts that indicate if you go the OFA/RS route you need to use JIP to get the discrete codes. This is not true. You can use advanced codes to directly program the codes into your remote. I picked up a Kameleon (should work with any JIP capable OFA/RS remote - even the dirt cheap ones) and was able to directly enter the codes as follows:

Set up the TV with Samsung TV Code 0060

Then for each discrete code you will need to program a button with an advanced code (EFC).

In general you would do the following:

1)Press the device button

2) Press and hold the setup button until you receive two flashes

3) type 994 (two flash confirmation)

4) Press setup button

5) Type 3 digit advanced code

6) press the button to be encoded (two flash confirmation)

For the kameleon there is two extra steps: you need to press “other†after step two and press the device key after step four.

The advanced codes are as follows:

ON 257

OFF 509

Comp. 1 683

Comp. 2 528

Comp. 3 435

S-Video 1 704

S-Video 2 531

S-Video 3 687

Video 1 689

Video 2 525

Video 3 273

ANT 251

DVI 274

PC 329
Thanks for sharing these.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellini8.5
With a lot of the cheaper OFA/RS remotes (can't speak for the chameleon, I've got one of the $12 ones), you don't even need to save it to a button. After you've set TV to Samsung as above, just hit the Setup button and the 3-digit code. On the 3rd number, it transmits the code. Viola!
Fellini8.5,

Exactly what $12 remote did you buy? Once this remote learns the discrete codes, can I assume I could then use it to teach my MX500? Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't know if it may make a difference or not, but here are the discrete codes I used for my Sammy with a RS 15-2103.

Discrete On 001

Discrete Off 253

Antenna 251

Video 1 177

Video 2 013

Video 3 017

S-Video 1 192

S-Video 2 019

S-Video 3 175

Component 1 171

Component 2 016

Component 3 179

DVI 018

PC 073

Quote:
Exactly what $12 remote did you buy? Once this remote learns the discrete codes, can I assume I could then use it to teach my MX500? Appreciate the info.
The way I taught my Sony RM-AV3000 was the method that Fellini8.5 suggests. I didn't bother programming each individual discrete code to a seperate key, but just transmitted the code directly to my AV3000.

Here is a thread that can help with discrete codes.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...light=discrete

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mpestrada74 -

I think our codes are actually the same - yours are the base codes (e.g. within the original 256 discrete codes) while I just did a direct conversion to get my codes (without normalizing them to the base 256).

Jerry Joyce

·
Registered
236 Posts
INCREDIBLE!!!

This forum never fails to amaze me with the info that is available!

I bought a MX-500 and accepted the fact I probably would not be

able to use the discrete codes with my Sammy. But No!!!

I see this thread and copy the codes posted by gjoyce.

mpestrada74 states that he used his RS 15-2103 to teach his Sony.

Hmmm, I dig my old RS 15-1994 out of the junk closet and ...

BINGO! My MX-500 now has discrete codes!!!

Thanks to all. You have definitely made my day! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.