AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a used Pioneer Elite SD-532HD5. I have been able to set it up pretty much completely.

I have one problem and I need to know if its something I can fix myself or do I call the experts.

When ever I'm viewing a program in HD the picture looks like the left and right sides are being chopped off. I'd mention top and bottom edges except I'm not able to notice anything that tells me there is something wrong

(example "INHD" channel's logo will only show up as "IN" with the "HD" off in no mans land on the right edge. Same affect on the left edge.)

So people is this a DIY fix and if so can someone tell me how?

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
595 Posts
what you are seeing is called overscan and it can only be adjusted in the "Service Mode". How to do this is described in the Service Manual. I have a PDF copy of this manual if you want a copy, send me your email address.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I've been told and thanks for the confirmation. I bought the service manual (I think) on line. Its a pdf file that has various models of the Pioneer RPTV including the 532.

Its while I'm in service mode (pressing a toothpick in the little hole in the front panel) that I'm getting lost. I don't seem to find an area in the service manual the deals with "overscan"

Where should I be looking?

Thanks again for your help

I'm able to do convergence but thats not in the "service mode"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.