Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Sultan,

Sorry this is a little off the topic, but I loved your outdoor theater pictures with the LT150. Of course, now I want to copy it! Can you give me some info on what you used for a screen, (materials, construction, etc.) and what size you used? I need to make a screen for a neighborhood "drive-in" night, and the one in your setup looks perfect. Thanks a bunch.

mike

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Bob Used the side of the house...

I have used the side of an RV and adjusted the colour temp to compensate.

Unless the house is some bizzaro colour, it should work fine. You will spend far too much time attaching sheets to the house to be worth it. And remember, most people won't even know the difference. They will just be blown away with the big screen. for added bonus, hookup a nintendo or equivalent into the system as well. That will blow the kids minds.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense! I was thinking of using my garage door--it's white, but it also has panels and raised surfaces, etc.--it's not perfectly smooth. Would it still work, or would the picture look all bumpy, distorted, etc.? Thanks for the advice.

mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Mike,

You will be able to see the panels and raised areas. How much this will distract is anyones guess. I would try it a night or two ahead of time. If it is too bad just hang a sheet or two. You could try and hide the seam with white tape.

Give it a try and let you know how it turns out!

PS. Where in Iowa are you from?

------------------

Todd

---------------------

-scan-lines-annoy-me-

---------------------

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Todd,

That's kinda what I thought. Guess I'll have to rig up some sort of screen. I'm from around Shueyville (wah-hoo!). 'Bout halfway between CR and Iowa City. I see you're from IC. Nice to see other AVSers in my neck of the woods. Now, if we could just get some stations broadcasting HD, wouldn't that be nice. Channel 7 is "supposed" to start testing this fall, but we'll see.

mike

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Nobody will notice but you. DOn't worry about it. if you search for Bob Woods post you will see that he was projecting over windows and some trim on the house...

Nobody will notice.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I am using a 12'x5' sheet that I obtained for $2.50 from the clearance rack at... well I forgot the fabric store name, but a guy sure does feel out of place there http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif Anyway, I am using it for rear projection. It has a very fine weave to minimize the emparting of a pattern to the image. I never got around to "boxing in" the rear area so that it could be used earlier in the day, but for a quickie experiment it has worked well and the kids are thrilled. For those Ann Arborites, we like to call it "Bottom of the Park". Anyway, I place the projector in the basement about 16' behind the sheet which is stretched across the supports of the first floor's deck. The image shoots through the doorwall and onto the back of the sheet. I'm sure that I loose light and all, but it's better than placing the projector outside (and easier to configure). I'm just using a boom box for the sound right now. Maybe next year I'll do some more.

Enjoy!

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Way, way off topic-

Hi Todd,

I finally see what you look like. Now I'll know you if I see you at HyVee. I'll give you a call soon so you can bring your family over to see the new HT. I'm really busy next week, so maybe the week of the 1st would be best.

Jeff Streitz

Iowa City, IA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.