AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i am almost at the point i am going to buy this for PS3 just because they have a good league going. We are going to do a francise and if possible I DON'T WANT TO BE IN CHARGE. If no one else volunteers then i will head it up. Just post what team you want and if you have any MATURE friends they are more then welcome to join.... so far

benjaminbenjami - pitt

Daekwan17 - NE pats

venk- lions

rtric- ravens

general cupkake - NY giants

once again anyone feel free to head this up...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I will take my Giants... count me in

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will get an idea of what will work for everyone but i was thinking maybe 3 games over a 2 week period, so that way everyone has more then enough time to get their games in and people don't drop out. probably 5 min. quarters. there will be some basic rules

I.E. only playing proper players in right position. like not putting WR at safety, etc..

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/16970551

i will get an idea of what will work for everyone but i was thinking maybe 3 games over a 2 week period, so that way everyone has more then enough time to get their games in and people don't drop out. probably 5 min. quarters. there will be some basic rules

I.E. only playing proper players in right position. like not putting WR at safety, etc..

I'm not sure if it does it online, but from what I've seen the new default is 7 minute quarters, with accelerated clock on.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by venk /forum/post/16968026

I'm down for my Lions if we get this going!

Since the kitty cats are taken, I'll take the Saints.

·
Registered
465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/16970587

I'm not sure if it does it online, but from what I've seen the new default is 7 minute quarters, with accelerated clock on.

In an offline franchise you can change quarter length and choose to have accelerated clock on/off so I'm pretty sure you can change those settings on an online franchise as well. I probably couldn't give you a definite answer unless I tried starting an online franchise but I have no intention of trying to run a Madden league.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I posted this in the main Madden thread, thought I should post it here. (Slightly modified from my post there).

We might want to set the ground rules now, I remember there being some confusion and two separate leagues last year. Personally, I think trades and trade deadline should be on, with no CPU trading (CPU has no trade logic so it'd make things completely unfair) and no fantasy draft.

Maybe we might want to consider 10 minute quarters with 20 second accelerated clock rundown, or12 minute quarters with 25 second accelerated clock rundown, because those have felt pretty right... though it does take about an hour per game that way.

And also maybe we'll want to wait until the first roster update, to get rid of the arrested Plaxico Burress, and fix up the (very) old rosters that are on-disc.

Then, since there's no longer any flex scheduling, I think it makes sense to set in stone two games a week, with the in-game week being advanced maybe every Wednesday and Saturday, which I'd think means you should really have plenty of time to get a game in every 3 days, even for those of us working. (Having 3 games every two weeks would be a little more time, but it would be difficult for whoever ends up being the commissioner to have to chose when in those two weeks to advance the in-game week so that others can move ahead with their 2nd and 3rd games).

Since there's no contracts that expire or anything, the offseason is also something that would have to be decided upon if we get that far too.

Don't know if we'd want to do things on All-Pro or All-Madden difficulty either.

I suppose I could be the commissioner if there's nobody else who really wants to do it. I'm indifferent towards doing that, which is an improvement over benjamin-benjami's not wanting to do it.

And for a detailed FAQ about what's included and what isn't included in Online Franchise:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...0-q-amp-a.aspx

Edit: Full options for online franchise:

Franchise Name, Team, Max Users, Fantasy Draft, Game Skill Level, Quarter Length, Accelerated Clock, Accelerated Presentation, Injuries, Trading, Weather, Fatigue, Password.

I guess to sum up my suggestions I suggest Max 32 Users, No Draft, All-Pro/All Madden, 10/12 Minutes, 20/25 second, Accelerated Presentation On, Injuries On, Trading On - No CPU Trades, On, Weather On, Fatigue On, and we'll have to pick a password to prevent random people too.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Put me down for the Chargers

Evangelo2 - Chargers

My brother will play too but I have to find out what team he wants and Ill post his gamertag and team here...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/16986077

I posted this in the main Madden thread, thought I should post it here. (Slightly modified from my post there).

We might want to set the ground rules now, I remember there being some confusion and two separate leagues last year. Personally, I think trades and trade deadline should be on, with no CPU trading (CPU has no trade logic so it'd make things completely unfair) and no fantasy draft.

Maybe we might want to consider 10 minute quarters with 20 second accelerated clock rundown, or12 minute quarters with 25 second accelerated clock rundown, because those have felt pretty right... though it does take about an hour per game that way.

And also maybe we'll want to wait until the first roster update, to get rid of the arrested Plaxico Burress, and fix up the (very) old rosters that are on-disc.

Then, since there's no longer any flex scheduling, I think it makes sense to set in stone two games a week, with the in-game week being advanced maybe every Wednesday and Saturday, which I'd think means you should really have plenty of time to get a game in every 3 days, even for those of us working. (Having 3 games every two weeks would be a little more time, but it would be difficult for whoever ends up being the commissioner to have to chose when in those two weeks to advance the in-game week so that others can move ahead with their 2nd and 3rd games).

Since there's no contracts that expire or anything, the offseason is also something that would have to be decided upon if we get that far too.

Don't know if we'd want to do things on All-Pro or All-Madden difficulty either.

I suppose I could be the commissioner if there's nobody else who really wants to do it. I'm indifferent towards doing that, which is an improvement over benjamin-benjami's not wanting to do it.

And for a detailed FAQ about what's included and what isn't included in Online Franchise:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...0-q-amp-a.aspx

Edit: Full options for online franchise:

Franchise Name, Team, Max Users, Fantasy Draft, Game Skill Level, Quarter Length, Accelerated Clock, Accelerated Presentation, Injuries, Trading, Weather, Fatigue, Password.

I guess to sum up my suggestions I suggest Max 32 Users, No Draft, All-Pro/All Madden, 10/12 Minutes, 20/25 second, Accelerated Presentation On, Injuries On, Trading On - No CPU Trades, On, Weather On, Fatigue On, and we'll have to pick a password to prevent random people too.

I am good with all that except my schedule doesn't permit me to play during the week. I usually don't get home until 1 am EST which not many can play then. Friday, Saturday and Sunday my evenings are free though. It that complicates things for anyone then I can remove myself if necessary. I know I am the guy with the oddball schedule.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Roster update is already live. I assume that people might want to test out the quarter length and accelerated clock settings to give some input on 10 or 12 minute quarters and how many seconds of acceleration so I won't create the league just yet. I think probably we should stick to all-pro, since some probably aren't as good as the rest.

As for not being able to play all the time, I personally think that two games a week and advancing on Sunday and Wednesday is probably going to be the easiest for people. If you needed to you could just play a game on Friday or Saturday and then another on Sunday. If you're not available to play the game in time, I believe it just gets simmed so it's not that big a deal for anyone but you anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Sounds ok to me. My brother is in as well. I will post his team pick and LiveID tonight.

If you have to play another real person and they can't make it, do you just play the computer or does it get simmed?

-Evangelo2

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I have no idea about whether you can play the computer or if it gets simmed, but I'd assume that it gets simmed, because if it hasn't been played when the commissioner advances the week then I think as soon as he presses the button it moves ahead.

Nobody here has picked the Eagles, so it might be irrelevant, but I can create the league now, with the options that I think are best... or we can wait until 8/19, when apparently the Vick update will be released. I'd probably say just wait the few more days and do it on Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts