AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 531 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Thank you. I’m going to try Passengers and I will tell you.
What glasses are you using?
Sony says that it is possible the issue is about glasses, even when I say them I use with my 570 without problem.
I used 2 different glasses to watch Passengers. First, the original Sony glasses that came with my 600. Then I switched to some Samsung glasses which came with an even older LCD TV. The results were the same. It's pretty annoying how the US$20K 915 didn't come with any glasses.

I don't recognize any of the movies in your screen shots, so I probably don't have them in my collection to compare.

One 3D parameter I can think of that would certainly affect this is screen size. This is a setting in my Blu-ray players, not in the projector. You probably haven't messed with that, but it couldn't hurt to double check that it is correct.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Thank you. I’m going to try Passengers and I will tell you.
What glasses are you using?
Sony says that it is possible the issue is about glasses, even when I say them I use with my 570 whitout problem.
Do your glasses have changeable polarisers? Some I used to have did. remove them and swap them between sides and/or turn them over to see if that makes a difference.
If that isn't possible, try turning your glasses upside down and look through them, or if that doesn't work, try looking through the the wrong way round with the arms pointed outwards towards the screen and again like that with them upside down.
Worth a go as the polarisation might not match.
Might have to grab some Sony glasses to try if that doesn't give any results. Good luck.

I will try mine when I next use my PJ. I hope my batteries are working! Don't watch much 3D anymore.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I used 2 different glasses to watch Passengers. First, the original Sony glasses that came with my 600. Then I switched to some Samsung glasses which came with an even older LCD TV. The results were the same. It's pretty annoying how the US$20K 915 didn't come with any glasses.

I don't recognize any of the movies in your screen shots, so I probably don't have them in my collection to compare.

One 3D parameter I can think of that would certainly affect this is screen size. This is a setting in my Blu-ray players, not in the projector. You probably haven't messed with that, but it couldn't hurt to double check that it is correct.
One image is from Terminator 2.
The reason that they don't supply glasses with the projectors any more, is that it is a waste for them to do so.
It is not the main selling point any more.
I used some Samsung glasses on my old PJ and they were fine but I also found that my Sony glasses did not work with my friends Epson, despite using the same tech.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Thank you.
I have only changed projector. Screen, size, glasses, player and cable are the same. With 570es 3D was ok.

Movies are Alice through the looking glass, Big Hero 6, Terminator 2, and Frozen.

Images from Passengers behind Samsung 3d glasses:

Look at lights... and next photo, look at his face...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do your glasses have changeable polarisers? Some I used to have did. remove them and swap them between sides and/or turn them over to see if that makes a difference.
If that isn't possible, try turning your glasses upside down and look through them, or if that doesn't work, try looking through the the wrong way round with the arms pointed outwards towards the screen and again like that with them upside down.
Worth a go as the polarisation might not match.
Might have to grab some Sony glasses to try if that doesn't give any results. Good luck.

I will try mine when I next use my PJ. I hope my batteries are working! Don't watch much 3D anymore.
Hi, thank you for your supoort. Glasses have not changeable polarizers. The problem is with Xpand, Samsung and Sistron glasses.
I can’t grab Sony glasses because Sony don’t sell glasses anymore, at least, in Spain. They recommends Xpand glasses instead.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Hi, thank you for your supoort. Glasses have not changeable polarizers. The problem is with Xpand, Samsung and Sistron glasses.
I can’t grab Sony glasses because Sony don’t sell glasses anymore, at least, in Spain. They recommends Xpand glasses instead.
Check out eBay.
Couple of examples:
Sony TDG-BT500A Active 3D Glasses - Opened never used | eBay

Sony 3D Active Shutter Glasses TDG-BT400A x 4 pairs | eBay

There seems to be a lot more 400's available than 500's but they are the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Anyone hooked up a HD-DVD player to their 915ES? With 8k rated HDMI cable I'm getting player setting screen, but discs have choppy sound and no picture.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Anyone hooked up a HD-DVD player to their 915ES? With 8k rated HDMI cable I'm getting player setting screen, but discs have choppy sound and no picture.
Welcome back 2007!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Wow, how time flies. I remember such anticipation for the new format. Not sure if you have any content, but I noticed recently some several degradation of the HD-DVD discs. All cloudy and blotchy looking.
I read somewhere that how HD-DVDs were made would lead to them degrading. They are not made in the same way as blurays which are very robust.
Maybe that is the issue you are having with them?

·
Registered
30,735 Posts
Will try a standard DVD
Last year I hooked up my HD DVD player (out of curiosity) and it worked fine with the few disc's I tried. Was not using a Sony 4K projector.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Last year I hooked up my HD DVD player (out of curiosity) and it worked fine with the few disc's I tried. Was not using a Sony 4K projector.
Last year, I was a year younger and I had a different car...... :whistle:;):)

401 - 420 of 531 Posts