AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to this area but am looking for good options for audio distribution in a dental office. The main requirement will be for the setup to supply elevator music to the waiting room and dental rooms. It should be noted that each of the dental rooms will have tvs for the patients so a local input for each room would be nice.

So far I have been think about active in ceiling speakers in each room as a good option but am not sure if this is the best. Any advice you can share would be helpful.

mathmansteve

·
Registered
613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathmansteve /forum/post/0

So I am new to this area but am looking for good options for audio distribution in a dental office. The main requirement will be for the setup to supply elevator music to the waiting room and dental rooms. It should be noted that each of the dental rooms will have tvs for the patients so a local input for each room would be nice.

So far I have been think about active in ceiling speakers in each room as a good option but am not sure if this is the best. Any advice you can share would be helpful.

mathmansteve

A little more info needed.

- Do you want a local control in each dental room to be able to switch between the TV audio and music?

- Are you going to have a TV in the waiting room also?

- Do you want "page ducking" for your system?

- How many speakers will you have total?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. In the long run the tv audio will probably be done over wireless headphones so that does not need to be intergraded

2. No tv as of yet in the waiting room

3. Sorry but I don't know what "page hunting" is.

4. probably about 7 rooms (at this point one speaker for room is fine)

·
Registered
613 Posts

Quote:

1. In the long run the tv audio will probably be done over wireless headphones so that does not need to be intergraded

2. No tv as of yet in the waiting room

3. Sorry but I don't know what "page hunting" is.

4. probably about 7 rooms (at this point one speaker for room is fine)

PAGE DUCKING is when the music you are playing lowers in level when an announcement is made. After the announcement is over the music resumes. Are you doing this yourself?

·
Registered
613 Posts

Quote:

No page ducking is needed. And yes I am doing the install myself.

Are you getting paid to do this work or are you the owner of the office?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.