AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3979 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,807 Posts
The 790 is now available to purchase from the Sony online store, although shows back order right now. $249 is the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 /forum/post/21856639


The 790 is now available to purchase from the Sony online store, although shows back order right now. $249 is the price.

The $64 million question: at 2x the price of the S590, is it 2x "better"?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 /forum/post/21856639


The 790 is now available to purchase from the Sony online store, although shows back order right now. $249 is the price.

So hopefully it will be out everywhere else soon....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,807 Posts
Here's another interesting 'feature' ....

Fast performance with Dual Core Processor

Built-in Dual Core Processor for fast performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me /forum/post/21857187


The $64 million question: at 2x the price of the S590, is it 2x "better"?

Yes, with the S590 available for $119, the S790 is gonna have to pull a rabbit out of its hat ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Compared to Oppo, I wonder how they stack up against each other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious /forum/post/21858036


Compared to Oppo, I wonder how they stack up against each other?

I'm not sure if its even fair to compare these players anymore .... I mean I guess you can if all you care about is BDs and DVDs .... but things have moved on now. Its all about a capable all-in-1 disk/streamer content delivery device. In which case the Sony (and even the lower priced 2012 Sonys) are so much more capable than the Oppo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
The 790 sounds like a decent upgrade from 590 (Dual Core Processor, 16 Bit video processing with Super Bit Mapping Video, Twin HDMI Outputs) I am not sure exactly how these will perform in the real world, but I sure hope the street price will be a lot lower than the SRP of 249.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Sony Style now has a 4/17 estimated ship date. That dual core processor is intriguing. I wonder if that guarantees it will handle java navigation better, and make selecting the streaming apps smoother.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema /forum/post/21861812


Sony Style now has a 4/17 estimated ship date. That dual core processor is intriguing. I wonder if that guarantees it will handle java navigation better, and make selecting the streaming apps smoother.

Well, if its able to actually run the Chess game on the SEN portal without crashing and locking up the player (like with the S590), it gets a thumbs up in my book ... hahahaha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/21861344


Cool! I am excited to test the 4K upscale.

Will be interesting to hear your impressions of this. All the preliminary info has suggested that the VW1000 itself upconverts 1080p to 4K better than this BD player, so see if you can tell any difference between these two ways of taking 1080p to 4K..
 
41 - 60 of 3979 Posts
Top