AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Official 2013 LG xxLA6900 Owner's Thread.

This TV is available in 47'' 50'' and 55'' screen sizes.

Please DO NOT quote this post thank you.

Thread ownership transferred to calearne.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ah yes, finally. definitely a winner tv. it suffers from backlight bleeding but the PQ is awesome compared to the Series 6 line from Samsung.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread.

I am interested in this set but not sure i have the space for the 55", as the TV will be placed in a corner shelf.

I posted this question in another thread but no answer so i'll put in here. Could someone with the 55LA6900 tell me the distance between the front edge of the stand to the screen? This will tell how far back the stand places the screen and whether or not I'll have enough width on my corner shelf.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would love to help you. Unfortunately i only have the 47inch version. It seems that therw aren't a lot of LA6900 users as of the moment.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Can anyone comment on the gaming performance of this set ?

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer the medic  /t/1476597/official-2013-lg-xxla6900-owners-thread#post_23431815

Can anyone comment on the gaming performance of this set ?

surprisingly, it's better than what the above posted link says! I was actually expecting it to have terrible input lag. In game mode, it's perfect! Heck, I even tried it with ISF Expert mode with Trumotion set to Smooth and with Edge Sharpening, super resolution and LED Local Dimming on and I played Lost Planet 2 (3rd person shooter) and did not have any noticeable lag. I tried firing 1 shot at a time and it was very accurate with my button press.

I also tried NBA 2K13 with ISF Expert mode and tried doing crossovers and they were accurate. As a point of reference, I have the LG LS5700 (2012 LG model) and I tried using ISF Expert mode with it with 2K13 and it was suffered from input lag! My crossovers were delayed with my button press.

So overall, this is actually a decent gaming LED Tv based on my personal experience...of course, I can't speak for input lag about FPS or Fighting games coz I haven't tried yet.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Definitely in the market for the 50 inch version of this TV.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepoker  /t/1476597/official-2013-lg-xxla6900-owners-thread#post_23471891

Definitely in the market for the 50 inch version of this TV.

Im sure you'll like it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm far from a pro with TVs in respect to the rest of this forum, but I frickin' love this TV. Looks fantastic and plays nice with my laptop and phone on top of that.

At least that's an initial reaction anyway. Noticing a little bit of stuttering with the TruMotion? I guess that can be turned off right?

·
Registered
244 Posts
It was some kind of ISF type settings I found on here that I can't seem to find again. It naturally wasn't specific to this TV so it's probably not that great (although I think it looks pretty solid).

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu1  /t/1476597/official-2013-lg-xxla6900-owners-thread#post_23505282

It was some kind of ISF type settings I found on here that I can't seem to find again. It naturally wasn't specific to this TV so it's probably not that great (although I think it looks pretty solid).
So you're using Expert mode 1 or 2?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Notice: I am the original creator of this thread (I'm using a new account now and this will be my permanent username''.

But anyways I got the 47'' 6900 from sears for $954.64 and there is NO bleeding, NO flashlighting and NO dead pixels!!!

I did multiple tests with an all black background with a white object in the center in completely dark room, and nothing bad appeared even with local dimming set to OFF and the backlight turned up. YAY!!!

This TV is my first LG TV and it's definitely a winner.

Below is my awful story before I bought the LG la6900.

#1 Bought sony HX750, returned it because of clouding and thick border.

#2 Bought sony R450, returned it because of four flashlights in the corners and misleading XR120 label when it was a 60HZ tv.

#3 Bought panasonic E60, returned it because of multiple dead pixels.

#4 Bought another panasonic E60 from a different location, returned it because of 2 dead pixels and a dark spot on the screen.

#5 Bought sony W802, returned it because of very poor washed out color and 1 dead pixel, now best buy has banned me for 3 months.

#6 Went to sears and bought the LG la6900 and it's perfect!!!

The magic remote is nice but I would also like a normal LG remote, what model number remote should I look for on google?

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98allstar  /t/1476597/official-2013-lg-xxla6900-owners-thread#post_23536805

anybody have a good calibration setting?

I'm waiting for a cnet review for a general idea of the complicated settings, but for now I'm using cinema.

I have also encountered my first problem, when I push on the voice button on the magic remote it keeps saying ''smart setup is required to enjoy this feature would you like to set up now?''.

After I keep setting it up the message keeps repeating itself, the voice control DOES work in the built in browser though.

1 - 20 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.