AVS Forum banner

4421 - 4440 of 6557 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are still having the problem, disconnect the internet from the TV at both the Cat 5e wired connection and if you enabled the wi-fi also turn off your wi fi router. Go thru the initial set up, except skip the internet connection step. Once you have completed the setup, go back to manually do the internet setup. Since I have a wired internet connection to the TV, I did not enable the wi-fi. No reason to confuse the TV with which connection to use. This solved my freeze up at 8 blinks.
Thanks Ted! It seems like we had the same problem. It seems to be fixed now as I could use the tv after doing that trick. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Never had an iPod. Then again, if they hadn't added PC support pretty much nobody else would have either. ;)

Apple OS-X "720p HD is good enough / Blu-ray is a bag of hurt" doesn't support 4K output? Shocked. :p

Haha spoken like a true PC elitist... get real man the PC is dead and so is Windows. Only people buying PCs these days are hardcore gamers and HTC enthusiasts...

Where do you get the comment that 720p is good enough? Apple is the only Brand pushing the market towards HiDpi displays and greater resolution support.

PC forever!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for the infro Dreadnok89, I won't be going for the subwoofer as I recently upgraded to a 7.1 soundsystem to match the image quality of the tv :)

Sigh,im sorry man. Im an invalid/dope when typing on my phone. Too small! I meant to qoute the guy above you!! Totally disregard

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Wondering if anyone has setup a new Retina Macbook to their set. Is hz locked at 30hz or can the HDMI 2.0 port do 60hz?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Received my Retina Macbook yesterday and tried hooking it up to the TV. To my surprise at 4k resolution only a max of 25 hz was supported. I was using HDMI port 4 which as far as I know is 2.0 compatible. Anyone know if this is the maximum hz supported by Apple or am I doing something wrong?

I have a 2014 15" Macbook Pro Retina and it displays at 30Hz.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
On another note, I noticed that it auto turned on motionflow while trying to watch 3D movies. It was driving me crazy how much ghosting was present and after turning it off all those ghosting problems went away.
Yep, motionflow ON produces terrible crosstalk. It actually *adds* judder too, because it apparently forces the 24p Blu-ray into a 60Hz cadence. Bleurgh.

Watched Jurassic Park 3D earlier, 'twas absolutely superb on my 55B.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I don't have any sound-bar or home theater. If the sub-woofer really worth its price tag? around $350 in Australia.
In my opinion, Yes. For sure.

Reactions: Ted99

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Haha spoken like a true PC elitist... get real man the PC is dead and so is Windows. Only people buying PCs these days are hardcore gamers and HTC enthusiasts...

I guess someone invested in a company with less than 10% desktop marketshare would think the PC market is dead.

Every business I walk into has PCs all around. If they're playing games or HTC they're certainly not doing it while I'm around.

My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 does 4K @30Hz on this TV. Good luck getting an iPad to do that.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Also on a sidenote i have a 55 inch x900b with a subwoofer coming wensday!! Can you put the stands in the middle or only at the end?
Both

Reactions: dreadnok89

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Wonderful. I have Comcast internet and there are times when I can't even get the Netflix streaming HD format, let alone 4K. My 79X900B will do H.265, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 but it won't do 10-bit color, or Rec.2020, but I expected this when I bought it. It will do 4K Blu-ray because of the former, but not the greater range of color, plus it's IPS panel wouldn't do the better gradations of grey/black anyway. Now that the UHD Blu-ray standard is being finalized, we can expect the second generation of 4K OLED TV's to meet the full spec. As I've said before, I am happy to have bought an interim large 4K set that will do an excellent job of upscaling current 1080P for less than $8K and to purchase a second-generation large 4K OLED for less than $8K in a couple of years than to have spent over $20K for a large 4K set with better blacks and 10-bit color, but no Rec.2020 today. The streaming services certainly will not be able to do a 9.2.4 Dolby ATMOS bit stream either. The best I 've ever seen a streaming service do is 5.1. I am really pleased to see and support 4K Blu-ray because with the lock Comcast and Time-Warner have on the average person's internet, we'll be lucky to get a 4K stream and forget about it on weekends. Please, please will Google fiber come to Houston!

·
Registered
495 Posts
A question for Sony 4K owners. Would it be possible for you to supply us with
still photos taken from your set showing us how good the upconversion is from
a good quality Blu-ray disc? I have a rather large collection of Blu-ray and
HD-DVD movies, and am primarily interested in getting the best possible picture
out of them.

Thank you.:)

·
Vendor
26,606 Posts

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
out of them.

I'm sorry but that isn't going to work as the media you'll be viewing won't present true upscaling third party via photo's - you'll no longer be seeing UHD.

Your better off taking reference BD's to BB or other AV store and auditioning through a UHD in-person - photo's simply aren't going to come close to representing the real deal. Photo's may satisfy one psychologically but your never going to be able to see what your eyes see in-person no camera exists that can replicate what your eyes see. :)

Reactions: Ted99

·
Registered
100 Posts
The XBR65X900B had another price drop today of $200 and is now $3,800.
Also, if you purchase from the Sony Store, they are offering the Sony Wireless Subwoofer SWF-BR100 for FREE with this TV as a bundle. The subwoofer normally costs $300
The other option is to bundle this TV with a PS4 and you get 50% off the price of the PS4.

Sony Store Promo Bundles:
http://store.sony.com/-cms-page.bundle.x900b.ps4.sub.soundbar;pgid=6Kt2IrlIGxxSRpfWXV.LBHIj0000IxwmIKba;sid=u33be9DtKwkVe4ThiJy9f-LnW8sr8jBbS_TvcBus

I love how competition drives down prices. No wonder why Pioneer and Fujitsu dropped out of making TV's completely...

·
Registered
59 Posts
So my TV is hung on the wall and after a full day of college football I'm struggling with my color settings. I've tried settings from this board and cnet and in cinema 1 mode I get a grey haze when watching football. The football or sports mode is okay but then I notice a lot of edge lighting on regular programming.

I looked at my samsung leds and it's hard to see the edge light but with the 65" 900B it's quite prominent. Anyway to minimize this?

Also has anybody found which mode is the most universal so my wife doesn't complain about having to switch picture modes?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
out of them.

My camera won't show the difference. The upscaled Blu-ray on my 79" is better than 1080P blu-ray, but not as good as the demo native 4K material. The upscaled 480P DVD material is almost as good as 1080P Blu-ray. I am completely satisfied with the upscaled performance and this was the most important parameter for me in choosing which brand of large 4K set to buy. It came down to the Samsung and the Sony. The blacks were better in the Samsung and the upscaling was better in the Sony. In the large 79" size, the Samsung's curve was not a positive, but also not a disqualifier. Haven't seen the new Sony's with the more gentle curve, but the pictures look much better than the Samsung curve.

4421 - 4440 of 6557 Posts