AVS Forum banner

4661 - 4680 of 6557 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll give it a go but it looks awful with the backlight on min nevermind on 3! Has anyone confirmed that Led dynamic control i.e dimming isn't working when using netflix as that's what it looks like to me.

Try turning auto dim off in (setting) under (eco)

Thats sloved alot of my problem. Hopefully that help.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'll give it a go but it looks awful with the backlight on min nevermind on 3! Has anyone confirmed that Led dynamic control i.e dimming isn't working when using netflix as that's what it looks like to me.

Try turning auto dim off in (setting) under (eco)

Thats sloved alot of my problem. Hopefully that help.
Don't have a setting called that on my UK model, I assume it's the same as the light sensor setting which is off already (one of the first things I did). Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't have a setting called that on my UK model, I assume it's the same as the light sensor setting which is off already (one of the first things I did). Thanks for the suggestions
I have that movie ill test it on mine and get back to you later after work. That light bleed is bad. Hopefully we get something working out for you. Is your picture setting on factory? Or did you do any adjustment?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have that movie ill test it on mine and get back to you later after work. That light bleed is bad. Hopefully we get something working out for you. Is your picture setting on factory? Or did you do any adjustment?
It'll be on cinema 1, backlight 2 , brightness 46 , contrast 90 , motionflow true cinema, pretty sure they're the settings anyway. Just to clarify the Baraka pics are when watching it on Netflix, I've also got it on bluray and it's nowhere near as bad on that but I'm still getting lightbleed on all sources really at the edge of the picture. Netflix looks like the local dimming isn't working that's the only explanation I have for how bad it looks

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Your basic premise of waiting makes sense. I am going to be maxed out at 49" (current 49XBR850 is my limit size wise), but would like a higher quality set than the 850 series. Is there any word on what sizes are coming in the next wave?
i'd say, in the size you are looking at, wait for OLED at the price point you like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It'll be on cinema 1, backlight 2 , brightness 46 , contrast 90 , motionflow true cinema, pretty sure they're the settings anyway. Just to clarify the Baraka pics are when watching it on Netflix, I've also got it on bluray and it's nowhere near as bad on that but I'm still getting lightbleed on all sources really at the edge of the picture. Netflix looks like the local dimming isn't working that's the only explanation I have for how bad it looks
I don't have this model, but ran into this on another model. The display settings through Netflix are its own set of settings, opposed to the settings of an individual input. When you're in Netflix, hit the options button on remote and then turn on local dimming and adjust your settings accordingly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't have this model, but ran into this on another model. The display settings through Netflix are its own set of settings, opposed to the settings of an individual input. When you're in Netflix, hit the options button on remote and then turn on local dimming and adjust your settings accordingly. Hope this helps.
Yeah I'm aware of that to, I actually adjusted the settings that are greyed out when watching netflix in one of the other Internet apps (Sky news) and then tweaked the available ones as necessary so led dynamic control is on standard and backlight on 2 etc but it doesnt really make any difference, to be honest I think the Baraka one is a dodgy source video

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have a very important question and I hope you knowledgeable people can answer. I'm planning to purchase the Sony XBR-65X900b down the road and was wondering if it can display full 4k @ 60fps from PC like in games? I know it supports HDMI 2.0 but I've heard that some UHD-TV, despite the 2.0, they don't support 4K @60fps from a PC source only from movies like the future UHD Blu-rays. I was wondering you guys who own the set have tested it to be the case.

Thanks!! And God bless!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Love the color and the contrast on the 65X900B... absolutely *HATE* the bleed from the sides. This is compounded by idiotic app design that disables picture controls. Seriously? Why the hell would the picture controls be disabled within apps? The same level of control is needed within apps as within any other input.

After spending more time at Best Buy examining their 65X900B display model and determining, at least with DirecTV and Blu-Ray sources, that their floor sample exhibits much less edge bleed than my unit, I got the store where I purchased mine to get a replacement unit for me. It should be here in a week or so.

The panel lottery continues...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi folks, apologies for not reading this whole thread for an answer to this one , just got an X900B (well an X9005B as I'm in the UK) and I'm seeing some pretty bad light leakage from the edges of the screen especially when watching Netflix. Can anyone confirm whether the led dynamic control is disabled when watching Netflix via the built in App because it doesn't seem to make any difference whether it's off of on standard and most things I've tried to watch on netflix look shocking as a result. I've attached some pics although they don't really show how bad it is to be honest, the start of Bakara is just a grey misty mess , even the 4k content looks awful and I can't get it to look decent at all. Would appreciate some advice on this, it looks to me like the Dynamic LED control isnt doing anything when watching netflix which is a ridiculous situation if that's the case...

Thanks
My old x850B had the same issue and was replaced with the x900B. I do not have the same issue with this set. That is not normal and Sony should replace.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi folks, apologies for not reading this whole thread for an answer to this one , just got an X900B (well an X9005B as I'm in the UK) and I'm seeing some pretty bad light leakage from the edges of the screen especially when watching Netflix. Can anyone confirm whether the led dynamic control is disabled when watching Netflix via the built in App because it doesn't seem to make any difference whether it's off of on standard and most things I've tried to watch on netflix look shocking as a result. I've attached some pics although they don't really show how bad it is to be honest, the start of Bakara is just a grey misty mess , even the 4k content looks awful and I can't get it to look decent at all. Would appreciate some advice on this, it looks to me like the Dynamic LED control isnt doing anything when watching netflix which is a ridiculous situation if that's the case...

Thanks
My old x850B had the same issue and was replaced with the x900B. I do not have the same issue with this set. That is not normal and Sony should replace.
Yeah , a replacement is on it's way, should hopefully have it by the end of the week / early next week, fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
What is the ETA on the Ultraflix app for the X900B series?

4661 - 4680 of 6557 Posts