AVS Forum banner

4721 - 4740 of 6557 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have just purchased the 55X9005B but I'm having trouble fitting it to my slim wall bracket.

The manual says that the spacer bolts are not required when using a SLIM wall mount so I tried installing it without them but it wasn't square.

I then tired installing the spacers into the back of the TV with the wall brackets attached to the spacers using the bolts that came with my wall bracket but now because of the spacers the TV ends up been around 10cm from the wall so doesnt look great.

The manual does show you a picture of a TV installed on a slim bracket and its up against the wall like it should be but it doesnt tell you how to achieve it.

The manual isn't very clear and I am really struggling.

The picture shows as it is now, wall mount/brackets/spacers/tv

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks for your suggestions. I wanted to ask about HDMI cables because last time I purchased them I agree I spent too much.
Are there any suggestions to which model HDMI cable to go for from MonoPrice or BlueJeans. When I look at their websites there are many to choose from. If you know of a specific cable to recommend I would appreciate it. Thanks.
If you are only making short runs then i would just stick with the cheapest High Speed Cable that they offer.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I see!!! I must of missed your post. Thanks for clearing my question. I guess no 900b for me then.

Dear Sony,
:mad:

your 65" 900b tv had so much potential too bad you were stupid and arrogant to bother choosing the proper hdmi 2.0 controller to accept 4k @60hz from pc.
I can confirm 4k is supported via HDMI from my Macbook. Currently is only 30 hz but I believe there is plans to update to 60.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry didn't mean to highjack your thread, just after some advice.

Recently I have purchased a 55X9000B. When I turn off the TV it makes a clicking noise (which I guess is normal because the other Sony TV's I owned in the past made a similar noise when turning off). The problem is that the TV makes the exact same noise for a few times after it has been turned off, say two or three times 5 minute apart.

Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Cheers

Shaun

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry didn't mean to highjack your thread, just after some advice.

Recently I have purchased a 55X9000B. When I turn off the TV it makes a clicking noise (which I guess is normal because the other Sony TV's I owned in the past made a similar noise when turning off). The problem is that the TV makes the exact same noise for a few times after it has been turned off, say two or three times 5 minute apart.

Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Cheers

Shaun
it's normal.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just so we are clear, sometimes the TV makes this clicking noise even say 5 hours after it has been turned off. Is it still considered normal?

Thnx
I guess, because it should be something related to the "quick start" functions of the TV.. in fact, if you try to turn on the TV after the "click" it will take some time before all the functionality will be available, but if you turn on the tv before hearing the click, the tv functions are immediately available..

but I'm not sure about that. What I know for sure is that my set does the same thing, and that it works how I described. I mean, I really think that is something specifically wanted by Sony.

·
Registered
159 Posts
geez, anybody know where to look for a power on volume level? I just use the display without a receiver and it seems that the default power on volume is about 50. A bit much. So, I haven't had any luck finding a setting for it. Can someone please point me in the right direction of confirm that there is only a factory default of 50. Thanks..
tbaudoin

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
geez, anybody know where to look for a power on volume level? I just use the display without a receiver and it seems that the default power on volume is about 50. A bit much. So, I haven't had any luck finding a setting for it. Can someone please point me in the right direction of confirm that there is only a factory default of 50. Thanks..
tbaudoin
I use mine without a receiver as well, and the power on volume setting is whatever I had it set at when I previously turned the set off... no need for a default volume setting as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks, that's what I suspected. Thanks...

tbaudoin

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I guess, because it should be something related to the "quick start" functions of the TV.. in fact, if you try to turn on the TV after the "click" it will take some time before all the functionality will be available, but if you turn on the tv before hearing the click, the tv functions are immediately available..

but I'm not sure about that. What I know for sure is that my set does the same thing, and that it works how I described. I mean, I really think that is something specifically wanted by Sony.
I got used to my A series making a satisfying click when it got turned on and when it got turned off, but the B does it a bit more randomly, yeah.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
Samsung un78hu9000 vs Sony xbr 79x900b

Anybody recommend one over the other and why?

Thanks for any help trying to make a purchase of one or the other.
Overall most PRO reviews point to the Samsung as being better over all PQ. Both great sets though. Might want to look into the UN75HU8550 , hell of a price on that unit, far less in cost over the two you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm switching over to Comcast xfinity X1 boxes next week. What settings on the cable box should I be using?

I don't think Comcast sends anything through in progressive 1080.

My current Scientific Atlanta 8300 boxes are set to 1080i and I let the 4K televisions take it from there.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'm switching over to Comcast xfinity X1 boxes next week. What settings on the cable box should I be using?

I don't think Comcast sends anything through in progressive 1080.

My current Scientific Atlanta 8300 boxes are set to 1080i and I let the 4K televisions take it from there.
I have Comcast X1 and 79XBR900B. The upscaler on the TV is very good and one is best advised to use it, rather than one in a cable box or DVD player. However, X1 does not have "pass thru" or "native", so I've set it for 1080i as that is the most common program source. Means that the X1 box will upscale networks using 720P (like Fox) and others.

Incidentally, I have to "reboot" my X1 box 2-3 times/wk because of freezeups and call Comcast for a remote reboot around 2/month. Either I have a bad one, or they do not have the bugs out of this box, yet. Almost a necessity whenever they upload new firmware. You can't take the X1 to service center for a trade--mandatory $50 service call for trade, unless the box can't be fixed by a remote reboot.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got used to my A series making a satisfying click when it got turned on and when it got turned off, but the B does it a bit more randomly, yeah.

This does not make any sense. This is not a normal state for this TV or any TV. The main circuit board is searching for something due to a false signal. This should be checked out by a Tech. Call Sony or where you purchased it and have it looked at. You want to protect yourself against any possibility of fires.

I will be receiving this TV in about a week. I was at the store talking to the Sony Rep while I remembered this and I asked him about it. He said it is not normal for the set to do that. We shut off the 65X900B on display and it did not click. I am not sure about this but you would be safe to investigate this clicking further.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Thanks but my TV's fine, as was the one before it. Up until February this year I was selling TVs for a living (had been for 10 years) and the audible click is inherent to these 4K sets.

Just so we're on the same page, the set doesn't click when it's in operation! What I meant by 'random' on the B is that it clicks when it's turned on by remote, just like my A, but it doesn't immediately click when turned off by remote like the A.

Now it seems to settle for a few minutes and then click which is why you and your buddy didn't hear it. I think it's simply the power supply shutting on/off completely (bear in mind there's no proper kill switch like the Sony's had a few years ago) and when turning off the set it gives you bit more 'up time' should you need to turn it back on straight away, so if you turn it off accidentally you don't have to wait too long for the menus etc to spool back up again. If you turn it off by remote and immediately cut the mains power at the wall socket then it clicks straight away, because you've forced a full shutdown.

4721 - 4740 of 6557 Posts