AVS Forum banner

6501 - 6520 of 6557 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
It's a great tv with its only downside of not being able to do HDR.
saying its great is a little of a overstatement. it can produce a nice picture sometimes but others the edge bleed takes over pretty bad. its not the worst tv but it will end up in my kids room pretty soon id imagine

·
Registered
254 Posts
saying its great is a little of a overstatement. it can produce a nice picture sometimes but others the edge bleed takes over pretty bad. its not the worst tv but it will end up in my kids room pretty soon id imagine
Then I won the panel lottery on my 65" as I have no light bleed.

·
Banned
16 Posts
then i won the panel lottery on my 65" as i have no light bleed.
panel lottery huh lol. You spend too much time on these threads. I have sold and installed over 30 of these sets and all have looked the same. All the 900b is an edge lit tv which is a lower tier set. Execs at sony which ive had to contact numerous times will tell you this wasnt their greatest tv. I finally swapped mine out last night with a 940c and life is good again. Id like to see some pics of yours if u dont mind. Not bashing your set i just havent had luck with it nor my customers

·
Banned
16 Posts
i'm trying to find a thread for the xbr65x950b, but can't so i figured i would ask here. This tv just dropped to $3500 do you think that's a good deal if i'm in the market for a tv now? I mean this is way over budget, but i'm just wondering if i should wait a few months until the new offerings come out for 2016 or i should hop on this right now? I just got the tv in my signature a few weeks ago and it's a great tv, but i'm trying to future proof myself here. This set is a little dated, but seems like a powerhouse.
id honestly wait and see what this years sets look like. I had my 900b for about a year and have sold quite a few and they all exhibited edge bleed and a greenish hue on the sides. Sometimes it looks great with 1080p material but i had to get rid of mine

·
Banned
16 Posts
id honestly wait and see what this years sets look like. I had my 900b for about a year and have sold quite a few and they all exhibited edge bleed and a greenish hue on the sides. Sometimes it looks great with 1080p material but i had to get rid of mine
sorry you were talking about the 950b. Yes that tv is definitely worth 3500.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm trying to find a thread for the XBR65X950B, but can't so I figured I would ask here. This TV just dropped to $3500 do you think that's a good deal if I'm in the market for a TV now? I mean this is way over budget, but I'm just wondering if I should wait a few months until the new offerings come out for 2016 or I should hop on this right now? I just got the TV in my signature a few weeks ago and it's a great TV, but I'm trying to future proof myself here. This set is a little dated, but seems like a powerhouse.
fwiw there is a thread for 950B:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1530824-official-sony-x950b-owner-s-thread.html

·
Registered
103 Posts
All, I am confusing myself I think with the 4K Samsung player and the 900B. I am about to buy it but I wanted to confirm that there is no downsides or anything I need to be worried about?

Any help is always appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All, I am confusing myself I think with the 4K Samsung player and the 900B. I am about to buy it but I wanted to confirm that there is no downsides or anything I need to be worried about?

Any help is always appreciated.
I've got the Ultra HD Samsung hooked up to my 65 inch 950B and can tell you there is no downside. It works like a charm. The only thing our tv's don't have is the HDR element.

·
Banned
179 Posts
I recently got the Panasonic UHD player and it's amazing, well worth it.

The HDR conversion is really good, and the colour and resolution is a definite move up from blu-ray

·
Registered
720 Posts
UP, anyone? Are all ports in 79X900B HDCP 2.2 & HDMI 2.0 compliant?
no just hdmi 2 or 4 depending on when and where it was manufactured..I do believe sony was doing in home visits to swap out any boards that were hdmi4 because they didn't work with anything but the xmp10

·
Registered
55 Posts
no just hdmi 2 or 4 depending on when and where it was manufactured..I do believe sony was doing in home visits to swap out any boards that were hdmi4 because they didn't work with anything but the xmp10
Are you sure about it? 2 & 4 are MHL compliant but I read somewhere that all ports are HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant. Beside, I connected Shield TV on HDMI 1 (via the HDMI ports extension provided by Sony) and it reports 4k 60Hz native resolution automatically.

Then I read somewhere else that:

"4 HDMI 2.0 (two inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources)"

I am confused now. So the Nvidia Shield TV which reports 4k 60Hz natively on HDMI 1 is in fact not 4k? Then on the UK review they say that:

"There’s no extension provided for HDMI input 4, but it shouldn’t be a big deal given that HDMI ports 1 and 2 are the ones with HDCP 2.2 support."

So I am confused now.

·
Banned
179 Posts
Are you sure about it? 2 & 4 are MHL compliant but I read somewhere that all ports are HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant. Beside, I connected Shield TV on HDMI 1 (via the HDMI ports extension provided by Sony) and it reports 4k 60Hz native resolution automatically.

Then I read somewhere else that:

"4 HDMI 2.0 (two inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources)"

I am confused now. So the Nvidia Shield TV which reports 4k 60Hz natively on HDMI 1 is in fact not 4k? Then on the UK review they say that:

"There’s no extension provided for HDMI input 4, but it shouldn’t be a big deal given that HDMI ports 1 and 2 are the ones with HDCP 2.2 support."

So I am confused now.
I am thinking 1 and 2 on the UK are HDCP 2.2.

But my original post, I am more interested if any ports are capable of 4K 10bit at 60Hz, or are they all:
4:2:0 @60hz 8bit 4K
4:4:4 @30Hz 12bit 4K

Looking at this that may be the case:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=206393&d=1407690163

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you guys know if the 79X900B is capable of decoding DTS-HD MA or Dolby True HD?

Also considering I have a wireless subwoofer, what is the setup equivalent in terms of layout, 2.1? 5.1? I remember this TV can produce some virtual sound, hence my doubt. I am looking for the most optimal Kodi settings running through nVidia Shield TV.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you guys know if the 79X900B is capable of decoding DTS-HD MA or Dolby True HD?

Also considering I have a wireless subwoofer, what is the setup equivalent in terms of layout, 2.1? 5.1? I remember this TV can produce some virtual sound, hence my doubt. I am looking for the most optimal Kodi settings running through nVidia Shield TV.
can't do ANY DTS

6501 - 6520 of 6557 Posts