AVS Forum banner

6521 - 6540 of 6557 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm still loving my 79x900b. I've been to the stores to check out the newer models/brands and honestly I think my TV still compares to the best of them.

I was wondering though, have any of you honestly been able to tell a different with the new HDR TV's? They always try to brain wash you to think that you wont get a great picture unless you get the latest tech. However the Trilumious on the Sony's seems to show every color I could ever wish for.

Also do you think VP9 will come to the XBR900's? Sorta wish you tube supported 4k on our Sony apps.

Lastly someone mentioned above that Sony comes out to replace HDMI Port 4 on TV's that don't have the correct or compatible connections. How do you tell if you need that replaced and are they still doing that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still loving my 79x900b. I've been to the stores to check out the newer models/brands and honestly I think my TV still compares to the best of them.

I was wondering though, have any of you honestly been able to tell a different with the new HDR TV's? They always try to brain wash you to think that you wont get a great picture unless you get the latest tech. However the Trilumious on the Sony's seems to show every color I could ever wish for.

Also do you think VP9 will come to the XBR900's? Sorta wish you tube supported 4k on our Sony apps.

Lastly someone mentioned above that Sony comes out to replace HDMI Port 4 on TV's that don't have the correct or compatible connections. How do you tell if you need that replaced and are they still doing that?
My XBR65X900b no longer plays Amazon and youtube 4K after the updates. It plays them in HD. Even 4k videos on USB played via the media center are being played back at HD. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Living with the 900b 79 for about 2 years now.

It's been a great experience..apart from some lightbleed in the lefthand corner only visiable in real dark scenes.
The set performs rock solid and when I feed it true u.h.d source material with my ax-100 cam it really shines.
The picture isthe best I've ever seen on any set..including the newest in the shops today.
I can recommend anyone to buy this sony 900b 79 inch for the price it is now.
All in all..my experience is that of a great screen..whatsoever.
Apart from some minor lightbleed it's superb.

·
Registered
B&W 805 D3, HTM2D3, LG65OLED ARCAM AV....Rotel RMB/RSP....decisions...
254 Posts
So as far as I can read the xbr65x900b series will not be receiving an HDR update. That sucks... Is there any TV trade in programs you guys know about? Where do you sell these guys? eBay seems like a problem to me needing a box for it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb To XBR79

Just picked up a XBR79. I've been looking around for settings and a lot seem to reference a picture mode of cinema 2. When I go into my picture adjustments I only have 3 picture modes. Standard, custom vivid. What am I missing?

I watch a lot of sports and panel is in a relatively dark room. Setting recommendations or reference to a post or website would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just picked up a XBR79. I've been looking around for settings and a lot seem to reference a picture mode of cinema 2. When I go into my picture adjustments I only have 3 picture modes. Standard, custom vivid. What am I missing?

I watch a lot of sports and panel is in a relatively dark room. Setting recommendations or reference to a post or website would be much appreciated.
Options>scene select>cinema (then hit Options -Pic Adj-) and you can toggle between Cinema 2 and 1...

Btw I watch a lot of sports and I use the Sports mode from scene select with the light sensor on (found in the Home settings> Pref>eco) which lowers the light output to 40 Fl in a dark setting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone here know if the included port replicator is capable of outputting a HDR signal? I have a new HDR TV on the way and I already have the port replicator from the X9005B/X900B running through my wall and it will be a pain to remove it and replace with another cable. I'm not sure if anyone here has tried. Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Question. Lately I notice on my 65 inch 900B that YouTube app indicates which videos are 4K. Does that mean the TV supports 4K YouTube videos now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Does anyone here know if the included port replicator is capable of outputting a HDR signal? I have a new HDR TV on the way and I already have the port replicator from the X9005B/X900B running through my wall and it will be a pain to remove it and replace with another cable. I'm not sure if anyone here has tried. Thanks!

Since they're HDMI 2.0 and not 2.0a it's unlikely.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Just wanted to share some pics of this new monster of a set I recently purchased. I had been looking for a bigger set for the living room as our viewing distance had doubled in our new house. I was able to find a Sony 79XBRX900B BN still in box for an amazing price, I could not refuse.

This set is only used for Cable/Sat HD shows/Sports/PS4 Gaming/HTPC/Netflix. I have an Oled set for my 4K Bluray movie viewing in my media room, therefore I could care less about HDR in the living room. It makes my 55" Panasonic Plasma look small.

I am extremely happy about the picture quality with cable/sat. The upscaling is great and 4K streamed looks phenomenal in this huge size, really benefits from it. Obviously the blacks aren't even close to my Oled although motion as is very good comparable to my plasma but the colors and size make up for it. No more squinting when browsing the web. It is a Joy to watch everything.

Reactions: ValkyrieStation

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found a broken XBR65X900B

Hi Everyone,

I found a Sony XBR65X900B from a person locally who had it damaged in moving. The internal screen is cracked. Is it worth going through the effort to fix it? It looks like they are willing to just give it to me but if it will cost an insane amount to fix it and there will be significant effort, I will probably pass it up.

Attachments

6521 - 6540 of 6557 Posts