AVS Forum banner

6541 - 6557 of 6557 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
new update last night, not sure what it did but green blooming is gone from the netflix app with 4k streams on dark scenes
Yes mine updated also, curious on what the update was all about.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the 79" and noticed in the last couple of weeks that when playing Netflix, the INFO button on the SOny remote no longers brings up info such as the resolution of the stream. Has it gone completely or mapped to another button?
It looks like it has been fixed.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Anyone know if this set can do Dolby Atmos over HDMI ARC?

My understanding is that DD+ capability can mean Atmos capability.

It can't do DD+ over ARC.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought this TV supports HDR? I bought PS4 Pro and when trying enable HDR it says it is not supported by this TV. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I thought this TV supports HDR? I bought PS4 Pro and when trying enable HDR it says it is not supported by this TV. Thoughts?
Nope. No HDR support. The first 4K sets did not have it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hello, just got PS4 Pro in my living room. Anyone have any luck turning on the PS4 through the TVs HDMI-CEC? Or does this TV have this feature? I did turn on Bravia Sync feature and if I turn on my PS4 using the DS controller it turns on the TV and put in the correct inputs. However, I want to turn on TV and PS4 with my Harmony Remote and Alexa. This worked well with my PS3 but was unaware Harmony can't power on the PS4.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are the HDMI ports in this TV (79") capable of 18Gbps or they are limited to 10.2Gbps?? From what I read the port replicator PTR-BR100 is able to handle that speeds.

·
Registered
65 Posts
VewD End of Life on all Non Google Sony TVs June 25th WTF!?

Looks like we wont have ANY apps on our non google Sony Smart TV's after June 25 2019!?!?! How can this be? They say their contract is up and they aren't renewing it?

Are we all getting replacements TV's? I purchased an XBR-79X900B for quite a bit of money as advertised for a smart TV! Now they are taking away the smart? They can renew but they wont?

Can someone start a class action lawsuit? Some people paid $10,000 on these TV"s when they first came out.

This is just infuriating, someone please show signs of hope?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kd-49x700e/articles/00225600

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
How do you read that link as meaning that ALL apps are being removed from the TV? All it says is that the "VEWD TV Store" is being removed, whatever that is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seems Vudu stopped working on my 65XBR900b. It's just empty box. When I try to launch the app, nothing happens and locks up the SmartApps selection. HOME button no longer works. I have to turn off/on the tv to get HOME button to work so I can see the apps again. Any ideas on how to get Vudu working again?

I do see an App error message when I first turn to refer to I-Manual but nothing in it points me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6541 - 6557 of 6557 Posts