AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 18031 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
SCREW Best Buy's stupid web site and how it makes you go through the entire ordering process before it tells you that the item is in high demand and has been removed from the cart. Just take it off of your F&*@#ING site already if you can't offer it...

If it wasn't for the fact that I get 5% off Discover Cash Back + 10% off coupon + 3% off gift cards + Best Buy Rewards, I'd just buy it from Costco and be done with it..

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
fafrd;
You beat me to it. I was hoping Troy would start the thread since he was the first reported owner.

Troy_McClure;
Can you try to take some solid gray field photos (in manual iris mode) so show the backlight distribution?

Reactions: mo949

·
Registered
112 Posts
SCREW Best Buy's stupid web site and how it makes you go through the entire ordering process before it tells you that the item is in high demand and has been removed from the cart. Just take it off of your F&*@#ING site already if you can't offer it...

If it wasn't for the fact that I get 5% off Discover Cash Back + 10% off coupon + 3% off gift cards + Best Buy Rewards, I'd just buy it from Costco and be done with it..
The only reason I'm buying from Best buy is for the free haul away. My 57" RPTV weight is at least 300 lbs.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

I have a discover card for 5% off but where did you get a 10% off coupon for BB?

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Rtings;
https://www.rtings.com/

is lining up tests for October. There are six models, only four will be bought (these are not loaned to him, he has to purchase them just like you and me);
Three Samsung,
One LG,
One Sony
and one Vizio 'P'. :eek:

Nothing is finalized yet. The ones with the greatest number of requests get the nod. ;) Just in case any one here might be interested in him testing another Vizio.
Please put your request in. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
This is so depressing. Got word back from Vizio that the 50" has no current release date and they have no idea when it will be out. WTF!?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I ordered the 70" model from Amazon when TV first showed up on their site. My order has moved to the shipping now stage. YES!!!!!!! This caught me by surprise so now I have to hurry and find a stand for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There doesn't seem to be much coordination between availability at different retailers. I ordered the 55 inch model in store at Best Buy several days ago, and was quoted a tentative pickup date of 9/30. However, since then earliest available delivery date available online has moved from anywhere from 9/23 to 9/19. Of course, that's reliant on if you were actually able to place an order online without the TV being removed from your cart :/. That's in contrast to the Amazon pre-orders, which have delivery dates anywhere from 9/23 into mid-October.

Anyways, I am hoping that my set will show up in store sometime before 9/30, possibly around the time that others are supposed to be getting their earlier pre-orders delivered (9/23-25). In the meantime I will be watching this thread to get feedback on the sets that have arrived. I am particularly interested in the latency, since this set will serve as a gaming TV for a PS4 in addition to the usual Blu-Ray/broadcast TV duties.

·
Registered
20,436 Posts
The only reason I'm buying from Best buy is for the free haul away. My 57" RPTV weight is at least 300 lbs.

If it works you could have donated it to Salvation Army. They also do free haul away.

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS

·
Registered
112 Posts
If it works you could have donated it to Salvation Army. They also do free haul away.

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
I hear what you're saying, after 12 years it still had a very good picture but would like an one out the other in kind of exchange as I have to remove a sliding glass door to get it out. Not a big deal but space is limited.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I have some work to get done for the next bit, but will try my best to add some photos and more details as I have time today :)
Congratulations! When you have a chance could you let me know how well DVD/480p upscales? Just hoping it's not any worse than it would look on an equivalent 1080p display. Thanks, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my 70p from amazon shipped, looks like it will be here the 22nd.... i preordered it in august. SUPRISE ship email just recieved!
I have calman 5 and a spyder4pro. I will be doing calibration when i get it. I also have a yamaha 677 av reciever, xbox one, ps4, tivo romio, wii u, chromecast. I can answer any questions, etc. when i get the set monday.

·
Registered
208 Posts

With you on this. I have tried twice online and had that both times, right at the end, after I applied a gift card and $1500 of rewards certificates. As I've been saving them for over a year, I'm sort of tied to purchasing at Best Buy but I wish they would just say OUT OF STOCK until it is available to ship again.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can't wait for detailed impressions, specifically about input lag, black uniformity and upscaling. Right now my shopping cart is looking like it's going to be either the Sony W850B or the Vizio P.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Anyone notice that the M series 50" says V6 Six-core Processor (quad-core PGU and dual-core CPU), the same as the P series? It seems to be the only M series that says it.

I wonder if that is error, or the 50" is special for some reason, and why it hasn't been released yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alright! sorry for the slow delay to get to this. Apparently, I still need to work and can't just play with the new TV today :(

First, a disclaimer: I am by no means a super experienced when it comes to this sort of stuff. I like to think I know a good bit about TVs, but when it comes to taking good pictures and estimating input lag, I don't pretend to be a professional!

Below is an imgur album with some photos, mostly they are of the El Fuente Netflix sample (which streams in at 16000 kbps!), plus a few attempts at showing off the black levels and backlight bleed.

http://imgur.com/a/6zH91 edit: couldn't add the link because of post count, here it is now

I apologize in advance for the quality (or lack thereof). I have a window in my living room and wasn't able to get it super dark.

There is still definitely still some very minor backlight bleed, but no extreme bloom. It is definitely better than most edge lit that I have seen, but I don't really have any experience with modern back lits for comparison. There is a some unevenness in the extreme corners (half an inch or so from the corner), but only really noticeable on the gray field or very bright scenes. Overall, seems pretty even to me!

One weird thing I observed, in a few picture modes (vivid and calibrated), when I was doing the gray field test (just used an image on my PC) I noticed that if I dragged my mouse cursor to the extreme right side, it would lighten up the whole display, which makes me think there may also be some edge lighting? Not quite sure, but it was curious.

Comparing the built in upscaling to my receiver, the built in upscaling is quite a bit better (probably not much of a surprise, receiver is a few years old now). Also found my receiver wouldn't pass 4k from my PC, so I have to hook it up directly to the TV.

I was able to fix the CEC and audio back to the receiver. The trick was to use HDMI port 1, which does the audio out back to the receiver, no other ports work. HDMI 5 is also a special port, being the only HDMI 2.0 port, but obviously still works fine with lesser HDMI devices.

A few unanswered questions:

SD content (SD channels over my TV) looked decent. Very similar to 480p youtube sized up to a large display. A bit blotchy, but nothing ridiculous, especially considering its 70" :)

Dark scenes (especially in 4k) look great to my eyes. No bloom as far as I can tell. I have noticed a few letter box commercials on a black background as I have been watching, they border is very crisp with no noticeable bleed into the background.

As far as input lag, I don't have any of the fancy equipment, but I may try hooking up my laptop to my asus pb287q (which has a known input lag of about 10ms) and seeing how far it is behind that. Best I can do to record though is 60fps, which means I will only really be able to tell if its less than 40ms. Before that, going to try and play some team fortress 2 and see how it feels. Probably won't bother with 4k, since I will only get 30fps anyway, but I am excited about 120hz at 1080p!

Hopefully that gives some good info. If you have anything else you want me to look at, let me know! Once again, I am not super experienced at taking pictures or exactly what to look for, so give me hints :)

·
Premium Member
35,422 Posts
Alright! sorry for the slow delay to get to this. Apparently, I still need to work and can't just play with the new TV today :(

First, a disclaimer: I am by no means a super experienced when it comes to this sort of stuff. I like to think I know a good bit about TVs, but when it comes to taking good pictures and estimating input lag, I don't pretend to be a professional!

Below is an imgur album with some photos, mostly they are of the El Fuente Netflix sample (which streams in at 16000 kbps!), plus a few attempts at showing off the black levels and backlight bleed.

Nevermind... turns out I can't post links until I have 5 posts or more... so I will link the album in a bit
Thanks for the review!

To get that post count up just take a few lines from this post and make a new post, no big deal. I'm sure there are many here anxious to see those pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What kind of reflective screen is it? I have a 2012 vizio and it might as well be a mirror. is it glossy or matte or antireflective? for the 70p?

21 - 40 of 18031 Posts