AVS Forum banner

14861 - 14880 of 18031 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes; HDMI 5 with Game Low Latency enabled yields an outstandingly low 16-19ms of display lag. As stated in my last post I route 8 HDMI devices through my AVR into HDMI 5 so that I can get that low lag for my Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3. It's been said that there's some sacrifice to PQ using HDMI 5 but it looks good to me.

Except on HDMI 5 with GLL enabled, display lag is very bad to horrible on these televisions. From the rtings.com 2014 P-Series review:
I do the same thing.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I noticed that the black bars in movies are very dim but in no way "off" like
the way the TV appears to be "off" when there is nothing on the screen.

This also happens in credit scenes, everything surrounding the credits is very dim but definitely "on".

Is this how the LED Zones work for this TV?
I was under the impression that Zones completely turned off, not dimmed.

Ok, I checked with my P50 with ALZ ON and OFF. Indeed, the Backlight never goes fully OFF, however, with content on the screen, I never noticed this before - this with nighttime viewing. Even when the screen is 'blank' I really didn't see it until I tested it. On my P50 (B1E), the Backlight drops dramatically from Brightness of 51 to 50 and stay barely lit all the way to zero. I do have my Backlight at 75 and use Auto-Brightness at either Low, Med, or High (rarely OFF).

With a wide-screen movie and top/bottom 'black' bars, the bars should it indeed look jet-black - with ALZ on or off. It does on mine.

What are your Backlight, Brightness, and Contrast Settings?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Using a Minix Neo X8H plus the
best I can get on YouTube is 720p!

I have Kodi 14.2 with a YouTube AddOn.

I've watched what supposed to be 1080 Test Patterns but all I ever see is 720p. :mad:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You guys need to watch the latest Need For Speed on the P70. And sound coming out of my Yamaha 7.1 receiver with my two 500 watt VD sub's it is sick.... And the new pre amp I just got today. Home movie Love off my Plex media server so I can tell you all Plex app of the P70 is great. Noting like a media PC.

Edit: finally got my crossovers set right on my sub's and my mids. Now my media room is done. So sweet I can feel every shift point he makes in the Mustang.

One more Edit: if you think the P70 doesn't have good motion as I have seen about motion blur. Look at your settings because I just changed some and there is no problem and this movie has fast motion.

Now I need the R- please bring and 80 or make that R120 under $25000 I need it well the wife my not think haha...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If you can afford to invest $170 in a meter and 5-10 hours of your time in learning the basics of calibration, that's the best way to get your P70 dialed-in.

Short of that, you can try copying Basic, Advanced, and CMS settings off of the 3 or 4 settings posted in the calibration thread (but NOT 11-pt settings, since they do not map well).

The usual way to dial-down the 'sunburned' face took is the adjust the Color setting to taste.

If you download the GCD test pattern disc, it includes some static photos that can help with 'eyeball' calibration.

fafrd, what meter are you referring to?

·
Registered
20,436 Posts
You guys need to watch the latest Need For Speed on the P70. And sound coming out of my Yamaha 7.1 receiver with my two 500 watt VD sub's it is sick.... And the new pre amp I just got today. Home movie Love off my Plex media server so I can tell you all Plex app of the P70 is great. Noting like a media PC.

Edit: finally got my crossovers set right on my sub's and my mids. Now my media room is done. So sweet I can feel every shift point he makes in the Mustang.

One more Edit: if you think the P70 doesn't have good motion as I have seen about motion blur. Look at your settings because I just changed some and there is no problem and this movie has fast motion.

Now I need the R- please bring and 80 or make that R120 under $25000 I need it well the wife my not think haha...

Heh, checkout Interstellar if you want to give your system a real workout. Some of the scenes in there are foundation shaking :)

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
20,436 Posts
I am so excited for Monday's Vizio event. It's on Tuesday too, but I assume all the information for 2015 will be known on Monday. After 5+ months of research, those announcements will finally allow me to decide on what TV to get.

I wouldn't assume it usually leads to disappointment ;)

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
571 Posts
My current issue now is when I have my computer connected to the 50B1E. I have it connected via DVI to HDMI using the first HDMI slot on the TV. Major lag just with the mouse pointer. Watching a movie that is on my hard drive produces some lag as well. It seems that everything needs to be hooked up to HDMI 5. Kind of frustrating, and I shouldn't have to buy a HDMI device to get around this issue. I have the resolutions set at 1080P 60Hz.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldn't assume it usually leads to disappointment ;)

Sent from nowhere
Well they're holding the event to show off what they have for the year, so if they don't show anything or if what they show doesn't fit me, then I go with my original plan since November of getting the 70" P-series. I just want to be able to make my decision finally and I've been holding off due to this looming event.

·
Registered
20,436 Posts
Well they're holding the event to show off what they have for the year, so if they don't show anything or if what they show doesn't fit me, then I go with my original plan since November of getting the 70" P-series. I just want to be able to make my decision finally and I've been holding off due to this looming event.

Well if you wait for the new P series and that follows last years release schedule (sept/oct/nov) you're only a couple months away from the next CES and you might as well wait for that to see what's new for 2016 ;) it's a viscous cycle you just need to decide what's important to you and go with it. If you're in no rush (which it seems you are not) then there's nothing wrong with waiting. You may want to wait till 2016 as that's the 1st year we will have UHDBR and tvs for the same model year.

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quick question for P60 owners [all others included]. Has anyone experienced their gaming device [Xbox One / PS4] using input 5 have the screen black-out for a second or two when playing games? Almost like it's rebooting or something. I had my Xbox One solely using input 5 since I first purchased this set [2 months now], and the rest of my other devices going into input 1 and then through my Yamaha receiver. Then I switched things up a little, and used input 5 for all my devices running into my receiver. Since then, I experienced my Xbox One do that [flicker] twice while playing games last night, where it hadn't ever done that before. Just checking to see if anyone else has ever had that happen on their set. Thanks....

·
Registered
20,436 Posts
Quick question for P60 owners [all others included]. Has anyone experienced their gaming device [Xbox One / PS4] using input 5 have the screen black-out for a second or two when playing games? Almost like it's rebooting or something. I had my Xbox One solely using input 5 since I first purchased this set [2 months now], and the rest of my other devices going into input 1 and then through my Yamaha receiver. Then I switched things up a little, and used input 5 for all my devices running into my receiver. Since then, I experienced my Xbox One do that [flicker] twice while playing games last night, where it hadn't ever done that before. Just checking to see if anyone else has ever had that happen on their set. Thanks....

Sounds like your avr or cable from your receiver could be to blame. If you only see this happen when you are connected via your AVR.

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Quick question for P60 owners [all others included]. Has anyone experienced their gaming device [Xbox One / PS4] using input 5 have the screen black-out for a second or two when playing games?

I route everything through my AVR into HDMI 5 and I occasionally see that "black-out", but only when using this PC (nothing fancy, just 1080p 60Hz). I would not be amused if it happened with any other source, video or game console.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Turn off your CEC and see if it continues. It's as if something is polling the CEC, it causes a hiccup in the security HDMI chain and when it is done, the TV goes about its business.

Keith

·
Registered
271 Posts

A followup for those who may have encountered the same problem . . . a technician replaced the motherboard and now everything works normally. After shutting off the TV following the replacement, the firmware updated. Apparently, this problem has been reported by quite a few others but replacing the motherboard is a fix.

14861 - 14880 of 18031 Posts