AVS Forum banner

14921 - 14940 of 18031 Posts

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
If you make changes to one of the "base" modes you'll see an "*" next to it that means
it's a custom mode. You may have 2 of those and are maxing out your custom settings.

Not sure may people have that many different modes to use that's quite a few.

Sent from nowhere

You're right. There were two 'Custom*' modes, but were not ReNamed. This is different from what I was use to with my 40" that as soon anything changed with a Factory-Locked mode, it produced a 'Custom 1,2,3,etc' mode right away.

This 50" TV does not 'copy' into a Custom Mode, it maintains the original Name* until Saved or Deleted.

"That many different Modes"

Actually, my 40" TV can have up to 8 Custom modes PER INPUT! I wonder if Vizio changed that to have more firmware space now?

Sent from YesWhere

·
Registered
20,517 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Agreed here, they did offer me the M series, OR to return my Pseries and cut me a check if I wanted. They were definitely trying to get me up and running again. I will see what this "repair" entails once the technician comes to my house. Hope that he can fix it for the long term.

darrel
Vizio swapped my 2014 P70 out for a 2015 M70 recently after telling me they were out of stock on the P70. I opted for the replacement as opposed to the repair or refund. Obviously downgrading to an "inferior" television isn't most individuals preference, but after using the M the last week or so I'm hard pressed to see exactly where the units are different. In all honesty, it almost appears to be a re-badge with a new coat of paint a less local dimming zones, which is a non-starter for most.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I still see them at my local Costco in the 70" size, still with the $500 rebate as well.
They are online on the website, with the $500 rebate, very good deal for a 70" 4k.
I don't have a membership so they want to add $122 for non members.
We just have Sam's Clubs here in Oklahoma, no Costco's yet.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
It's impossible to find the P-Series 70" anymore. It seems they are literally discontinuing it in order to sell the M-series. I can't believe this...
I still see them at my local Costco in the 70" size, still with the $500 rebate as well.

From Costco.com just now:

Vizio 70" Class (69.50" Diag.) 4K Smart LED Ultra HDTV P702ui-B3
$2,449.99
$1,999.99 After $450 OFF

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
That would easily be worth a $500 premium, but I suspect that the Reference series will be more expensive than that.

As it was defined last year, I was expecting the 65" R-Series to come in at least $2000 more than the 65" P-Series; probably more.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Vizio swapped my 2014 P70 out for a 2015 M70 recently after telling me they were out of stock on the P70. I opted for the replacement as opposed to the repair or refund. Obviously downgrading to an "inferior" television isn't most individuals preference, but after using the M the last week or so I'm hard pressed to see exactly where the units are different. In all honesty, it almost appears to be a re-badge with a new coat of paint a less local dimming zones, which is a non-starter for most.
This is exact kind of post I was hoping to see after yesterday's revelations that no 2015 model of the P-series is coming. I'm leaning towards just getting the M-series now since I'm not a Costco member and I also don't want to order the TV online unless it's a really good deal. I live right by a Sam's Club but they've been out of stock on the P-70" for weeks now, as has the Sam's website.

I think I'm just going to get the 70" M-series now if I keep seeing reviews and experiences that the picture is the same (and if the M-series doesn't seem to have any annoying glitches or issues). I certainly do prefer the look of the M-series over the P-series (especially that Vizio logo thing on the right-bottom of the TV). I wish the jump from the M-series 70" to 75" wasn't so massive cause it'd be awesome to go 15" bigger than my current 1080p DLP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got the 70" P series from costco for $1999. I've been playing with the settings and have a question. I'm watching Game of Thrones on HBO and seem to be noticing a small jitter randomly. It's not in the fast motion scenes. Suggestions on what I can turn off/on to reduce this?

It's almost like its skipping a frame or something but it's really subtle my wife hasn't noticed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/14/ce744f7f0fb5293abe0ae6bdc11e89a5.jpg
Sorry for the second post forgot to include the pic
My current settings using calibrated mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
My p65 will power on and you can see the vizio logo on the screen. Then it'll reboot and show the logo again. I am on the latest firmware. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
...that tells me that is for the up and coming 2015 P series.

I'll believe it when there are actual pages in the Vizio store site for 2015 P-Series models, with specs and docs.

Reactions: Reclaimer Rob

·
Registered
13,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,938
Please scroll down to the P series in this link and look there is a P80 listed and a price change for the P65. So that tells me that is for the up and coming 2015 P series.

That info was added yesterday by the way.

http://www.vizio.com/tv-overview
$2200 has been the price for the P65 since the announcement at CES 2014, so there is no change there.

However, the reference to '6 Options Available' and '50" - 80" Is probably paving the way for a 2015 P80...

The only thing confusing about that is it means no P70 or P75:

P50 (VA, probably from AUO)
P55 (IPS again?)
P60 (Sharp VA)
P65 (AUO VA)
P70 (Sharp VA)
P80 (Sharp VA)

Perhaps Vizio has learned their lesson about IPS panels and will drop the P55 in favor of delivering an AUO-based P75...

·
Registered
99 Posts
If there is a supposed P-series remodel coming for 2015, why wouldn't Vizio announce that at this week's event? Is it possible they suddenly would reveal/release them in the fall? I'm not well-versed in the usual TV release schedules, but I figured most upcoming TVs are known about for quite a while before launch, especially if it's an annual refresh thing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey all,

I'll be buying the P502UI-B1 (not the B1E) today! I've been wondering about how to connect it up to my sound system. I have a pair of JBL LSR308 speakers and a SVS SB-2000 Sub and a Behring UCA222 Audio interfacehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023BYDHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 hooked up to my desktop. I'll be using this TV as a monitor (both near and far) by attaching it to a wall mount with an omnidirectional extendable arm.

My question is about connectivity. I send my PC sound to the Behringer, which will input to the SVS sub, and then output to the JBL monitors. When I get the TV, I'll be watching a lot of content both on the PC with my media library as well as using the Netflix app on the TV (though if I had to give up one, I'd give up the smart functionality; but I'd like to avoid this). So where do I put the wires?

I'm thinking I'd connect the TV to the desktop via HDMI, then put RCA cables out to the SVS sub, and then RCA-to-XLR cables out to the JBL monitors. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mr. Mysterious
Bump. Anyone have any suggestions? Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mr. Mysterious

14921 - 14940 of 18031 Posts