AVS Forum banner

14941 - 14960 of 18031 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Has anyone noticed how active led has a weird affect sometimes like when im in xbox one system menu tiles look brown not black and you get a swirling shadow effect when you select something and its thinking on it.

I mean everything looks fine in fact watching movies with active led makes blacks look great compared to off i have a P55

Love the TV and haven't had any complaints but noticed that in menus.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Vizio swapped my 2014 P70 out for a 2015 M70 recently after telling me they were out of stock on the P70. I opted for the replacement as opposed to the repair or refund. Obviously downgrading to an "inferior" television isn't most individuals preference, but after using the M the last week or so I'm hard pressed to see exactly where the units are different. In all honesty, it almost appears to be a re-badge with a new coat of paint a less local dimming zones, which is a non-starter for most.
thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind if they can't fix my P series!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My p65 will power on and you can see the vizio logo on the screen. Then it'll reboot and show the logo again. I am on the latest firmware. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?
My P50 did this exact same thing about 2 months ago. Vizio told me they would have replaced it if I owned it less than 90 days, but I'd had it for 4 months. They sent out a tech to replaced the motherboard. Everything's good now.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
this new m series is looking like it might me the replacement for the p series? the old m wasn't 4k the new one is

It appears to be identical in specs except that it has half the dimming zones.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
It appears to be identical in specs except that it has half the dimming zones.
There are some other very slight differences. Not all of them show up in the specs. In reality the performance of both TVs should be very similar and right now their prices are basically identical.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
There are some other very slight differences. Not all of them show up in the specs. In reality the performance of both TVs should be very similar and right now their prices are basically identical.

What are those slight differences? Have you seen one?

One glaring difference is the table stand; if the 2014 model had those widely spaced feet I probably wouldn't have bought it (though I've discovered that there are table stands which would have worked for me which attach to standard wall mounting holes).

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
What are those slight differences? Have you seen one?

One glaring difference is the table stand; if the 2014 model had those widely spaced feet I probably wouldn't have bought it (though I've discovered that there are table stands which would have worked for me which attach to standard wall mounting holes).
Here are the differences in specs.

2014 P55 - - 2015 M55

64 Zones - - 32 Zones
240 Hz Effective refresh - - 120 Hz Effective Refresh
Clear Action 960 - - Clear Action 360
DCR 50 Mil:1 - - DCR 20 Mil:1
2 Down/3 Side HDMI - - 3 Down/2 Side HDMI
Power 210W - - Power 244kWh

Also the review site stated that the 1080p upscaling of the P series was significantly softer than the 2015 M-series.

I am buying a 40”,48”, and 50” 2015 E-series. A 50” 2014 P-series. And a 55” 2015 M-series. I should have all of the TVs by the end of the month and I will review them all against each other.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am buying a 40”,48”, and 50” 2015 E-series. A 50” 2014 P-series. And a 55” 2015 M-series. I should have all of the TVs by the end of the month and I will review them all against each other.
Excellent, please take lots of detailed pics along with your review.

Can anyone confirm if the P65 has a better viewing angle than the P60/70 panels. I have the P60 and went into BB today and saw the P65. The P65 looked to have great viewing angles compared to my P60 (it also seemed like colors popped more). I was able to walk side-to-side when viewing the P65 and although color degraded it wasn't too drastic. If I move my body side-to-side while seated when viewing the P60 I can see the color degrade and if I view from an angle at all the color is almost completely washed out. Could this be because of the home vs store initial setup or does the P65 have a better panel?

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Excellent, please take lots of detailed pics along with your review.

Can anyone confirm if the P65 has a better viewing angle than the P60/70 panels. I have the P60 and went into BB today and saw the P65. The P65 looked to have great viewing angles compared to my P60 (it also seemed like colors popped more). I was able to walk side-to-side when viewing the P65 and although color degraded it wasn't too drastic. If I move my body side-to-side while seated when viewing the P60 I can see the color degrade and if I view from an angle at all the color is almost completely washed out. Could this be because of the home vs store initial setup or does the P65 have a better panel?
I have a Panasonic GH4 and the LX100. Both of those shoot extremely high quality 4K video so that will be nice to have some of my own content to compare each TV with.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Here are the differences in specs.

2014 P55 - - 2015 M55

64 Zones - - 32 Zones
DCR 50 Mil:1 - - DCR 20 Mil:1

Also the review site stated that the 1080p upscaling of the P series was significantly softer than the 2015 M-series.

Well your P50 VA panel and your M55 ISP panel. You need to review apples for apples both having ether VA panels or ISP.
The ISP will loose in contrast with out having them in front of me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My p65 will power on and you can see the vizio logo on the screen. Then it'll reboot and show the logo again. I am on the latest firmware. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?
My P50 did this exact same thing about 2 months ago. Vizio told me they would have replaced it if I owned it less than 90 days, but I'd had it for 4 months. They sent out a tech to replaced the motherboard. Everything's good now.
I did a power flush. That didn't fix anything. Then I remembered I had USB key plugged into the TV, and a pc plugged into hdmi 4. I most use hdmi 5 for my dvr. I unplugged the usb key, and the pc from hdmi 4. Did another power cycle and the TV works. I wonder if the TV was trying to boot up from the USB.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Well your P50 VA panel and your M55 ISP panel. You need to review apples for apples both having ether VA panels or ISP.
The ISP will loose in contrast with out having them in front of me.
I understand that my tests won’t be absolute 1:1. However, I don’t have any issues with viewing angles because of my seating arrangement. I am more interested in demonstrating how each of these different sized and model TVs fit into my budget in the specific area I need them in.

For instance, I will have an extremely close sitting distance(Like 4 feet) to the 55” M TV on my 3rd floor. I want that TV to have very good 1080p upscaling resolution and the ability to display 4K from a computer. That is why I picked the M instead of the P for that room.

Downstairs I have a lot of windows and a very open floor plan. The seats will be much further back from the 50” P series so resolution and upscaling won’t be as big a concern. I still want 4K on that set though. It is such an inexpensive set($699) that it was worth it to go for 4k there.

On the back porch I just simply need a really cheap big TV. If it breaks I will simply buy a new one. The 48” E series should be perfect out there. However, I want to put a 50” E series in the bed room. My wife might not like the bigger TV in there so I might put the 50” outside and the 48” inside.

The best thing is that I will end up getting 5 TVs(Including two 4K sets) for $2999.95 plus tax. That is simply astonishingly inexpensive. I know that there are better sets out there. However, I can’t afford to buy 5 of them right now. Instead I just want 5 good sets that really are not that much different from the competition that is sometimes as much as 70% more expensive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When DirecTV expands their 4K offerings to sets other than select Samsung TV's, will it be something where my P70 will be able to use it, or will it be limited to new sets that have something installed already in order to work with it?

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's pretty bad if the upscale isn't even on par with the p series.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts

From what I can see on their site, both are 240 Hz "effective" refresh. The manuals now clearly state "Refresh 120Hz (240Hz with Backlight Scanning)"; there was a class action suit about the ambiguity.

I see "Clear Action 720" for the M-Series (AFAICT from my P60, a profoundly useless feature).

The specs for the P-Series says "(2 side / 3 down)" and the M-Series says "(3 down; 2 side)", which seems the same to me. If you compare the picture of the back panel on page 11 of either manual the arrangement of connections is identical. (I do notice that the 2015 M-Series has 3 buttons on the back, being Power, Volume Up/Down and Input, whereas the 2014 P-Series has a single Power/Input button).

The specs on Vizio's site say 250W for the P-Series, 88.9W for the M-Series (comparing 60" models). The P-Series manual says 132.8W.

What review site?

So the only differences I see is that the M-Series has half the LDZs, Clear Action 720 vs Clear Action 960, 3 control buttons on enclosure, lower power consumption and inconveniently widely separated feet (for me and others).

Reactions: Reclaimer Rob
14941 - 14960 of 18031 Posts