AVS Forum banner

18001 - 18020 of 18031 Posts

·
Registered
20,442 Posts
I'm sure this has come up somewhere in the 600 pages, but if I hook up a Chromecast Ultra to my P70 to add casting and Google assistant abilities, can it turn on the TV? If I hook it up to my Denon AVR-X3200 receiver (instead of the TV) can it turn on both the receiver and the TV?

If not, it obviously defeats the purpose.

Thanks.

If it has CEC then it should, but CEC is fickle. I’m not sure why it would defeat the purpose of a video device however.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think I might have to get a 75 inch PQ-X assuming the price is reasonable and retire my 2014 70 incher to the basement...
I'm tempted along the same lines regarding my 2014 P70 as well. :)

On another note - I tried again a few days ago to get my PS4 Pro to work on HDMI 5 on my 2014 P70 and still no joy. It had been about a year since the last time I tried to get it to work and I was hoping that maybe firmware updates had fixed the issue. I only run the PS4 PRO at 1080p, not trying to get 4K to work. It works just fine on HDMI 4 but I get no signal on HDMI 5. I have tried different cables. I would prefer to use HDMI 5 for the lower latency.

Has anyone gotten a PS4 Pro to work on HDMI 5 on their 2107 P series?

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts
I am trialing two streaming services right now, Directv Now and You Tube TV. What is the best way to watch these on my P70? I could not find any apps that would run on the Vizio so that I wouldn't have to buy a device like the Roku I'm using in my video room.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Has anyone gotten a PS4 Pro to work on HDMI 5 on their 2107 P series?
I'm running my XBox One X directly off HDMI 5 on my P552ui-B2 @ 4k with no issues... Well, no issues other than the inherent limitations of a TV released in 2014 (no HDR, mainly). Not sure how finicky the PS4 Pro is with output.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm running my XBox One X directly off HDMI 5 on my P552ui-B2 @ 4k with no issues... Well, no issues other than the inherent limitations of a TV released in 2014 (no HDR, mainly). Not sure how finicky the PS4 Pro is with output.
Thanks ganz. There was/is an issue specific to PS4 Pro and the P70's HDMI 5 input (I think other models in the series as well). I think by the time the PS4 Pro came out in Nov 2016, the 2014 P70 was too old for Vizio to worry about fixing it. They were busy with the newer models I suppose. And there likely weren't enough 2014 P-Series TV's out there for Sony to really care about trying to do something on their end. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone know if the p series has SAP?
Cant seem to find it anywhere in the settings and no button on the remote.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just remembered that the the 2014 series have "WiFi" remote control. Also (maybe) remember changing setting so that my remote worked on IR only.

I cannot find any item in the Settings menu to pair or re-pair the remote.

I would like the remote to work on radio ("WiFi") again.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I just remembered that the the 2014 series have "WiFi" remote control. Also (maybe) remember changing setting so that my remote worked on IR only.

I cannot find any item in the Settings menu to pair or re-pair the remote.

I would like the remote to work on radio ("WiFi") again.
I dont know think thats true. I have the 2014 P series, with the remote with the keyboard on the back side, and I tried using it it backwards, with the keyboard facing the wrong way, and it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I dont know think thats true. I have the 2014 P series, with the remote with the keyboard on the back side, and I tried using it it backwards, with the keyboard facing the wrong way, and it wouldn't work.
I am 100% certain that the 2014 P series remote is IR only. I never saw a setting in the menu for WiFi remote, and I spent much time tinkering with settings in the menu over the years. I wish I had kept my 2014 remote and gave the person who bought my 2014 P-Series the remote my PQ65 came with.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I am 100% certain that the 2014 P series remote is IR only. I never saw a setting in the menu for WiFi remote, and I spent much time tinkering with settings in the menu over the years. I wish I had kept my 2014 remote and gave the person who bought my 2014 P-Series the remote my PQ65 came with.
Yeah so am I, I remember taking the band off that hides the batteries and there are a couple IR blasters. Yeah I LOVED the keyboard on the back made searching for anything in the smart tv apps super easy. Of course that was also a big chunky remote lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone know if the p series has SAP?
Cant seem to find it anywhere in the settings and no button on the remote.

The SAP function should be found in the Analog Audio setting however this feature would only be available when using the built in tuner. If using an application or other source device those inputs would control alternate language processing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The SAP function should be found in the Analog Audio setting however this feature would only be available when using the built in tuner. If using an application or other source device those inputs would control alternate language processing.
Thanks. thats why I cant find it. I'm not using OTA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2014 P70 Network Disconnected Error

Just started last Friday - every 20 minutes or so, this error message pops up on the screen, grays out the entire rest of the screen. I bought this TV at Costco back in 2014, have the 5 year SquareTrade warranty so called them and filed a claim. They contacted Vizio Support and Vizio is saying that this is related to a patch - I don't recall anything being updated on the TV recently.

If this is patch related, is anyone else having the same issue? Vizio states they are working on a fix - I don't believe them. I figured that I would see at least one other person with this same issue.

I'm on my own WiFi network, have never had an issue until now. I don't see anything on Vizio's site except for a class action lawsuit, so maybe it's because I'm the only one still connected so they can spy on me?:rolleyes:

They said I could try turning off the Wifi - but since there isn't an option for that, i'll have reset the TV again and skip the setup.

I've tried a factory reset (and forgot to record all of my calibration settings!!!:mad:
Squaretrade offered some advice, stating that 1/3 of their customers are experiencing the same issue - unplug the power cord for 30 seconds, push and hold the power button for 60 seconds, plug it back in and turn on - none of this has helped.

Picture included - the network settings button does nothing - I am constantly connected to WiFi, so there is actually no disconnect. It appears to be related to one of the included apps, but there is no indication of how to address the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just started last Friday - every 20 minutes or so, this error message pops up on the screen, grays out the entire rest of the screen. I bought this TV at Costco back in 2014, have the 5 year SquareTrade warranty so called them and filed a claim. They contacted Vizio Support and Vizio is saying that this is related to a patch - I don't recall anything being updated on the TV recently.

If this is patch related, is anyone else having the same issue? Vizio states they are working on a fix - I don't believe them. I figured that I would see at least one other person with this same issue.

I'm on my own WiFi network, have never had an issue until now. I don't see anything on Vizio's site except for a class action lawsuit, so maybe it's because I'm the only one still connected so they can spy on me?:rolleyes:

They said I could try turning off the Wifi - but since there isn't an option for that, i'll have reset the TV again and skip the setup.

I've tried a factory reset (and forgot to record all of my calibration settings!!!:mad:
Squaretrade offered some advice, stating that 1/3 of their customers are experiencing the same issue - unplug the power cord for 30 seconds, push and hold the power button for 60 seconds, plug it back in and turn on - none of this has helped.

Picture included - the network settings button does nothing - I am constantly connected to WiFi, so there is actually no disconnect. It appears to be related to one of the included apps, but there is no indication of how to address the issue.
I had and have this issue once in a while. I usually just reconnect to my wireless. Sometimes I can reboot my router and I'll be fine. I run a tri-band router. The other day it wouldn't connect to one of the 5G bands but it did to the other.

My bigger concern is that while watching apps like Vudu I get constant what I call blips on the video where the video cuts out for a split second and the rate at which it happens is inconsistent meaning it could happen 5 times in a minute or 5 times in 20 seconds.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just curious, what's the value of a P65 from this generation? I've had mine for three plus years, but thinking about getting an LG OLED for our bedroom. My Vizio P series is still kicking and has been pretty reliable, making it tough to upgrade. With TV prices coming down, I'm curious if I were to sell, what would be the appropriate value? I guess at worst, I could move to another bedroom, but seems too big for that.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just curious, what's the value of a P65 from this generation? I've had mine for three plus years, but thinking about getting an LG OLED for our bedroom. My Vizio P series is still kicking and has been pretty reliable, making it tough to upgrade. With TV prices coming down, I'm curious if I were to sell, what would be the appropriate value? I guess at worst, I could move to another bedroom, but seems too big for that.

Thanks in advance.
I was able to get $250 for my P55 back in early February. I'd guess you could get $300-$350 depending on how much work you want to do to sell it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It’s about that time to start upgrading. My 70” tv has been wonderful. I might sell it or put it in a media room I’m building in my basement. I was wondering what TVs you are interested in. I’m kinda torn.
I’m checking out:
LG 65” C9 or B9
Sony 65” A8G
Sony 65”-75” 950g
Vizio 75” P-Series Quantum or X
TCL 75” 6 Series (2018)
TCL 65” 6 Series (2019)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The P60 (2014 vintage) started at first very intermittently showing no picture. Backlight and audio worked OK. No power problems. Diagnosis was a Tcon board.

Kept that up for about 2 months but I didn't have time to screw with it. Then power problems. Sometimes it would power up, sometimes not. Eventually died as I was watching football a couple weeks ago. Ordered a Tcon board and a power board.

Installed both (total cost $98 US). Upon closer inspection 4 caps (1000uF 16v) on the power board were bulged so I have those on the way from Digikey as to have a possible backup just in case.

Good to have it back operational. Later on a tale of the ongoing BS with a certain warranty company trying their best to get me to accept some garbage TV as a replacement for my P60.

I am a man of my word and hopefully a year later this story is finished. The end of the road (and a new TV).

Last November I was dealing with a warranty company when my P60 of 2014 vintage took a dump. After initial contact with the warranty company, real life interfered and I got sucked into an 11 month overseas work odyssey of stupidity that occupied the vast majority of my time. Incompetent electrical contractors are the worst.

After being back in country for about three weeks I noticed the old P60 was still chugging along. It dawned on me I had run off and neither Jr or the wife knew about the warranty dealings. The TV was being replaced because "repair parts were unavailable". Well OK then. Got on the phone, reopened the claim without difficulty, and another lowball offer. Low end LG units with $400-$450 cost. Called the warranty company up and talked to someone to plead my case. TV specs were at my fingertips. Was told they would take it under advisement and make another offer. New offer, a NEW P659-G1. It is being shipped as I type.

Cannot knock "Square Trade". In the end they did right by me. Looks like the new TV might be a problem child as far as reliability goes. Oh Vizio…….

·
Registered
834 Posts
It’s about that time to start upgrading. My 70” tv has been wonderful. I might sell it or put it in a media room I’m building in my basement. I was wondering what TVs you are interested in. I’m kinda torn.
I’m checking out:
LG 65” C9 or B9
Sony 65” A8G
Sony 65”-75” 950g
Vizio 75” P-Series Quantum or X
TCL 75” 6 Series (2018)
TCL 65” 6 Series (2019)
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people on here, looking to upgrade from my P70 (which has been fantastic, and still holds up well). I'm going to be moving up to the 82" Samsung Q80R, should be fun!

18001 - 18020 of 18031 Posts