AVS Forum banner

24401 - 24420 of 24450 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
And the qled Samsung 8 series not the BS 8 series. The Js8500 was #3 flagship behind the js9000 and js9500. I got my js8500 when my es8000 developed really bad light bleed. They originally offered me a bs Sony. It took about a week of going back and forth. I was dealing with square trade.
Thanks for the quick advice, really helpful. I await an offer of replacement TV or a credit note. it will be interesting to find out. I’ll update when I know more.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Thanks for the quick advice, really helpful. I await an offer of replacement TV or a credit note. it will be interesting to find out. I’ll update when I know more.
Good Luck. No light bleed so far and I still have a year to go on my 5 year square trade warranty.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi all, been a few years since getting a js8500 and have had the dreaded light bleed for many months now. What would you guys suggest is a fair replacement for it under 5 year warranty?
many thanks.
Samsung 8 or Sony X950. Accept no substitutes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you. They were supposed to get back to me yesterday, I’m still waiting.
Like everything, it takes time. Just keep an eye out on years of ownership deadlines. If one's coming close, keep very tight records and push hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again all for the advice. Just heard back. I'm offered a QE65Q70TATXXU as a direct replacement. 2020 QLED. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Thanks again all for the advice. Just heard back. I'm offered a QE65Q70TATXXU as a direct replacement. 2020 QLED. What do you think?

that's currently about $1500 US and is at least 1 year old and not a current model, right? I would push for newer. That said, It's probably a better set than the 8500 by a lot with FALD. I'd think your 5 year warranty should give you a current model, not an old one. That said, I think the more appropriate replacement is a Q80, based on current prices. in the US, the Q80 2020 model is listed at $1800 at samsung.com which makes it close to the original price of the 8500.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would ask for the Q80. Politely let them know that if you had purchased the JS7000 this would be an excellent replacement. You purchased a flagship TV and the Q80 would be an exact better fit based on features and standing in the Samsung lineup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would ask for the Q80. Politely let them know that if you had purchased the JS7000 this would be an excellent replacement. You purchased a flagship TV and the Q80 would be an exact better fit based on features and standing in the Samsung lineup.
Thank you, that is great advice, I'll give that a go. On their website it says this model is a 2020 model or ate the models always for the coming year? Either way, I'll try my best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all. After 5 weeks of back and forth I have an offer of a Q70 65 inch or £900 toward a new TV.
the runners there would be the 75 inch Q70 or the 75 inch Q80 (all these being the 4K qled models).

so, the choice is -

Q70 65 direct swap for free

Q70 75 and spend £1100 after discount of £900

or Q80 75 and spend £1800 after discount of £900

hmmm, it’s certainly got me thinking. Any advice gratefully received and considered.

thanks experts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi all. After 5 weeks of back and forth I have an offer of a Q70 65 inch or £900 toward a new TV.
the runners there would be the 75 inch Q70 or the 75 inch Q80 (all these being the 4K qled models).

so, the choice is -

Q70 65 direct swap for free

Q70 75 and spend £1100 after discount of £900

or Q80 75 and spend £1800 after discount of £900

hmmm, it’s certainly got me thinking. Any advice gratefully received and considered.

thanks experts.
Sorry you had to go through the usual sludge to get things done. If you want the 75 inch and can afford it, then sure. Honestly a 65 Q80 should've been the free direct swap.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Didn't El PresidenteTrump say something about sitting in front of a JS8500 a couple of hours a day providing partial immunity to COVID-19?? :D

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Not really, but it surely helps as a way to pass the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Firmware update 1560 is out on Samsung's website since Sept 28.

As usual, what changed is not documented. You get the usual useless placeholders:

"Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices"

So helpful...

Go here, then to Manuals and Downloads, then click See More.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
"Improved usability 1. Improved browser performance 2. Improved app performance 3. Improved stability 4. Improved usability of input devices"
Why even bother updating the firmware at this point? Is it going to change the performance of turning on and off and changing HDMI inputs LOL? If my setup didn't have HDMI problems, I wouldn't have to switch inputs, I'd just be turning it on or off. I guess I do turn Game mode on once in a while to play Nintendo games.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
£900 for a JS850D? WOW. At least here in the US, a TV with better performance (and Roku) today costs about $450. I think I paid $1800 for my JS850D in 2015. Take the money and run! I was marveling at how costs have come down over the past few years with a friend the other night.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone use a bluetooth headphones with this TV?

I currently use wireless headphones that uses the audio output jack. The problem is that when the TV detects my receiver is on it won't pass audio output to the jack. I have to enable passthrough on the receiver and turn the receiver off to get audio output from the audio jack. But enabling passthrough causes other problems on my system. So I'd like to find a solution that allows me to leave my receiver on but still get audio through headphones.

Does the TV pass audio through bluetooth if it detects a receiver is connected?
I'd purchase bluetoooth headphones if it does.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Does anyone use a bluetooth headphones with this TV?

I currently use wireless headphones that uses the audio output jack. The problem is that when the TV detects my receiver is on it won't pass audio output to the jack. I have to enable passthrough on the receiver and turn the receiver off to get audio output from the audio jack. But enabling passthrough causes other problems on my system. So I'd like to find a solution that allows me to leave my receiver on but still get audio through headphones.

Does the TV pass audio through bluetooth if it detects a receiver is connected?
I'd purchase bluetoooth headphones if it does.
You can select bt audio out

24401 - 24420 of 24450 Posts