AVS Forum banner

16201 - 16220 of 24395 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Is there any technical advantage to ARC over optical for getting audio from the TV to an AVR? I'd rather not have to enable CEC if I don't have to, but if it can send better audio, format/bitrate/etc, it might be worth doing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah it could be an hdmi link issue too I know I turned mine on to test it out and then I started having issues. Also could be fw related but the newest fw is supposed to fix hdmi issues with the uhd player, so who knows.

Don't think it's the tv but rather a connection/signal issue.

Yeah, but seems strange I never had this issue with the previous 3 JS8500's.

I'm still getting the issue with hdmi device link off. Will try HDCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got my 65" in December direct from Samsung. No issues! Changed setting to Prime suggestions after a few days.
My wife says it no longer has the 3 D effect where the subjects stand out. She see when she goes to a spa that has the same unit and most likely has not changed any settings.. There must have been some setting in the factory that created that 3 D effect. Major setting differences are backlight, contrast, and sharpness without getting to the advanced settings.

Are there simple changes that can get it to a more 3 D effect that I can try.

Thanks in advance.
Nick

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is there any technical advantage to ARC over optical for getting audio from the TV to an AVR? I'd rather not have to enable CEC if I don't have to, but if it can send better audio, format/bitrate/etc, it might be worth doing.
No, it's the same audio quality as the optical output on the One Connect box. If it's easier for you to use the optical output with your set-up, use it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Got my 65" in December direct from Samsung. No issues! Changed setting to Prime suggestions after a few days.
My wife says it no longer has the 3 D effect where the subjects stand out. She see when she goes to a spa that has the same unit and most likely has not changed any settings.. There must have been some setting in the factory that created that 3 D effect. Major setting differences are backlight, contrast, and sharpness without getting to the advanced settings.

Thanks in advance.
Nick
She might be picking up on something people refer to as the, "soap opera effect." Try bumping up your "Auto Motion Plus" setting in your "Picture Options" to "Smooth" or "Standard" and see if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
that other TV is probably in Dynamic "torch" mode which oversaturates and oversharpens everything but there's nothing "3D" about it. if you're using prme19's settings, just give it few days for your eyes to adjust. you'll love it soon enough. you can also try my Standard settings from the 1st post for more "pop".

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Just renewed my membership didn't know they had a 4k option so I got that but I'll try it on my tv when I get home from work tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The 100 is just 1080p.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
that's a 1080 show. Netflix 4K offers are still rubbish.
Rubbish is a strong word, they're a heck of a lot better than 1080p, much less compression artifacts. Better Call Saul on Netflix looks a lot better than 1080p on Amazon, even on my 55".

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Received new 65", January build. Has basically the same blue corner as the last one which is fine because it wasn't very noticeable. I'll be looking for any other issues once it gets dark.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So my tv has all of the sudden just shut off twice now. I have to press the power button on the remote just to turn it back on but then press the power button again to get it to show a picture from the source which was on the whole time. Someone posted about this happening to their tv. Why does that happen? What is the fix? Thanks guys!

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts
So my tv has all of the sudden just shut off twice now. I have to press the power button on the remote just to turn it back on but then press the power button again to get it to show a picture from the source which was on the whole time. Someone posted about this happening to their tv. Why does that happen? What is the fix? Thanks guys!

Make sure all the "Eco" features are turned OFF.

MENU/123 > MENU > System > Eco Solution

Richard

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts

that other TV is probably in Dynamic "torch" mode which oversaturates and oversharpens everything but there's nothing "3D" about it.
^^^^ I was about to say the exact same thing.

Post all your settings (including Advanced) and we'll see if there are any changes we can recommend that will give your picture more "pop".

Richard

16201 - 16220 of 24395 Posts