AVS Forum banner

4301 - 4314 of 4314 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m using a UN65JS9000 in Brazil and our firmware is also still locked in 1530.

My first Samsung TV was a DLP I got in 2005. Have bought only Samsung TVs since then, but this region lock for firmware updates is BS.

Same thing with the Gear Watch Active. I has to switch regions to get the latest update.

I think I’m done with Damn-sung products.

yeah I mean **** that ****.

First it was, netflix app without HDR, we had to force them after months to finally have it.

Then it was the one connect box false promise, fearing a class action they gave us the sec-4500 which connect on the sec-3500 *joke*.

And now, they've totally abandoned different regions, like uk, europe, brazil and don't update the firmware of a $2000 2015 tv.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Best Buy to replace my display??

oh wow, so I’m a JS9000 owner and i just bought a Q7 as a second TV and I’ll say go for it if you didn’t already. I was researching quite a bit because i wanted this TV to be hanged and I didn’t want to deal with cables so the one connect was attractive to me. I went to the Ratings website and the Q7 had one of the best PQ consistent reviews. Long story short the Q7 is spectacular. The contrast ratio is sick. Btw, I didn’t know the Q7 was bottom edge lit, i thought it was side edge only. Anyhow, the Q7 surpassed my expectations and it beats the JS9000 IMO.

Funny enough, my JS 4 year old TV is showing the same signs of led bleeding in the edges, very thin vertical layer in the edge of both sides of the TV so I will probably be using the warranty from Best Buy. The only thing is that Best Buy doesn’t carry the Q7 anymore so I’m not sure about my options if they won’t fix it. I attached some pics
Ok so an update on this. I finally called Best Buy Geek Squad protection for a claim and apparently they will replace the part (the display) for the LED bleeding issue on my JS. I have a scheduled appointment with the technician next week. This is very odd as I thought the display wasn't manufactured any longer. I thought this was going to be one of those sorry kid we can't fix it here's a credit. How Samsung had these parts available to the consumer is very surprising. This TV is 4 years old going on 5! Anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Edit: I also received it OTA in Europe even if it's not available as a standalone download on Samsung Europe website. Wow they finally gave us an update!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't updated mine in a couple years. Is the 1.5gb update really worth it - anyone noticed anything different or worthwhile?

·
Registered
10,568 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
See ya guys. My 55JS9000 died last week. I got it in 2016 from B&H with the 2-year warranty. Towards the end of the warranty, in 2018, I needed to file a claim because the One Connect was giving me issues. Samsung sent a replacement and all was fine until last week. I was watching, the display flashed and video was gone. I tried resets, changing input ports, etc. Nothing worked except audio. I did notice a day or two priors that the left and right borders were blooming white more than usual. So I guess it was telling me it's time. :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have this TV and the HDMI CEC doesn't work on it anymore. Bose SoundTouch 300, Sonos Arc, PS4 Pro, Nvidia Shield the TV detects none of them. I can't believe I paid over $2000 for this back in 2015. I'll be glad when LG calls me back to fix my C9 because this TV just doesn't cut it. The light bleed close to the edges. The laggy UI and heck it can't even log into my Samsung account because it only accepts up to 15 characters for a password and mine is 16.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Have this TV and the HDMI CEC doesn't work on it anymore. Bose SoundTouch 300, Sonos Arc, PS4 Pro, Nvidia Shield the TV detects none of them. I can't believe I paid over $2000 for this back in 2015. I'll be glad when LG calls me back to fix my C9 because this TV just doesn't cut it. The light bleed close to the edges. The laggy UI and heck it can't even log into my Samsung account because it only accepts up to 15 characters for a password and mine is 16.
hi

i have to problem with my tv

Light leakage from the sides:
leak

2.purple line in white screen :
IMG-3071

Are these problems from the panel or the led lamps?

thanks
Seems like the side light bleed is common on the JS9000. Mine has it too. Probably likely why they never released a legit new one connect box, all the TVs would be defective so why would anyone spend more money one it. I think it’s a panel issue which is why square trade replaced it with a Q8.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not having problems with the tv, but does anyone have comparison pictures of 2019 or 2020 models to show how tv quality has improved over the years? Particularly interested in how HDR works better (or worse) on newer tvs versus this one.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Not having problems with the tv, but does anyone have comparison pictures of 2019 or 2020 models to show how tv quality has improved over the years? Particularly interested in how HDR works better (or worse) on newer tvs versus this one.
I will say I like the picture better on the JS9000, sound, etc. over this Q8, but the newer Q8 is much faster processing for apps and such. So much for the octocore. I forgot which year Q8 I have, but it’s the model right before eARC was added...

4301 - 4314 of 4314 Posts