AVS Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 4311 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello, I just recieved my Samsung 65" JS9000 SUHD. Had it mounted in my bedroom. Purchased My Passport Cinema drive. Got Exodus and Maze Runner HDR free ! This tv is awsome like the movie theater. One problem though. The youtube app doesn't work, won't load videos. Got the TV and 7500 Soundbar for $4K
The reason why it's not working is because you hung your TV upside down. J/K

Try restarting or resetting the smart hub. As always, please remember to write down the settings you have for your picture before resetting anything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
****Quick update*** I went to Best Buy and exchanged the TV for the same model. The new set is 100 times better. There is no juddering that I can see, no clouding and the TV looks amazing! I think I just got a bad set. Now I can focus on upgrading my surround sound. :devil:

I just changed my 55JS9000 for another one, and it fixed my overheating issues on the OCB, however, this new panel has like a motion blur, judder or whatever you call it whenever people run, or move quickly...

Could you please please watch the first episode of Daredevil on Netflix, and right at the beggining at around 15 seconds in, tell me if the guy running towards his kid looks blurry as he runs?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I posted this in the BD area, but it doesn't get much action over there so I thought I would ask here for opinions on what BD player to use for the TV.

What is the real point of a 4k upscaling BD player? Most/all 4K TV will upscale the image to fill the screen so it is basically accomplishing the same thing. Plus if you have a smart tv, you probably already have netflix and the other apps the BD player has. In the end you are just paying for features you don't need or want. For the record I have a Samsung 65 inch JS9000 tv. The only reason I want a separate BD player instead of using my PS4 for games and movies is that I don't want to keep having to switch picture modes and setting game mode on and off. I bought the H6500...

Rob

·
Registered
74 Posts
I reinstalled the youtube app.. Had to activate the tv and it played two videos in a row.. Then it stopped loading again. I guess the picture quality is most important but for more than$3,000 it should work. I know it's not my internet as my 2013 LG plays youtube with no problem.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did everyone get glasses with their TV? My 65 inch did not come with any. I used the Samsung online chat and they told me it should come with 2 glasses. Best Buy (Canada) said there should be 1 pair so they gave me credit to get a free pair or half off the higher end comfort fit rechargeable ones (I got one of these). So I was trying to use Samsung phone support because the online support said I needed to phone. I found the (obviously outsourced) support representatives really disinterested and unknowledgable. I was disconnected and do they call you back? Nope! Maybe I will try an email instead. I gave the guy the model number from the TV itself and he said that was for a sound bar. Oh well, I'll try again soon.

Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
They exchanged mine for a new one very quickly. They gave me 14 days tu return, and 30 days after I bought it and got into their rewards program (you have to ask for it, and it's free, just give them a dummy email).

I will say, I took so much care of my unit, didn't take a single sticker out, just the One Connect Box wrap because it was overheating, and when I went there, they handled my TV like a rag doll, they didn't even check how well I preserved it, they just tossed to the floor like a piece of paper >.>...

Protip: I went to Best buy right before they close at night, and maybe they just wanted to go home so they couldn't care at all, and wanted to get rid of me quick.
That's the same thing I would do too, about keeping all the packaging nice and all that. Good tip on maybe going there before closing too.

What did you mean at the beginning of your post? You had the 14 days to return, but what was that about 30 days you mentioned after?

I'm going to be upgraded to the "Elite" version of the Best Buy Rewards program (for spending $1500 within this year) within the next couple of days so thankfully I'll have 30 days to ask for a return, exchange, or price exchange.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's the same thing I would do too, about keeping all the packaging nice and all that. Good tip on maybe going there before closing too.

What did you mean at the beginning of your post? You had the 14 days to return, but what was that about 30 days you mentioned after?

I'm going to be upgraded to the "Elite" version of the Best Buy Rewards program (for spending $1500 within this year) within the next couple of days so thankfully I'll have 30 days to ask for a return, exchange, or price exchange.

Sorry, I should specify. First, I bought a 55JS8500... the unit was perfect, no issues at all, but for some reason I wanted the full One Connect Box (not the Mini) on the JS9000 series to be more future-proof (even though there's no guarantee that will be true vs the Mini).

So, when I did the exchange for the more expensive JS9000, they made me an Elite menber, but this new JS9000 had a bad One Connect Box that would overheat, and cut my sound with a scary screetching, and abrupt noise.

So I exchange the JS9000 again, and got 30 days (didn't ask for it, they just mentioned it), and this new JS9000 has a bad blur/judder effect on the panel itself whenever people move fast on daylight scenes :(

So, I will exchange it again, maybe tomorrow if I have the time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry, I should specify. First, I bought a 55JS8500... the unit was perfect, no issues at all, but for some reason I wanted the full One Connect Box (not the Mini) on the JS9000 series to be more future-proof (even though there's no guarantee that will be true vs the Mini).

So, when I did the exchange for the more expensive JS9000, they made me an Elite menber, but this new JS9000 had a bad One Connect Box that would overheat, and cut my sound with a scary screetching, and abrupt noise.

So I exchange the JS9000 again, and got 30 days (didn't ask for it, they just mentioned it), and this new JS9000 has a bad blur/judder effect on the panel itself whenever people move fast on daylight scenes :(

So, I will exchange it again, maybe tomorrow if I have the time.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Your bad experiences aren't filling me with confidence about the TV panels though. :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
Has anyone with a js9000 seen the update that adds hdmi 2.0a? I know we cant use it yet, but im still on software 1220 with no ability to update.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Has anyone with a js9000 seen the update that adds hdmi 2.0a? I know we cant use it yet, but im still on software 1220 with no ability to update.
Yeah I have the same question too. Where the hell is this update.msamsung at the IFA meeting in Germany said the update was going to be released that day which was sept 4th :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
You brought it there yourself? How long had you had it? Did they give you any problem when you wanted to switch it for a new one? I'm about to get mine from Best Buy in the next month or less due to the ease of exchanging a potential bad set, so I'm curious. Thank you.
13 days or so. Unless you tamper with the TV they shouldn't give you any trouble.

Could you please please watch the first episode of Daredevil on Netflix, and right at the beggining at around 15 seconds in, tell me if the guy running towards his kid looks blurry as he runs?
I don't see any judder. I will give you some advice, if the judder is bothering you and you have tried playing with the setting and you still aren't happy with the performance of the TV then exchange it or get something different. The way I look at it, It's a lot of money to pay to not be happy with your purchase.

****Quick update*** I went to Best Buy and exchanged the TV for the same model. The new set is 100 times better. There is no juddering that I can see, no clouding and the TV looks amazing! I think I just got a bad set. Now I can focus on upgrading my surround sound. :devil:
****Quick update #2 ***
I had been pretty happy with the TV until last Friday when I started spotting some white dots during certain scenes dead center on the tv. I tried other content and got the same results. The dots only showed up during certain hues of color. I recorded the problem with my phone and took pictures and headed out to Best Buy. The Magnolia representative looked at it and again said that it was not normal. They ordered another TV for me that will arrive this Thursday. This will be my last exchange. If I have another problem I will return the set and either wait for next year or I will spend a little more money and get the LG OLED EG9600.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just changed my 55JS9000 for another one, and it fixed my overheating issues on the OCB, however, this new panel has like a motion blur, judder or whatever you call it whenever people run, or move quickly...

No, he does not look blurry as he runs. In fact, you can see the lines of the rear window heater on the UHD version. Are you watching the UHD version on Netflix or the HD version? I can look on the HD version too.... Wait... I'll just do that.. and then edit this .. BRB...

Nope, on the HD version it is not blurred either. It is obviously not as vibrant, and the action happens very quickly, but I wouldn't call it blurred.

·
Registered
222 Posts
As much as I really like the set, I don't like the 3D on it. I can't describe it any other way than it just feels really 'uncomfortable' on my eyes. I watched a bit of Thor 2 3D and after 5 minutes of watching the 3D intro it began to feel like I had been poked in the eyes. 45 minutes later after not watching any more my eyes still feel somewhat 'poked'. If I changed the 3D aspect ratio all the way to the right (+5?) it did make the image more comfortable to view though.

It's a toss up. Stick with my 65JS9000 or look into the LG panels for their passive 3d. I'm just not convinced the LG higher end LED panels are up to par with Samsung though. Is it just a matter of time before 3D is completely dead?

Rob

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a technical question about sports mode. I read somewhere that it will auto adjust the picture for best quality? I ask because it seems to look really good with the HDR movies but if its auto adjusting then that is really cool.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As much as I really like the set, I don't like the 3D on it. I can't describe it any other way than it just feels really 'uncomfortable' on my eyes. I watched a bit of Thor 2 3D and after 5 minutes of watching the 3D intro it began to feel like I had been poked in the eyes. 45 minutes later after not watching any more my eyes still feel somewhat 'poked'. If I changed the 3D aspect ratio all the way to the right (+5?) it did make the image more comfortable to view though.

It's a toss up. Stick with my 65JS9000 or look into the LG panels for their passive 3d. I'm just not convinced the LG higher end LED panels are up to par with Samsung though. Is it just a matter of time before 3D is completely dead?

Rob
I have a LG 3D from 2013 and it the 3D effect goes flat sometimes. The Js9000 keeps the 3D effect up all through the movie. Maybe this is why they call it "active".

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a LG 3D from 2013 and it the 3D effect goes flat sometimes. The Js9000 keeps the 3D effect up all through the movie. Maybe this is why they call it "active".
Consistency of an ongoing 3d image is not what makes 3D active glasses receive the name "Active." Here is an explanation to help clarify this.

3D Glasses Explained

Three techniques have been used to create the illusion of 3D. You can:

Have the viewer wear eyeglasses to combine separate images from two offset sources. – Require passive 3D Glasses
Have the viewer wear eyeglasses to filter offset images from a single source separated to each eye. – Require active 3D Glasses
Have the light source split the images directionally into the viewer's eyes – No glasses required

What makes 3D glasses ACTIVE is that they filter the offset image from the single source, as explained above rather than having the TV do it for you.

Reactions: larollin

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just got a Promo from Samsung on the JS900 55 Inch get it for 2,500 plus these Bonuses Western Digital Passport Cinema 4K UHD Movie Storage Device,Netflix for a year. Plus if you buy a 4 Door Flex Refrigerator get a $500 pre-paid card as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I purchased my first UHD with HDR movie from the M-GO app. It took all day to download. The tv is truly smart. When I turned the tv off, the one connect box stayed on with the USB drive and continued to download the movie while I was at work. Sports mode is looking great. I read it auto adjust the picture? If so that's a nice feature.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally got my 65JS9000 today after Best Buy screwed me around for two weeks on delivery. This is my first LCD TV coming off a line of plasmas so I guess I have some disgustingly noobish questions and comments. I also set up a Denon X1200 to go along with it.

1) Is Game Mode seriously tied to the entire TV, and not just a specific receiver input? All my other TVs would remember, but this one doesn't seem to, there's no shortcut, and it's buried in practically the last of the last menu options.

1a) Random side note: Is the setting that helps the black bars on letterboxed content something global too, or is it smart enough to know to only activate when it's receiving that signal?

2) I think the correct terminology is clouding, but is that just something to get used to? The bottom left corner gets a giant tentacled glow whenever something light (like the remote cursor) goes over a dark screen. The other three corners seem perfectly fine.

3) I set the TV in Movie Mode, tweaked the necessary settings, and turned off the post-process junk. However, Maze Runner and Exodus didn't make me go wow at all (blu-rays look great). Did I miss some option to make sure they play in UHD? The only thing I saw in the tv menu was HDR color setting which I enabled. The M-Go app keeps crashing, but I didn't notice anything in there. The play bar during a movie says UHD, but it's not lit-up and you can't select it like the CC and Audio icons next to it. I couldn't find a signal info display popup on the tv or receiver to see.

Anyways, at least I don't have to worry about image retention/burn-in anymore (good riddance VT60). The only thing I'm actually worried about is that weird edge-lighting issue in the bottom left. I attached some pictures. That red light is from the movie, not the camera flash lol.

Attachments

1381 - 1400 of 4311 Posts