AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4208 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, since some sources say that Sony will start shipping these beautiful TVs by the end of next month (March) - I think it is time to start the "Official" thread... :)

Features: (bold are changes/upgrades over the original offered A and B model at the time of release)

• Triluminos Display
• 4K X-Reality Pro
X1 Chip (improved color, contrast, and clarity)
• X-tended Dynamic Range
• Magnetic Fluid speakers (upgraded on the C model to 90 watts)
• ClearAudio+
High Resolution Audio with Upscaling
• Quick Start (2 seconds start-up)
Motionflow 1440 (upgraded from 960)
• HDMI 2.0
• HDCP 2.2
• HEVC 265
Google VP9 Codec
• WiFi
• One-flick Remote with Voice
Android TV with Google Cast, Voice Search & Play Store Apps.
Stream PS3 games directly to your TV
• Available matching wireless subwoofer

HDR

FALD – 75” X940C only

MSRP

65” Sony XBR-65X930C - $4,499
75” Sony XBR-75X940C - $7,999

See the video:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Wall mounted :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sony's new X1 Chip :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cant wait to see the prices on these things! :eek:
I am guessing the 65 X930C actual price will be $3,999.

It is anyone guess how Sony will price the 75 X940C...

If Sony is true to form, they will release the MSRP pricing prior to the actual release of the TVs.

The Sony MSRP pricing before release will probably be $4,499 - and then upon release it will go down to $3,999 ($4,299?) on the release date - just like they did last year, and usually do, etc.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I just love how everyone puts Official in the thread topics ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm not sure which model doesn't have the speakers is it the 900c the really thin one? I don't dislike the speakers but I'd have to do a 55" which I don't want to do. I'm looking for the 65" that includes the new chip, if it works like the demo show it will be terrific. Does anyone know if the new 900c have a stand, I don't wall mount mine so I need a stand for some reason it doesn't show one.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure which model doesn't have the speakers is it the 900c the really thin one? I don't dislike the speakers but I'd have to do a 55" which I don't want to do. I'm looking for the 65" that includes the new chip, if it works like the demo show it will be terrific. Does anyone know if the new 900c have a stand, I don't wall mount mine so I need a stand for some reason it doesn't show one.
http://store.sony.com/ces-2015-television/cat-27-catid-sony-ces-2015-tv

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
They all come with a stand.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I just hope that Sony with all they do great, improves on the crappy Smart Features and gets a Good remote included. The one with the B series is junk to me. Samsung does whip Sony on these features for sure.

Viper

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just hope that Sony with all they do great, improves on the crappy Smart Features and gets a Good remote included. The one with the B series is junk to me. Samsung does whip Sony on these features for sure.

Viper
Well the 2015 TVs will now have Android TV with Google Cast, Voice Search & Play Store Apps.

As far as the remote it is pretty much the same as last years One-flick Remote, with Voice, it takes some getting used to...

There is, like last year, a second, more conventional remote.

:)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Well the 2015 TVs will now have Android TV with Google Cast, Voice Search & Play Store Apps.

As far as the remote it is pretty much the same as last years One-flick Remote, with Voice, it takes some getting used to...

There is, like last year, a second, more conventional remote.

That tells me nothing, Android with a poor layout and implementation by Sony will be just as bad as it is now.

The One-Flick Remote is pitiful even with Voice. I would expect this out of Hisense not Sony. Conventional Remotes anyone can build.

I love Sony's PQ but they need to get on the ball with the other features they charge us so much for.

Not bashing just stating facts, People are not going to pay premium prices for poor Smart Features that are slow and buggy and a remote that is pitiful to put it lightly.

:eek:

Reactions: Rosso_Corsa

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That tells me nothing, Android with a poor layout and implementation by Sony will be just as bad as it is now.

The One-Flick Remote is pitiful even with Voice. I would expect this out of Hisense not Sony. Convetional Remote anyone can build.

I love Sony's PQ but they need to get on the ball with the other features they charge us so much for.

Not bashing just stating facts, People are not going to pay premium prices for poor Smart Features that are slow and buggy and a remote that is pitiful to put it lightly.

:eek:
This may come as a shocker, lol... :p

But I, and I will admit I am in the minority here, do not buy my TVs for their "smart functions"... I know, I know... lol

I buy my TVs for their picture quality, etc...

It always annoys me when you read these professional reviews where they state that the TV (or other A/V device) has the best picture and/or best sound they have ever seen/heard - but then dock it one star because it doesn't have Spotify (for example) - when it has every other app known to man, etc...

I know, I know... welcome to 2015... but still...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well, since some sources say that Sony will start shipping these beautiful TVs by the end of next month (March) - I think it is time to start the "Official" thread... :)

Features: (bold are changes/upgrades over the original offered A and B model at the time of release)

• Triluminos Display
• 4K X-Reality Pro
HDR
X1 Chip (improved color, contrast, and clarity)
• X-tended Dynamic Range
• Magnetic Fluid speakers (upgraded on the C model to 90 watts)
• ClearAudio+
High Resolution Audio with Upscaling
• Quick Start (2 seconds start-up)
Motionflow 1440 (upgraded from 960)
• HDMI 2.0
• HDCP 2.2
• HEVC 265
Google VP9 Codec
• WiFi
• One-flick Remote with Voice
Android TV with Google Cast, Voice Search & Play Store Apps.
Stream PS3 games directly to your TV
• Available matching wireless subwoofer

FALD – 75” X940C only

MSRP

65” Sony XBR-65X930C - $TBD
75” Sony XBR-75X940C - $TBD

See the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGYCZ_D8-i4

Says nothing about dimming. Pretty important spec

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Says nothing about dimming. Pretty important spec
Not sure that is a "feature"... like you said, that is more a spec... ;)

However, it does say that the 75" is FALD...

• FALD – 75” X940C only

Meaning that the 65" is not...

:p

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Guess we'd better be prepared to put aside that money we wanted to buy a nice sportscar with to buy the FALD version of the 75" X940C.

1 - 20 of 4208 Posts