AVS Forum banner

4201 - 4212 of 4212 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Everyone, I purchased my XBR-75X940C on launch date in 2015. I am still very pleased with it.
A family member, recently mentioned to me, Sony‘s 2020 model X900H. I believe our 940C is superior to that model, but I thought I would ask the ‘Expert’s’ here, LOL. Thank You, in advance for replying:)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Unless you’re interested in Dolby Vision, I don’t think it would warrant the change. I don’t personally think you could call it an upgrade - 940c was a 10k set and this one msrp’s for 3k. It’s a FALD display, but who knows how many zones it has. I plan to keep my 940c for a long time. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Unless you’re interested in Dolby Vision, I don’t think it would warrant the change. I don’t personally think you could call it an upgrade - 940c was a 10k set and this one msrp’s for 3k. It’s a FALD display, but who knows how many zones it has. I plan to keep my 940c for a long time. My 2 cents.
In Vincent Teoh's HDTVTEST review he confirmed that the 75X900H has a paltry 32 zones for shame :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
In Vincent Teoh's HDTVTEST review he confirmed that the 75X900H has a paltry 32 zones for shame :)
It’s sad that the Vizio sets are now superior. I believe the P Series has more zones than the 940c.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Update: After 5 years of 930C ownership I can report it’s still as good as ever. Great picture quality and the best sounding TV eva!

Reactions: yubakram

·
Registered
2 Posts
The long anticipated software update for Android TV models 2015/16 has arrived - Adroid 8.0 Oreo. I am downloading it now.

I feel like I have problems with this update.. Ever since it's been installed. When I use a device to wake the TV up or even power button. It doesn't turn on the first try. The light turns on then shuts off. Second try it will power up right away. And when it turns on it will say android and Sony on the screen like a cold boot.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Have any of you purchased a next generation Console yet? I'm leaning PS5. There is a lot of talk about HDMI 2.0b and how it will handle the 4k 60FPS on the Playstation 5. But I think our TV's are HDMI 2.0 with a firmware upgrade to 2.0a. I already know I'm going to have to utilize ARC as my 2 year old Onkyo RZ830 doesn't support 120FPS. I am able to game with my PS4 Pro in 4k HDR so I'm assuming the PS5 will do the same? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have any of you purchased a next generation Console yet? I'm leaning PS5. There is a lot of talk about HDMI 2.0b and how it will handle the 4k 60FPS on the Playstation 5. But I think our TV's are HDMI 2.0 with a firmware upgrade to 2.0a. I already know I'm going to have to utilize ARC as my 2 year old Onkyo RZ830 doesn't support 120FPS. I am able to game with my PS4 Pro in 4k HDR so I'm assuming the PS5 will do the same? Thanks in advance.

Yeah no problem with the Xbox series x. Hdr works great.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah no problem with the Xbox series x. Hdr works great.
Thanks man. I'd have to believe the PS5 will be the same. Though with the acquisition of Bethesda softworks Microsoft has me re-thinking.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi I have ps5 and no problem HDR look amazing, also I spend 3 hour at Bestbuy with Sony 8 k tv z8h playing some games with my old ps 4 pro and i can tell you my 5 year old tv 75x 940c look not so bad against z8h

4201 - 4212 of 4212 Posts