AVS Forum banner

6421 - 6433 of 6433 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wonder if Samsung will get back to you ?
Yeah they apologized for the situation and said “we may refer the agent to further coaching and training purposes”. They also offered me a refund on the set at 25% of the original purchase price, but I declined as that would not do much to offset the cost of a comparable new set.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone know where the IR sensor on the 65KS9800 is located? The last few weeks, my Harmony remote hasn't been able to consistently turn the TV on or off (sometimes it works). Unplugging the One Connect box and plugging it back in sometimes fixes the issue. Pressing the power button works fine.

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
Anyone know where the IR sensor on the 65KS9800 is located? The last few weeks, my Harmony remote hasn't been able to consistently turn the TV on or off (sometimes it works). Unplugging the One Connect box and plugging it back in sometimes fixes the issue. Pressing the power button works fine.
I believe it's dead center around the Samsung logo someplace

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi everyone!
I have a Mu8000 and Ks9800 with the same one connect cable. I accidentally swapped them together and my question is, does it matter? Although both cables differ only in their color. The MU8000 gray cable is the Ks9800 black cable. Does it matter anything or whatever? I don’t use the Mu8000 because I sold it to a friend and that’s why I ask. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
FW Updates explanations:

2016 TVs (K-Series)

Update version 1240.0 - June 2019

• Amazon Prime Video Aspect Ratio bug has been fixed.
Update version 1241.5 - September 2019

• Security update
  • The web browser has been improved
  • An HbbTV certificate has been added
  • Changes to TV Plus
Update version 1242.0 - February 2020

• A display bug with 4k HDR sport content in some apps has been fixed
  • Optimization of the screen mirroring

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
Some info re European consumers of this TV and Firmware 1242.0.
Personally, I do not have the graying of the picture issue.

Reactions: Gabor94 and jeep05

·
Registered
39 Posts
p5browne
Yes I started this conversation in Samsung Community. I have written to you before that we have many problems here in Europe. Many have indicated to me that they have experienced a similar deterioration in image quality. We have been waiting for a long time to fix Samsung, which solves the problem of local dimming (smart led) and other bugs in the software, for example. We hope to continue to support this TV because to this day it is a suitable device. Good health to everyone and have a nice day!

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
To fix Samsung, or a fix from Samsung. The first part, followed by the second part may be required !

·
Registered
39 Posts
To fix Samsung, or a fix from Samsung. The first part, followed by the second part may be required !
Sorry for my english. I don't understand exactly what you mean. Maybe it wasn't translated well by google what I wrote in my own language. The point is, many of us are waiting for fixes from Samsung.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Some info re European consumers of this TV and Firmware 1242.0.
Personally, I do not have the graying of the picture issue.

Add me to the list of those without the issue, albeit i am in the U.S. I do however, game on occasion and have not used Game Mode on the TV, Gameplay has been good without it IMHO.

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
Sorry for my english. I don't understand exactly what you mean. Maybe it wasn't translated well by google what I wrote in my own language. The point is, many of us are waiting for fixes from Samsung.
Sorry, it was a play on words.
Meaning, first we have to fix Samsung (Good luck after set is over 2 years old), and then get them to fix the issue.

Problem with a lot of manufacturers, after 2 years with no more monies coming in for the model, they no longer want to spend monies on it. Now, a major issue, they have to get it fixed, or get tromped on by various organizations and governments. They all pretty well say " It's 2 years old, get a newer model ! " Thinking we're all made of money. (Not after governments tax it all from us !) Problem with Samsung 1 good year of sets (2016), then 2 to 3 years of bad. So 2016 KS was an excellent set, 2017,18, not so good. 2019 R Series much improved, 2020 not so much.

Reactions: TK33

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's right, i agree with you. I think it's a very good tv even now. I don’t really know what kind of TV it would be worth buying after that. Maybe Samsung's next technology models will be worth replacing Qned if I know well and the micro led. Actually, I don’t understand how they think you should buy a top class TV every 2 years. This is nonsense. I’ve been thinking about Lg cx yet but I’m afraid of burn in because I use it mostly for gaming.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's right, i agree with you. I think it's a very good tv even now. I don’t really know what kind of TV it would be worth buying after that. Maybe Samsung's next technology models will be worth replacing Qned if I know well and the micro led. Actually, I don’t understand how they think you should buy a top class TV every 2 years. This is nonsense. I’ve been thinking about Lg cx yet but I’m afraid of burn in because I use it mostly for gaming.
I agree it is still a great TV and I have no intention of upgrading from this one anytime soon. I am hoping it lasts me a few more years but they don't seem to make anything that is built to last more than a few years these days. I went from a 55D8000 to 65KS9800. The D8000 lasted me about 4 years before the panel started to give out. Samsung quoted me $2k for the repairs...

My KS9800 is probably approaching that time now and the IR receiver seems to work 40% of the time (have to unplug and reconnect the One Connect box to get it to work again). Who knows what will be next. Meanwhile my 40" B7000 still works great...

I guess my upgrade path will be whatever is out when my KS9800 finally gives in to planned obsolescence or whatever you want to call it.

6421 - 6433 of 6433 Posts