AVS Forum banner

6881 - 6900 of 8158 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
verizon fios users. what is your stb set to? 1080i 1080p 720p?
I don't have fios but as long as the stb's built in deinterlacer is good, 1080p would be better as it wouldn't lose any detail on either 1080i or 720p sources. But if the deinterlacer is bad, you might prefer 1080i to let the TV handle deinterlacing, although you may lose some detail on 720p 60fps programs, like some sports or news programs. 24fps content however will retain all of the detail on all channels due to the TV's ability to reconstruct a proper 24fps source from a 60i signal.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
my TV no longer automatically switches over to the HDR video mode when I play a game or watch something on netflix that supports it any ideas on how to get that happening again

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
my TV no longer automatically switches over to the HDR video mode when I play a game or watch something on netflix that supports it any ideas on how to get that happening again
I had that happen a couple times in the past. Restarting the TV fixed it for me.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
FYI, when upgrading to this week's firmware update, my TV was unable to get to the Home Screen anymore. The home screen just showed up as being gray. I could use shortcut buttons on the remote to launch apps, but couldn't even get to the Settings Screen to do a factory reset. Eventually, I found a shortcut to the Settings application from the Help app, and from there, I was able to do a factory reset, which resolved the issue.

Upgraded via USB, FWIW.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Agree Jonas; After the 137NAB download via USB, my 930D more stable than ever, & the best news no change to PQ or settings. BTW, hope not my imagination, but HDR Netflix really seems improved!
Where is this update available? on the UK page it only shows the update from April.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to report that I still got a frame-freeze problem with Youtube as well as a Netflix complete failure just yesterday. :( Had to unplug and replug the TV to get Netflix to work again. Don't know about that frame freeze issue with Youtube. But the volume bar is still working quite well, looks like that may have been actually fixed. Baby steps, Sony, baby steps. :eek:.
Unfortunately, I have still experienced a few YouTube freeze ups after the latest update, where the video freezes but the audio keeps on running in real time, but I must admit the update has improved things and it doesn't seem to be happening quite as much as before, and the volume bar is much improved and is more responsive and has less lag. I haven't tried Netflix after the update yet so I can't comment on that. Hopefully, Sony will keep on improving our sets with more updates. Before this latest update the TV was a laggy and a buggy mess using Android, but since the new update things have improved, regardless of some issues still being there. It's still much better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello guys, I happy to tell you all that this firmware really reduced input lag, I tested TLOS online and it's much better in 4K hdr mode

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Unfortunately, I have still experienced a few YouTube freeze ups after the latest update, where the video freezes but the audio keeps on running in real time, but I must admit the update has improved things and it doesn't seem to be happening quite as much as before, and the volume bar is much improved and is more responsive and has less lag. I haven't tried Netflix after the update yet so I can't comment on that. Hopefully, Sony will keep on improving our sets with more updates. Before this latest update the TV was a laggy and a buggy mess using Android, but since the new update things have improved, regardless of some issues still being there. It's still much better.
Well, so far I did have one (but only one since the update) freezer-up with the YouTube audio/video issue, but it seems to be better. The volume bar has been much improved, though it still gives me some issues ONLY with Netflix! Weird.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well, so far I did have one (but only one since the update) freezer-up with the YouTube audio/video issue, but it seems to be better. The volume bar has been much improved, though it still gives me some issues ONLY with Netflix! Weird.
Glad to hear this Jonas. Sounds like after the update you see real overall improvement. One last point, now after several days the PQ of my 930D across all inputs has IMO has improved immeasurably. My imagination? Don't think so. Wish you the Best!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I just figured something out. If you have a dark environment that you watch HDR content in, you may want to consider doing this for some HDR content. If you turn down the contrast control, it unclips brighter highlights. By default, the TV clips highlights mastered above 1000nits, however if you turn the contrast down, you can effectively display content that was designed to be displayed at up to 10,000 nits. Of course this will look bad in a normally lit environment, but if you watch in pure darkness, your eyes can adjust and it will look much better than usual. So if you have a perfectly dark room, and you know the content you're watching is mastered for >1000 nits, you may consider using one of these settings in HDR mode:

clip at 2000 nits = contrast 85

clip at 4000 nits = contrast 80

clip at 10000 nits = contrast 65

Max contrast gives you the default clip at 1000 nits.

Right now I don't think there is any content mastered above 4000 nits, but I know for example GT sport will be mastered for 10000 nits when it releases. Otherwise setting it for 4000 nits at contrast 80 would be a good bet for many UHD Blu-ray discs. I've contacted someone to find out just which movies are mastered for 4000 nits or anything above 1000, so I'll report back if I learn that information.

Again, I'd suggest only doing this if you have a pitch black viewing environment, because otherwise it will cause the image to look too dim.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Glad to hear this Jonas. Sounds like after the update you see real overall improvement. One last point, now after several days the PQ of my 930D across all inputs has IMO has improved immeasurably. My imagination? Don't think so. Wish you the Best!
Likewise!! :)

Not sure really about the PQ, if I can see a difference or not. Comcast definitely does not seem to be improved at all, not the channels I'm watching anyway. Netflix though looks very good as does anything through the Oppo. But definitely the last update has improved things. I hope it has improved things for our gamer friends, there was mention about input lag being improved, but I'm not a gamer, so I simply don't know.

Be a real hoot if Sony decided to throw in a DV update, but REALLY not holding my breath for that. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where is this update available? on the UK page it only shows the update from April.
Hi Zaim, I'm also based in the UK - please let me know how you get on with the update?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried changing the batteries?
Yes the batteries have been replaced a couple times but it makes no difference. I have to hit the channel up / down button 4 - 8 times before the TV responds. I end up just punching in the number rather than using the up / down button. If no one else is seeing this issue maybe the channel button is bad on my remote?

6881 - 6900 of 8158 Posts