AVS Forum banner

7861 - 7880 of 8163 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,821 Posts
Any idea why I just get a spinning circle under the Netflix N when trying to use the app?

App. trying to connect, but can't or it's stuck? Do other streaming apps work?

App. might be jacked up. I'd clear the cache for the app. and force stop it, then restart. See what happens. I'm not sure if you can uninstall the app.? I don't see why not, but I believe it is a Sony included app., so maybe the TV wont allow for it, but that'd be my next stop - uninstall, reinstall. Last, reset the TV to factory defaults, knowing this will change all of your settings, but that might fix too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well, my 65" died completely. Called Sony they are scheduling a tech visit, but could be weeks away being a rural area they gave no indication how soon. Thanks, Sony just before Superbowl.
This was my first TV ever to go out completely and lasted only 18 months of service. I'm seriously thinking of getting the 65" C8 oled and keeping this as a monitor. We have several Karls in area closest is 72 miles I'll be calling today. They have the same price as Bestbuy and several others on the 65" OLED65C8PUA.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Well, my 65" died completely. Called Sony they are scheduling a tech visit, but could be weeks away being a rural area they gave no indication how soon. Thanks, Sony just before Superbowl.

This was my first TV ever to go out completely and lasted only 18 months of service. I'm seriously thinking of getting the 65" C8 oled and keeping this as a monitor. We have several Karls in area closest is 72 miles I'll be calling today. They have the same price as Bestbuy and several others on the 65" OLED65C8PUA.

I feel your pain I had a Samsung go out game seven NBA finals and last year Super Bowl cable went out and began the mad scramble to find my antenna and lock on to a signal.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts

If it's the power issue they'll fix it for free

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Update on my broke 65" 930D. Sony tech called and wanted to schedule a service visit Tuesday and I mentioned being SB is on Sunday any chance of Saturday visit? She spoke with her boss and decided they would come up Saturday, 2 hr. 45 min. drive one way, with the replacement power board.
If it's not the board however it may be another 2 weeks before they can come and asked if I wanted to risk it because there was no weekend support. I guess she means nobody to consult with on a Saturday if the board isn't the issue.

I said sure being it's a common problem. Well, she said there have been other issues on the same 930D model. Don't quote me but I think she said a leaking capacitor on one unit shocked her and the owner. I assured her the TV didn't shock me since it has been moved around since it died.

Anyway called and canceled the LG C8 for now.
I report back how the service call goes.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
UPDATE: Rang Sony up and they sent a technician who knew exactly what the issue was and they installed a brand new circuit board and in 15 short minutes my 65X9300D was back up and running again. Sony acted very quickly with fixing the power problem. I am very happy with their quick service in this regard. Thank goodness for Sony covering this known issue with an extended warranty. Hopefully my TV will be problem free for years to come until i decide to upgrade to an 8K HDMI 2.1 set down the track.
15 minutes? Wow, very impressive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My 930D power board got relaced. No charge thanks Sony.
Took about 1.5 hours total. Contractor service with lots of paperwork and pictures taken etc. Inspection of TV for any previous damage and plug voltage check took about 15 minutes. Even paperwork for moving unit to position to remove back panel took paperwork. :rolleyes:
Anyway, happy camper TV looks as good as ever being edge lite can't ask for a better picture. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
15 minutes? Wow, very impressive.

Yep, he knew what the problem was and arrived with a brand new power circuit board after Sony instructed the technician to bring one and immediately took the old circuit board out and installed a brand new one and the TV was fixed. I had power to my TV again, and from him entering my house, to him leaving again, with my TV back in place working again, was around 15 minutes. I was very impressed. There was no messing around. He told me that he has fixed quite a few 930D's over the last few years with the very same problem, so knew exactly what the problem was.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The input lag on this TV is forcing it out of my man cave where I do all of my gaming and into the living room where it’ll be used for casual watching.

Other than the input lag it has has held up pretty well for the past few years (*knock on wood*). Now it’s time to begin process of figuring out what to replace it with...

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
The input lag on this TV is forcing it out of my man cave where I do all of my gaming and into the living room where it’ll be used for casual watching.

Other than the input lag it has has held up pretty well for the past few years (*knock on wood*). Now it’s time to begin process of figuring out what to replace it with...
If you like 3D I recommend trying to find an LG C6. Otherwise one of their newer models if you can afford it. All of those LG OLEDs have pretty great input lag. Although I'd caution against it if you play games with bright static HUDs for hundreds of hours.

Otherwise, maybe take a look at this page, especially the list at the bottom:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/hdr-gaming

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you like 3D I recommend trying to find an LG C6. Otherwise one of their newer models if you can afford it. All of those LG OLEDs have pretty great input lag. Although I'd caution against it if you play games with bright static HUDs for hundreds of hours.

After a day of research yesterday I’ve actually decided to go with an LG C8 while they’re heavily on sale as the C9’s come in. I will probably end up ordering one later today...

·
Registered
261 Posts
After a day of research yesterday I’ve actually decided to go with an LG C8 while they’re heavily on sale as the C9’s come in. I will probably end up ordering one later today...
I was going to get one also until I started reading complaints about C-8 motion handling by owners with sports even. I'm a little nervous about it. Rtings isn't complete on review. Even gave higher numbers than the Sony Oled on sports and that's bogus. Everywhere else the Sony handles motion better. I just don't want to drop 3k on a TV and not have it near perfect. Motion handling is a big issue for me. Good luck and report back your thoughts if you went through with the purchase.

Here is a little on pro review this forum. Quote" I found that the motion handling with TruMotion off was generally acceptable with 50p content, although scrolling credits did reveal some judder. The C8 was better with 24p content and you should definitely leave TruMotion off when watching movies and TV dramas.

You can eliminate judder on non-movie content using the Smooth setting but that introduces soap opera effect (SOE), so again it's best avoided for TV dramas. However it could be very effective with sports like football, although I generally found the best approach was to use the User setting and adjust De-blur and De-judder to personal taste for sports.

Source: https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-oled65c8pla-review.14523

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
I was going to get one also until I started reading complaints about C-8 motion handling by owners with sports even. I'm a little nervous about it. Rtings isn't complete on review. Even gave higher numbers than the Sony Oled on sports and that's bogus. Everywhere else the Sony handles motion better. I just don't want to drop 3k on a TV and not have it near perfect. Motion handling is a big issue for me. Good luck and report back your thoughts if you went through with the purchase.

Here is a little on pro review this forum. Quote" I found that the motion handling with TruMotion off was generally acceptable with 50p content, although scrolling credits did reveal some judder. The C8 was better with 24p content and you should definitely leave TruMotion off when watching movies and TV dramas.

You can eliminate judder on non-movie content using the Smooth setting but that introduces soap opera effect (SOE), so again it's best avoided for TV dramas. However it could be very effective with sports like football, although I generally found the best approach was to use the User setting and adjust De-blur and De-judder to personal taste for sports.

Source: https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-oled65c8pla-review.14523
In my experience, what people are seeing as judder is actually just instantaneous frame refreshing, which they may not be so familiar with if they're coming from LCD. I am fairly certain the frame pacing is correct for 24p content, even on my C6. I hate motion smoothing of all kinds and keep that crap off.

·
Registered
261 Posts
In my experience, what people are seeing as judder is actually just instantaneous frame refreshing, which they may not be so familiar with if they're coming from LCD. I am fairly certain the frame pacing is correct for 24p content, even on my C6. I hate motion smoothing of all kinds and keep that crap off.

For myself, I want a trouble free TV that you don't need adjusting anything. If this means sticking with LED's so be it.
There are some serious complaints about the LG C-8 and sports motion in their Oled thread. The Sony Oled's are better with sports no complaints but the top end OLED A9F doesn't come cheap. 4.5k and I no great price breaks yet. A8F is a step-down brightness but more affordable.

·
Registered
388 Posts

If he likes 3D, he shouldn't settle for anything other than a 75" Z9D.

Also the input lag on the x930D is better at 1080p @ 120hz. Try that.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
If he likes 3D, he shouldn't settle for anything other than a 75" Z9D.

Also the input lag on the x930D is better at 1080p @ 120hz. Try that.
My C6 is easily the best 3D I've seen anywhere. With perfect blacks as well as a bright picture even through the glasses, it looks great. Z9D I'm guessing will still have some crosstalk, even if it's less than the 930d. My C6 has no crosstalk unless you're significantly above or below the screen. So I think with perfect black levels and no crosstalk, the C6 edges out as the better 3D TV, but the Z9D is certainly the much better HDR TV.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm having an issue with 4K UHD on Amazon Prime with the 930d. The image is downright awful, #1 its really dark and lacking color. Netflix isn't nearly as bad but not great either. Other 4K content looks good while streaming as long as it's not UHD. The only way to watch Prime UHD is to change input off HDCP 2.2 forcing 1080p. Any thoughts what's going on here?

7861 - 7880 of 8163 Posts