AVS Forum banner

6501 - 6520 of 10323 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's only HDR10.

Edit: DV support exists, but is currently not implemented.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
This is correct. Have no idea why I was saying the PS4 supported DV. My damn consoles are why I bought a new TV that supported both types of HDR.......

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Anyone has used USB to play files? Is it possible?

just ordered one (M65-d0) and i want to play some demo files from a USB stick.

How can i test the tv to be sure everything is ok?

How can i see when HDR is enabled/active?

Thanks.
1. You can plug in a USB drive with videos on it, but you won't have control over playback or be able to select which video will play.
HDR10 videos are still not supported (HDR10 is HDMI only right now), DV videos *should* work, but I haven't tested it.

2. You can open different test patterns on the screen using the tablet (or any iOS or Android device you pair with the display)

3. In the Vizio app on the tablet, under System --> System Info --> Display information (or something like that) it should say HDR YES.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HDMI 1 is the only 2.0 port, so your PS4 pro and your One S both need that one to display properly.
Well that blows. So I can only have one HDR10 4K device hooked up to my TV at a time, if I want to avoid the static and turn the TV on and off to remove the static.

Well, the PS Pro does 4K gaming, and HDR. The Xbox One doesn't do 4K gaming, but does HDR for gaming, and does 4K Blu-rays. I assume when I get Scorpio I will have to keep moving the cables back and forth then as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HDMI 1 is the only 2.0 port, so your PS4 pro and your One S both need that one to display properly.
You're not alone. This is a known issue that Sony appears to be ignoring anytime its brought up. It's just like the issues that were just resolved by Microsoft. It also happens on many different TVs and not just Vizios.
So are you saying it's not because my PS Pro is NOT in HDMI 1?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well that blows. So I can only have one HDR10 4K device hooked up to my TV at a time, if I want to avoid the static and turn the TV on and off to remove the static.

Well, the PS Pro does 4K gaming, and HDR. The Xbox One doesn't do 4K gaming, but does HDR for gaming, and does 4K Blu-rays. I assume when I get Scorpio I will have to keep moving the cables back and forth then as well.
That or invest in an AVR or an HDMI switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi everyone, maybe you could help me with a simple cuestion, its a good idea buy a vizio m65-d1 refurbished for 1299 cad? thanks for your time

·
Registered
337 Posts
1. You can plug in a USB drive with videos on it, but you won't have control over playback or be able to select which video will play.
HDR10 videos are still not supported (HDR10 is HDMI only right now), DV videos *should* work, but I haven't tested it.

2. You can open different test patterns on the screen using the tablet (or any iOS or Android device you pair with the display)

3. In the Vizio app on the tablet, under System --> System Info --> Display information (or something like that) it should say HDR YES.
thanks. i guess youtube videos don't work in hdr. netflix does. waiting for a high speed cable to test with my pic.

few problems:

1: a band on the right side of the screen where the screen is a bit more grey. corners seems to be a bit darker too.

2: fald really sucks on this model or it's just my set? image quality is amazing but when it switches the type of image (dark to light or light to dark) i can see for a fraction of a second the transition.

3: still fald related: on netflix i noticed that the zones that have subtitles on will get a bit lit when the subs are displayed (my english sucks so i need subtitles :D).

are those 3 problems normal?

amazing that my old ST60 still have a better image quality but it's a bit smaller and ... that's what she said ...

split between upgrading to m65-d0 and keeping the 55 st60.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So are you saying it's not because my PS Pro is NOT in HDMI 1?

Correct. I've tried different ports myself just to see and still had the issue. With or without HDR enabled. HDR enabled causes the snow screen and non HDR enabled causes the blackouts. It's the PS4 and not 100% specifically this tv or the port.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only HDMI 1 supports 4k HDR. The rest will be limited to 1080p w/HDR. It's a limitation of the HDMI 1.4 standard. I use a Onkyo tx-nr656 receiver going to HDMI 1 and have no issues with the ps pro as long as I have the upscaling feature turned off. Quality HDMI cables are critical as well, as not all cables can support the high bandwidth required for 2/4k HDR. I had some display issues resolved with new monoprice cables that meet the 2.0 standard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only HDMI 1 supports 4k HDR. The rest will be limited to 1080p w/HDR. It's a limitation of the HDMI 1.4 standard. I use a Onkyo tx-nr656 receiver going to HDMI 1 and have no issues with the ps pro as long as I have the upscaling feature turned off. Quality HDMI cables are critical as well, as not all cables can support the high bandwidth required for 2/4k HDR. I had some display issues resolved with new monoprice cables that meet the 2.0 standard.
See I've seen people mention cables multiple times. But I've tried 3 different cables. The one that came with the M50, the one that came with the PS4 Pro and the one that came with the Xbox one. No way they're all incapable especially considering 2 of them come with devices made for 4k.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Try rebooting your WIFI router.
+1.

Mine was doing the same thing with "Network Connection Lost" and it's been working flawlessly since rebooting my router.

·
Registered
124 Posts
See I've seen people mention cables multiple times. But I've tried 3 different cables. The one that came with the M50, the one that came with the PS4 Pro and the one that came with the Xbox one. No way they're all incapable especially considering 2 of them come with devices made for 4k.
Nope the cables are not 4k HDR certified for HDMI 2.0. They can do 4k but add in HDR and you get problems.

You can get a monoprice certified cable for $4 that is HDMI 2.0 certified

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nope the cables are not 4k HDR certified for HDMI 2.0. They can do 4k but add in HDR and you get problems.

You can get a monoprice certified cable for $4 that is HDMI 2.0 certified

Yep, just got one from them today and there was certainly a difference. I had been using the one that came with the tv. I know it was suppose to be good for hdr but either it was bad to begin with or isnt capable of hdr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
So how are people watching/streaming Amazon Video HDR Content when the HDMI Port # 1 is used by my Xbox One S? XB1S doesn't have a HDR Amazon app yet that I'm aware of. And Amazon doesn't smart cast so how is everyone getting it and still using your XB1S? I go straight to the TV with my devices, no AV in between. Looking for options without pluging & unplugging each time or buying a switcher. Surely there are other apps or ways to make this happen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try rebooting your WIFI router.
I have this problem and rebooting/resetting the WIFI router has not solved it. I don't think it's a network problem as I can switch to the Xbox and it picks up the Wifi no problem as will all my other devices. I wasn't casting much when I first bought the set so I can't return mine and it's something I can live with. However I would have returned my set if I had been more aware of it early.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Subsampling is the only way to activate HDR. without it the Xbox will not push through an HDR signal
Playing ME Andromeda on my PC the tablet reported HDR without subsampling. Actually with subsampling activated the PC would crash ... (will test again with a 2.0 certified cable - hopefully it's a good enough cable)

Bu even though i had my desktop set to RGB-full when starting the game when exiting to desktop my settings in NV Panel would be changed to 4:2:0 i think.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With Project Scorpio specs announced, I'm probably going to be buying the next Xbox. Something that's bothering me though: my current setup has a Vizio soundbar plugged into HDMI 1 (ARC). From reading around here, it sounds like HDMI 1 is also the only port that allows 4K w/ HDR. So, if I wanted that, I'd have to forgo the use of the soundbar with the HDMI 1 port.

What am I supposed to do? I like being able to use the TV remote to change volume and the fact that the soundbar turns on/off with the TV.

6501 - 6520 of 10323 Posts