AVS Forum banner

6761 - 6780 of 10315 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
What cable / how long?
Amazon Basics 18gbps 6ft cable which I'm using now that I replaced my original 6ft GE 18gbps cable that was having the same problems and figured I'd give a different brand a try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
M50, M55, P50 are all 60Hz panels. If you enable Clear Action, it becomes a 120Hz "effective". Thus you don't get Dejudder on these models.
The larger sizes are 120Hz panels and are 240Hz "effective".

Yes, 3.0.14.0 is the latest non-beta firmware.
How do we get the latest?

Stuck on .14

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What cable / how long?
Amazon Basics 18gbps 6ft cable which I'm using now that I replaced my original 6ft GE 18gbps cable that was having the same problems and figured I'd give a different brand a try.
There is the Monoprice Premium Certified that's only like $6, nothing personal, but Amazon basics are overrated but get a lot of hype... Then again, just about every cable that claims 18gbps rarely actually meet that. There are some of here on their second 4k TV and went through many cables before we found one that worked, but that's also running the full 18gbps [email protected] and 4:4:4 Chroma.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is the Monoprice Premium Certified that's only like $6, nothing personal, but Amazon basics are overrated but get a lot of hype... Then again, just about every cable that claims 18gbps rarely actually meet that. There are some of here on their second 4k TV and went through many cables before we found one that worked, but that's also running the full 18gbps [email protected] and 4:4:4 Chroma.
I mean obviously I'm on here because I don't have an answer I just find it hard to believe that the hdmi cable is causing this especially when I'm seeing people with monoprice cables and monster ones that still have the similar issues after specific firmware.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I mean obviously I'm on here because I don't have an answer I just find it hard to believe that the hdmi cable is causing this especially when I'm seeing people with monoprice cables and monster ones that still have the similar issues after specific firmware.
But I'm willing to give the monoprice a try at that cost.

·
Registered
11 Posts
But I'm willing to give the monoprice a try at that cost.
Just throwing it out there but I just got a monoprice cable upon recommendation from this thread and it made no difference. This was after trying 3 other cables all of which still had the same issue.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
How do we get the latest?

Stuck on .14
3.0.14.0 is the latest official release. 3.2.8.3 is beta. This is not a guarantee, but in order to get on the beta program, you need to submit your serial number via Private Message to Matt McRae. Matt is a Vizio employee, and an awesome resource for all things Vizio.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just throwing it out there but I just got a monoprice cable upon recommendation from this thread and it made no difference. This was after trying 3 other cables all of which still had the same issue.
That's what I've been hearing as well from others.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago and it was $7.80 with the shipping cost and it got to me in 2 days(standard shipping). I don't think you can find a certified cable anywhere for that price.

Sent from my XR6M10 using Tapatalk
Did it make a difference? What problems were you having?

·
Registered
31 Posts
3.0.14.0 is the latest official release. 3.2.8.3 is beta. This is not a guarantee, but in order to get on the beta program, you need to submit your serial number via Private Message to Matt McRae. Matt is a Vizio employee, and an awesome resource for all things Vizio.
You have to have 15 posts to be able to private message correct?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone have a 5 digit universal remote code that works fully with charter/spectrum? I am on the latest beta and the menu button pulls up the new integrated menu, but the dpad does not work and I can't switch inputs. May have to find the old Harmony.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wasn't having any particular problems, I did feel like something was missing and wanted a cable that I knew was certified. The cable I had must have not been sending the signal through correctly because it did make a difference in pq the image was sharper and the colors in general had more pop to them. Or the cable I had was just not good enough. Good luck with getting a solution to your problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wasn't having any particular problems, I did feel like something was missing and wanted a cable that I knew was certified. The cable I had must have not been sending the signal through correctly because it did make a difference in pq the image was sharper and the colors in general had more pop to them. Or the cable I had was just not good enough. Good luck with getting a solution to your problem.

Thanks. I hope so too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
What specific issues were you having ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It did solve the problem for some people, but you could have a bad HDMI port too... Have you tried other ports with your Roku? Unless you know you have 60Hz content to watch almost all streaming content is 24Hz anyway and doesn't need 60Hz to play right.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've been a lurker to these boards for sometime now and I've been having issues with my Vizio M50-D1 and it has on and off issues with HDCP errors with my Roku Premiere Plus and at times just goes blank and reappears back where it left off. It seems to have happened after firmware updates to both the Roku and the Vizio TV. I'm currently on 3.0.14.0 on my Vizio and after reading it seems that it may be beneficial to be on the beta firmware. Thanks for any help you can give.
Secret menu trick on the Roku to change to 4:2:0 worked for me made my connection more stable. I have all mono cables and outside of the occasional hdcp error I'm 98% satisfied with my P+

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone know if Dolby Vision takes control of the backlight in the same way HDR10 does?

For HDR10 content if I leave backlight at 50, I can see it bump up to max brightness as soon as it starts playing. Just wandering if Dolby Vision does the same or if I should max the backlight out manually.

*Edit*

After posting this. I tried moving the backlight up and down while Dolby Vision content was playing and it did seem to get a bit brighter when I moved up the slider. However, the image also seem to have less contrast and lose detail in some areas.

Dont know which one is "correct." There is a ton of conflicting information about HDR and backlight settings all over the internet. Some sources say that the meta data takes control of it and to just leave it alone. Others say that you have to manually bump it up. It's very confusing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Has anyone else had significant issues with picture quality after the recent beta firmware, especially with the calibrated settings?

I did an update with no issues, and then did a factory reset to fix some connectivity problems. Since then the picture has much more faded, washed out look and lacks the blacks and details. I put on a blu ray, Patriots Day, for example and tried to set up my own picture settings again after the reset. I selected calibrated as a baseline and noticed the picture was very washed out. Blacks and absent, there is little detail, and the image looks faded. People have a blotchy, almost plastic look in some instances.

I switched to calibrated dark, and it's more of the same. The other presets seem to look ok, but I can't really tell if there's an issue since I hardly ever used them.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Could the beta firmware be sent to me again to give it another try, or should I try something else? I tried factory reset a few times and the results were the same. I tried to cast some material, even UHD quality and thrbimage has the same washed out, faded appearance. Thanks!

6761 - 6780 of 10315 Posts