AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 10317 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good to know. I did mine last night. Followed the wifi instructions here: https://support.vizio.com/s/article/Firmware-Information-244 Basically this is the one that should at some point automatically download but follow the instructions for the manual download.

This link states firmware for M70 & M80 and the update went fine; took about 15 minutes to complete. Havent tested any HDR stuff yet.
Awesome thanks for the link. So this is the one intended for the M70-D3?

·
Registered
43 Posts
M65-d0

Here's an interesting feature of the M65 I discovered. My son has a remote control train that he plays with in the living room. Turns out, pressing the power button on the Vizio remote control sounds both the horn and the chug-chug sound on the train simultaneously. Freaked me the heck out until I figured out what was going on!

·
Registered
242 Posts
The frustrating thing for me isn't that there's just one port that can support some modicum of HDR, but the fact that port is an ARC one is shortsided as hell. I currently have a PS4, Wii U, DirecTV box, and an Xbox One that all get audio via ARC on the Vizio 5.1 Soundbar.

So to put HDMI 1 on the Xbox One S means none of my other devices have solid sound. I have an optical cable running to my M70-D3, but that'd only cover one of four devices...

Hoping someone can help with a solution, as of now, I'm wishing I went with the P65 over this M70.
At this point I would say you have two viable solutions. Either move away from the M and go to the P or move away from the soundbar and maybe use a decent 4k receiver and speakers so that you can get ARC but still connect everything to that 1 port.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Buying direct from Vizio

Placed the order w/ Vizio Monday for the M70. Am told it'll deliver in 7-11 biz days. Haven't received an email yet that it's shipped.

Has anyone here done this, ordered direct? I'm guessing it comes UPS?

What would owners recommend I look for right out of the box to make sure it's `OK'?

I ordered from Vizio in part believing if I got a bad unit they might be easier to deal with, does anybody have any experience with that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
At this point I would say you have two viable solutions. Either move away from the M and go to the P or move away from the soundbar and maybe use a decent 4k receiver and speakers so that you can get ARC but still connect everything to that 1 port.
Actually a third option is available and one I'm using right now. Turns out plugging the Optical cable directly from my TV to my soundbar is getting me Dolby Digital across my devices.

One thing I also noticed is that UHD disks played on the Xbox One S are glitchy as hell on this television. Testing on both Superman vs Batman and The Revenant, I get skipping and frozen screens pretty frequently. Guessing it's a software issue that I'm sure Vizio can replicate and fix for an update in the future. But when it works, HDR on physical disk is something else. Simply stunning when working.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
It will be carried by Manna Freight Systems, not UPS, even though your order page might say UPS.

Just don't sign the release slip until you have taken it out of the box and powered it on and confirmed it is in working order.

Placed the order w/ Vizio Monday for the M70. Am told it'll deliver in 7-11 biz days. Haven't received an email yet that it's shipped.

Has anyone here done this, ordered direct? I'm guessing it comes UPS?

What would owners recommend I look for right out of the box to make sure it's `OK'?

I ordered from Vizio in part believing if I got a bad unit they might be easier to deal with, does anybody have any experience with that?

·
Registered
387 Posts
It will be carried by Manna Freight Systems, not UPS, even though your order page might say UPS.

Just don't sign the release slip until you have taken it out of the box and powered it on and confirmed it is in working order.
This is optimal, of course, providing it's practical. Will they willingly wait while I do this, or am I going to have to be insistent?

·
Registered
135 Posts
One thing I also noticed is that UHD disks played on the Xbox One S are glitchy as hell on this television. Testing on both Superman vs Batman and The Revenant, I get skipping and frozen screens pretty frequently. Guessing it's a software issue that I'm sure Vizio can replicate and fix for an update in the future. But when it works, HDR on physical disk is something else. Simply stunning when working.
That's unfortunate about playback. Have you been able to see any Dolby Vision content? I'm curious how the HDR10 on 4K UHD blu-rays look in comparison.

Also, I'm not getting a Xbox One S just yet (hopefully soon), but you're making me want to start the upgrade on select few discs... mainly just "The Revenant" at this point from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #710
You will most likely have to be insistent. I had to be. But in clear language and bold letters right next to the signature line, it said NOT to sign until it had been taken out and powered on.

Even still, the delivery guys shuffled their feet and sighed a lot.

This is optimal, of course, providing it's practical. Will they willingly wait while I do this, or am I going to have to be insistent?

·
Registered
387 Posts
You will most likely have to be insistent. I had to be. But in clear language and bold letters right next to the signature line, it said NOT to sign until it had been taken out and powered on.

Even still, the delivery guys shuffled their feet and sighed a lot.
Excellent. Great advice, thanks. I'll have a cold beverage and snacks on hand to ease their pain.

I'm assuming I get a delivery window?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Received email from tech support. The firmware release for
the M70-D3 will be different than the one just released. If you have already installed that update at the link for the P series and the M65 you shouldn't have. You jumped the gun and it could cause you problems from my understanding.

Glad I didn't install it! Something must be somewhat different with this panel. Said a specific firmware will be released for the M70-D3 soon.
I'm not sure what Vizio means. They released a version of 2.0.13.13 exclusively for the M70-D3 and M80-D3 a few days ago on their website, and I've installed it via a thumb drive. Since I got the M70-D3, and then immediately installed 2.0.13.13, I can't compare the previous firmware with the new one. But, other than the Optical output not passing through surround sound data, I don't see any significant problems.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Yes - they called me the day before and set up a 2 hour window, and let me know they'd call me 30 minutes before they arrived. They ended up calling me hours early to see if they could come sooner.

Excellent. Great advice, thanks. I'll have a cold beverage and snacks on hand to ease their pain.

I'm assuming I get a delivery window?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not sure what Vizio means. They released a version of 2.0.13.13 exclusively for the M70-D3 and M80-D3 a few days ago on their website, and I've installed it via a thumb drive. Since I got the M70-D3, and then immediately installed 2.0.13.13, I can't compare the previous firmware with the new one. But, other than the Optical output not passing through surround sound data, I don't see any significant problems.
I think what the confusion was people installing the update intended for the P series. Some may have thinking the p and the m being so close they installed the first released firmware for the P series on their M series. You are correct the newest you installed is the correct one for the M70-D3. No worries.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think what the confusion was people installing the update intended for the P series. Some may have thinking the p and the m being so close they installed the first released firmware for the P series on their M series. You are correct the newest you installed is the correct one for the M70-D3. No worries.
If you jumped the gun and installed to P series update. Won't the M series update come out automatically and then everything will be good. I don't understand why everyone is getting their shorts in a knot. Just kick back and let the set do it's thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Actually a third option is available and one I'm using right now. Turns out plugging the Optical cable directly from my TV to my soundbar is getting me Dolby Digital across my devices.

Using Xbox One S, my experience (using optical out from TV to receiver) was total sound drop, like it lost the handshake. When going out to Xbox menu, sound popped back on, then I could continue to play ...until it dropped again 10 minutes later.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Does anyone have a Universal Remote strategy? I can get power options pretty easy, but I'm not sure how to get direct inputs (HDM1 or HDMI 5 for example) when the parent remote doesn't use IR. The cheap secondary IR remote doesn't use direct inputs, just a toggle button.

The $1000 solution is to upgrade the Denon receiver to allow pass-through so I can use a single HDMI port, but I'd like to avoid that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good Morning!

Not an owner yet but hopefully soon.

For those Canadians monitoring this forum and awaiting the M65-D0 product to arrive at Costco on-line here in Canada, I just spoke with Costco Canada. The agent I talked to couldn't find it in his computer system so he offered to speak with the on-line buying team who told him that this model should be available on Costco on-line by the end of August or early September . He couldn't comment about availability in their warehouses because he had spoken with the on-line buying team.

FYI

Have a great day!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Screw it. Talked myself out of the M series now. Order cancelled, and I'm going with the P65 instead of the M65. it's going to hurt the pocketbook a bit more right now, but long term, I know I'm going to be happier with this.

701 - 720 of 10317 Posts