AVS Forum banner

761 - 780 of 10315 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
So today i planned on walking into my local BB and picking up a new m65-D0.... got there and both the M and the P that they had on display were turned off. I asked if they had any stock for the m65, the guy takes a look and says that the store i was at did not have any available. He said another store about 20 miles away had only 3 left. BUT the strange thing he noticed is that it was identified as something along the lines of "deleted stock". I asked more about this and he said that this usually happens when the model is being removed from inventory. Based on those settings, he couldn't order one and there was no future delivery on schedule for more inventory. There were no other M's in stock at other BB's within a reasonable driving distance (other than the above 3). I asked about the P series and he said that there were none in stock within the area but it had looked like they WAS NOT marked the same "deleted inventory" as the M was.

So something strange is going on here... I know to take them with a grain of salt, but i also saw the same indication on his screen of "deleted stock". I'm wondering if they are holding all units in favor of an update to the hardware or something??? IDK. He proceeded to explain that he thought vizio missed the ball with removing the tuner. stated that he had not sold many, and that his take on the "deleted stock" status was they were most likely going to be discontinued. then immediately proceeded to try and sell me on an LG 65UH7700.

Not to raise any flags, because it's BB after all, but something is up. I'm a little hesitant to go somewhere else (costco) and get one now... anyone else hearing anything related? Again this was specifically the M65-D0, didnt really research other models. In hindsight i should have checked a few other sizes for the status.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So today i planned on walking into my local BB and picking up a new m65-D0.... got there and both the M and the P that they had on display were turned off. I asked if they had any stock for the m65, the guy takes a look and says that the store i was at did not have any available. He said another store about 20 miles away had only 3 left. BUT the strange thing he noticed is that it was identified as something along the lines of "deleted stock". I asked more about this and he said that this usually happens when the model is being removed from inventory. Based on those settings, he couldn't order one and there was no future delivery on schedule for more inventory. There were no other M's in stock at other BB's within a reasonable driving distance (other than the above 3). I asked about the P series and he said that there were none in stock within the area but it had looked like they WAS NOT marked the same "deleted inventory" as the M was.

So something strange is going on here... I know to take them with a grain of salt, but i also saw the same indication on his screen of "deleted stock". I'm wondering if they are holding all units in favor of an update to the hardware or something??? IDK. He proceeded to explain that he thought vizio missed the ball with removing the tuner. stated that he had not sold many, and that his take on the "deleted stock" status was they were most likely going to be discontinued. then immediately proceeded to try and sell me on an LG 65UH7700.

Not to raise any flags, because it's BB after all, but something is up. I'm a little hesitant to go somewhere else (costco) and get one now... anyone else hearing anything related? Again this was specifically the M65-D0, didnt really research other models. In hindsight i should have checked a few other sizes for the status.
Best Buy also told me the Vizio M & P serious were edge lit and I should consider the new Sony X850D because it uses FALD. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try that and see if that works for you.
I am the one that was reporting white snow and static every 10 or so minutes on Xbox One S on HDMI 1 with HDR. I am trying your suggestion now and we'll see what happens. I'd be very happy to see this issue resolved without a return to the store.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very weird. I tried that and with unplugging the power (from both the outlet and the TV), holding the power button (letting go both before plugging it back in and after plugging it back in), I could not get the menu to appear on my M65-D0.

However, the menu did come up when I simply powered the TV on as normal and then held the power button. Not sure if all my plugging/unplugging changed anything.

I've now had my Xbox One S playing through HDMI 1 with HDR on in the menu settings for about 25 minutes with no blackouts (before I couldn't go more than 10 minutes without a blackout). So far it seems simply having that menu come up does something.

Thank you very much for the help! Kudos!
Hey KingKing,

Can you playback HDR enabled content from the Xbox One S with HDR toggled both on and off and report back? Since there's so much back and forth on if the M Series is a "true" HDR display, I'd love to hear your feedback on comparing a film playing back with HDR enabled and this disabled.

i.e. Try playing back the HDR version of Mad Max from your Xbox One from HDMI 1 (HDR enabled) and then switch the Xbox to HDMI 2 (HDR disabled).

Do you notice a big difference in dynamic range? Do colors pop more? More contrast?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, for the life of me, I can't get HDR content to work correctly with the Xbox One S and this TV. I'm using HDMI1, I have subsampling enabled, I have the latest firmware, and I have 4K and HDR enabled on the Xbox One S. When I use anything HDR enabled, I can tell the Xbox is sending a new signal, but the TV isn't picking it up as HDR (i.e., in System Information it shows HDR as "No"). All of the colors are washed out and the screen is dim.

Any thoughts on this? I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Best Buy also told me the Vizio M & P serious were edge lit and I should consider the new Sony X850D because it uses FALD. :)

Would be good to hear from Matt McRae on whether the P and M are being replaced with different models this fall. The rest? Seems like a very buggy launch for Vizio, problems with the M series especially. But Best Buy also seems to be selling out the Vizios anyway, and trying to switch customers who come into the store to more expensive and in-stock brands for same-day purchases. Don't know if it's illegal, but it's shady.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone know how to find content on your home PC media server? My Samsung was able to do this. I know I can via my PC but was hoping for something built into the TV itself and have yet to find the functionality.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Would be good to hear from Matt McRae on whether the P and M are being replaced with different models this fall. The rest? Seems like a very buggy launch for Vizio, problems with the M series especially. But Best Buy also seems to be selling out the Vizios anyway, and trying to switch customers who come into the store to more expensive and in-stock brands for same-day purchases. Don't know if it's illegal, but it's shady.
He already posted that that is nonsense. Worst Buy employees just trying to sell you a Samsung/LG for commission points.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2378658-official-vizio-2016-p-series-owners-thread-uhd-hdr-dv-no-price-talk-please-626.html#post45816833

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new m65 owner and I love the TV overall. But I have a slight buzzing noise coming from the back of the tv, it seems to get louder if I maximize websites that contain a mostly white background.

Does anyone else have this?

It's really only noticeable when I'm browsing, have the volume muted or during really quiet scenes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a new m65 owner and I love the TV overall. But I have a slight buzzing noise coming from the back of the tv, it seems to get louder if I maximize websites that contain a mostly white background.

Does anyone else have this?

It's really only noticeable when I'm browsing, have the volume muted or during really quiet scenes.
I had that exact problem. They had to come and replace my power supply or something inside the tv, all good now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the USB video player support any 4k file formats? I'm testing with a clip like this - http://4ksamples.com/skyfall-4k-uhd-trailer/
M70-C3
I think I found the answer to my own question. The 4k videos on USB need to be encoded with H.265 instead of H.264. I converted a clip with HandBrake and it worked, although I'm not sure if the quality is there or not.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think I found the answer to my own question. The 4k videos on USB need to be encoded with H.265 instead of H.264. I converted a clip with HandBrake and it worked, although I'm not sure if the quality is there or not.
Did you use a USB stick or USB external drive? I want to test an HDR10 file that looks amazing in my main room Sammy SUHD set.

Sent from my HTC 10

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just to find out. Try a couple of the other Vizio ports? Also, I think CEC has to be on for ARC to work on port 1? And if you manually change the port with the tablet, not the Logitech, does it work? Experiments are fun for US, ha.
I turned off CEC on port 1 and it resolved the issue. Haven't played with casting yet, but I'll just run an optical cable from my TV to receiver to solve the sound problem.

·
Registered
265 Posts
He already posted that that is nonsense. Worst Buy employees just trying to sell you a Samsung/LG for commission points.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2378658-official-vizio-2016-p-series-owners-thread-uhd-hdr-dv-no-price-talk-please-626.html#post45816833
In my area BB's the Vizio's are hid in a corner with 1 or 2 models and never mentioned that they even exist as they try and sell you sony or sammy and as a last resort Life's Good.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have completely embraced casting-enabled apps for the M-series. Casting works amazingly well once you get used to it. I haven't experienced any of the Wi-Fi issues with the tablet as some others stated early on. Some apps seem to detect more casting Wi-Fi devices than others, since I do have Android and Roku players connected to other HDTV's in my home. It should be noted that many apps are not available yet as casting-enabled, so a streaming media player should be used for those apps. Amazon Fire, Roku 4, and several Android media players support 4K, but I'm holding out for a HDR10 and Dolby Vision supported player in the Nexbox A1 http://www.tvboxnews.com/amlogic-s912-cpu-will-be-available-in-one-month/. I've also tested many apps and compiled a list of those apps I am currently using. See the attached list for details, which includes links to the applicable appstores.

Attachments

Reactions: johnjn and Chuck666

·
Registered
43 Posts

I picked up the M65-D0 from Costco a few weeks ago and have had no problems with it. Right now, Costco is offering a $200 price reduction to the M65 which brings it down to $1249. They also will deliver for free and will accept returns for any reason (or for no reason).

So why the hesitancy?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I picked up the M65-D0 from Costco a few weeks ago and have had no problems with it. Right now, Costco is offering a $200 price reduction to the M65 which brings it down to $1249. They also will deliver for free and will accept returns for any reason (or for no reason).

So why the hesitancy?
I got my M65 on Tuesday for the same price. I don't understand why some are reluctant to purchase this set. It has exceeded all of my expectations and worked flawlessly so far. The 4K videos on YouTube are amazing and I've watched a few Dolby Vision movies on Netflix, which take your breath away with the clarity and color of the picture. I also don't get why some have criticized the brightness of this set. Mine is in a family room with 9 windows. I set it to VIVID during the day and CALIBRATED DARK at night. If it were any brighter I would get a headache, especially when background scenes are very bright.

Reactions: vibro and yanks1
761 - 780 of 10315 Posts