AVS Forum banner

10221 - 10240 of 10315 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Has anyone had something like this happen to them? If so, it there a fix for it? I'm casting a solid white screen so it stands or better, but it's noticeable regardless. It appears to me a few of the dimming zones got stuck somehow.

I first noticed it last night but it went away when I changed inputs and it changed the picture settings to those of that input. Didn't think much of it until I noticed it again this morning. It's happened every time I turned it on afterwards but I could always get it to go away by simply changing the picture settings from one to another. That no longer works.

I've since done a factory reset and nothing. Whatever it is, it's still there. I have it unplugged right now and will leave it for a few hours to see if that helps.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
@sonoftumble, man been awhile, but any review or calibration edits needed for the last firmware update... 5.0.16.. my hdr10 & DV just looks like its missing the "spectral punch" it once had with ur settings...

·
Registered
308 Posts
After doing some research on my issue stated out above, it would appear I have a failed LED strip. Based on the results I got back, this seems to be a common problem right around the 2 year mark on these televisions.

This (now failed) M70-D3 is my third set of the same model after the other 2 failed within the first year. Unfortunately, my warranty expired just last month (SURPRISE)!?

Since buying this set, I have bought a P Series 65 inch for another room and returned it for the P Series Quantum after the P65 failed. The best way I can describe the P65's failure is that it grew two large, round, and dark nipples; symmetrically placed on each side of the screen.

Within 2 weeks of owning the Quantum, its LED panel separated giving everything a nice posterized look. It went back to the store after Vizio gave such a hard time trying to validate it as an issue covered under their warranty.

That makes 5 failed Vizio televisions I've owned in just over 2 years (25 months, to be exact). Am I just that unlucky or are their sets really this horrible? Needless to say, I don't see myself ever buying another Vizio...which sucks because they're once of the only ones still making a 70" which is the exact size I need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After doing some research on my issue stated out above, it would appear I have a failed LED strip. Based on the results I got back, this seems to be a common problem right around the 2 year mark on these televisions.

This (now failed) M70-D3 is my third set of the same model after the other 2 failed within the first year. Unfortunately, my warranty expired just last month (SURPRISE)!?

Since buying this set, I have bought a P Series 65 inch for another room and returned it for the P Series Quantum after the P65 failed. The best way I can describe the P65's failure is that it grew two large, round, and dark nipples; symmetrically placed on each side of the screen.

Within 2 weeks of owning the Quantum, its LED panel separated giving everything a nice posterized look. It went back to the store after Vizio gave such a hard time trying to validate it as an issue covered under their warranty.

That makes 5 failed Vizio televisions I've owned in just over 2 years (25 months, to be exact). Am I just that unlucky or are their sets really this horrible? Needless to say, I don't see myself ever buying another Vizio...which sucks because they're once of the only ones still making a 70" which is the exact size I need.
I too own an M70-D3 and recently I went into Costco to see about getting an additional set and on their website there was only one M series and it was a 65 inch. Have the M series fallen out of favor?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Still have my M80-D3 and still love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know if we have a FW update in the works? I think it was mentioned somewhere else and maybe in this thread. Having artifact issues with Plex and any 264 media. 265 does not have the same issue but I could've sworn this was documented and being worked on somewhere but I just cannot seem to find it. VIVA M80-D3 !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone know if we have a FW update in the works? I think it was mentioned somewhere else and maybe in this thread. Having artifact issues with Plex and any 264 media. 265 does not have the same issue but I could've sworn this was documented and being worked on somewhere but I just cannot seem to find it. VIVA M80-D3 !!

Not sure what firmware you're on but my M50-D1 just got updated to firmware 6.0.18.1 early last week. Now, my set is extremely slow about getting these updates for some reason so you might be way ahead of me with said firmware.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This is what I saw on Reddit

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nope my M80-D3 is still on 5.0.16.1 which they still have listed as the only available download to update manually. I guess I will wait with fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That issue on the edit is real. I run my PS4 Proat 1080p beast mode through port 5. As soon as the game started no/delayed sound. The game actually skipped frames as well. I just moved it to port 4, but man how did that get broken?

·
Registered
1 Posts
M55-D0 Calibration Settings Updated?

Anyone have an up to date calibration settings using the latest firmware? I have an M55-D0. Currently using the original one from rtings (circa 2016...) but have seen folks speak highly of the "Calibrated" mode with the later firmware updates.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Anyone have an up to date calibration settings using the latest firmware? I have an M55-D0. Currently using the original one from rtings (circa 2016...) but have seen folks speak highly of the "Calibrated" mode with the later firmware updates.

Thanks!
Here is our resident guru's latest settings post: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2493546-official-2016-vizio-m-series-owner-s-thread-127.html#post57056470

As he notes, however, the firmware updates make changes that invalidate older calibrations, while at the same time incorporating built-in calibration that seems to be quite accurate.

If your M55-D0 is up-to-date as to firmware, then those old rtings setting will be downright horrible and, in fact, the "calibrated" setting may be as well as you can do without doing a complete instrumented calibration yourself. I have the same M55-D0 and, watching in a very dark room, find that "calibrated (dark)" looks very good, and is quite satisfactory. This is with firmware 6.0.18.1. I used to use sonoftumble's calibrations, which were excellent, but no longer, for reasons he himself has explained.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is what I saw on Reddit

I am glad I checked this, I noticed a lot of audio delay on port 5 with my PC and I am unable to use ports 2-4 due to flickering(I am assuming those ports do not fully support 120HZ input from a PC?). Turned off game low latency on port 5 and that fixed the issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any ideas on how to get rid of screen tearing on a M50-D1 in Rocket League for Xbox One X? I know that there is a Vertical Sync option in the game settings for Rocket League but it adds so much input lag... and it's best if you leave it turned off. The Xbox is on HDMI 1 which is the HDR port and the one with the lowest input lag. The game runs in HDR 10 and the only way I've got the screen tearing to a lesser degree is to run it at 720P but it's still fairly bad and well the game looks like crap after playing it in high rez.

Here's the thing that drives me crazy with the screen tearing, it didn't use to be a problem but updates to the TV and the Xbox have created and fixed the problem over the past couple years. When I first started playing the game a few years back there was no screen tearing at all and then one day the Xbox got updated and it started, couple months down the road the TV got updated and fixed the issue.

This went on back and forth for about 2 years with one of them getting an update that would create the problem and then then other would get an update that would fix it, that is until the past year or so and none of the updates to either has fixed the screen tearing. It's a pain waiting around on on updates that only happen a few times a year to see if they'll fix something that they broke.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Anyone know when firmware 6.0.18.1 was pushed out? I think I just got it. Vizio M70-D3. I watched a movie on the Roku app on my Nvidea Shield and when I backed out of watching that movie, and went back to cable (Comcast), my entire tv screen seemed to be washed out, with everything out of whack. I went thru this thread and I used the last calibration settings posted and I have to say, the picture is not great. And before anyone asks, I unplugged and re-plugged each piece of equipment I have before changing the calibration settings. Is there any chance anyone will ever post any updated calibration settings for this model Vizio?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Well, go figure. I walked out of the room and came back 10 minutes later and the picture looks pretty good. Disregard my last post.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Were you ever able to fix this? My M70-D3 has multiple dim "lines" that end in the center of the screen. I've been able to mess with the picture settings to make it better (yesterday). But was fooling around with them today and it's worse again. I've read some say it is the LED driver board and others say the LED light strips themselves. Since I was able to minimize it yesterday I wonder about the LED light strips. Do LEDs get dim? I always thought they work or they don't, no in-between.

I'm a professional machine maintenance technician at Intel Corp. so I'm not afraid to open this up and replace parts. There is a cost/benefit limit and if it will be to much money or trouble to fix maybe I'll get rid of it and get a new TV. Like others I have a perfect entertainment center that accommodates at 70" TV and would like to stick with that. I also just purchased a P75-F1 a few months ago for my Den and love it, no uniformity issues to my untrained eye. Am I in for trouble down the road with it tho?

Comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

10221 - 10240 of 10315 Posts