AVS Forum banner

10301 - 10320 of 10325 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All, if there is anyone is out there I need some help!! I have a M70-D3 that was working fine the other day, then all the sudden it had vertical lines across the entire screen, then it went into a reboot cycle where it was showing the start up screen. I went over to the set to manually shut it off on the back of the screen, but it wouldn't turn back on or show anything, no light on the bottom, nothing. I've tried different outlets and the hard reset, no luck. Any ideas? I'm taking the back off today to check the main board, and power boards and do some diagnostics to see if I can determine what went wrong. I've had this set for 3 years, no extended warranty or Squaretrade so I'm really trying to fix, instead of buy a new tv (especially since I'm furloughed right now also! thanks COVID!). Need your help!

Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
@;Nevermind! I figured it out, ordered a new main board off ebay, fixed it! back to working normal! no clue whats wrong with the main board that was in there, but the new one from ebay is working great! take care all...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Got an email 15 mins ago saying that the led strips were back in stock at shop jimmy.... went to the site and they’re already sold out! Darn it!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just got another one and pulled the trigger... there used to be some lingo on the page about matching the numbers on your main board to the lights but that has been removed... I hope they fit... don’t have time at the moment to take my tv apart to look at my board number... Also, hopefully these are better than the last and don’t go bad so quickly!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have found a used M55-D0 on sale locally at a great price. I believe its a 2016 model and things have progressed significantly since then. So before I jump on it, wanted to know from experts here regarding whether it will support AirPlay, HDR10+ and will support SmartCast 3.0 / 4.0. Thanks.
On my 2016 M65-D0 Smart cast, airplay are both working great. But I don't believe HDr10+ support was added. SmartCast 4.0 was supposed to be released in early 2020, but I haven't checked the version I have.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have found a used M55-D0 on sale locally at a great price. I believe its a 2016 model and things have progressed significantly since then. So before I jump on it, wanted to know from experts here regarding whether it will support AirPlay, HDR10+ and will support SmartCast 3.0 / 4.0. Thanks.
No HDR10+ nor SmartCast 3.0 on any of the 2016 Vizio TVs. The only pre-2019 Vizio TV to get HDR10+ support via firmware update is the 2018 Vizio P-Series.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering, "How well has the M series stood up to new technology?"

I have M65-C1. Looking at paper specs it seems like new technology like QLED things have not really improved significantly, like about 25%. I know it is an unfair comparison since new TVs are really bright with super saturated colors. But it seems like when I see the new QLEDs they are superior in terms of brightness and contrast. Vizio is coming out with the new LED P-Series Quantum X someday (coming soon has been a while).

Just wondering if I should be thinking about a new TV this fall (or black Friday sale). If I want one, I need to start saving now. I have a great surround sound system and Roku so sound and SMART TV is irrelevant.

Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
:frown:

Doggo killed my M-70" going after a Skunk in a Telus commercial.
Shame as the TV only has a hundred hours on it if that much.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
:frown:

Doggo killed my M-70" going after a Skunk in a Telus commercial.
Shame as the TV only has a hundred hours on it if that much.
Ouch. Our dog hasn't reacted to anything on the TV...

except the wolves in Red Dead Redemption 2. Those drove him absolutely nutty - went in to full on "defend his family" mode in an instant. Totally unexpected, as he's indifferent to everything else on the set (including wolves in other games, on nature documentaries, etc).

Dogs are weird.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just wondering, "How well has the M series stood up to new technology?"

I have M65-C1. Looking at paper specs it seems like new technology like QLED things have not really improved significantly, like about 25%. I know it is an unfair comparison since new TVs are really bright with super saturated colors. But it seems like when I see the new QLEDs they are superior in terms of brightness and contrast. Vizio is coming out with the new LED P-Series Quantum X someday (coming soon has been a while).

Just wondering if I should be thinking about a new TV this fall (or black Friday sale). If I want one, I need to start saving now. I have a great surround sound system and Roku so sound and SMART TV is irrelevant.

Thank you for your thoughts.
I think the 2016 m series has held up pretty well.... aside from my backlights going out, which I plan to replace, the image quality is still pretty kick ass.... I’ve been satisfied enough to not really be tempted to upgrade... and instead ive invested in improving my audio experience... I did see an 65” oled display model for about $999 at Costco but didn’t really give it any serious thought..... if I did upgrade eventually it would have to be to like a 77” oled.... not sure any other models are worth the squeeze

·
Registered
486 Posts
’ve been satisfied enough to not really be tempted to upgrade... and instead ive invested in improving my audio experience... I did see an 65” oled display model for about $999 at Costco but didn’t really give it any serious thought..... if I did upgrade eventually it would have to be to like a 77” oled.... not sure any other
After doing a bit of research, I have to take back this statement. The new vizio p series quantum x looks really good on paper. We'll see how well it actually performs soon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is anybody having issues getting video output from the ARC HDMI 1 channel? I've lost the ability to view my receivers setup menu on the TV. I'm also running an Nvidia shield TV original on HDMI 3 and that no longer displays either. I've swapped the shield to different HDMI ports and also tried different HDMI cables without any positive results.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
No, I run my ATV4k and panny 4k player through the receiver. Both still work fine. I used to connect the xbox to it also, but have since moved it to hdmi 5 for better input lag. Have you tried deactivating and reactivating CEC? What about a soft power cycle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Issue with my m65d0 and hoping someone can help.

I recently had to change wifi passwords on my router, and I can't figure out how to make the change on the TV. The physical remote has no access to settings, and the Smartcast app can't to anything when not connected. I attempted to set it up as a new device in the app, but it seems to only look for devices broadcasting wifi, and this one was done via Bluetooth (if I remember correctly).

Any ideas? Surely I'm overlooking something simple...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Issue with my m65d0 and hoping someone can help.

I recently had to change wifi passwords on my router, and I can't figure out how to make the change on the TV. The physical remote has no access to settings, and the Smartcast app can't to anything when not connected. I attempted to set it up as a new device in the app, but it seems to only look for devices broadcasting wifi, and this one was done via Bluetooth (if I remember correctly).
Try using an ethernet cable to temporarily get the TV connected, change the wifi settings, then remove the cable.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Anyone have this issue:
When I turn on my M70-D3 it goes directly to the Smartcast screen. It has always powered on to the HDMI-1 input. We don't use smartcast and the tv always booted up to the last input used which is always HDMI-1. It just started doing this yesterday. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just upgraded to another TV and have a perfectly working VIZIO SmartCast M-Series 65” Class Ultra HD HDR Home Theater Display | M65-D0 collecting dust. Also a VIZIO SmartCast 45” 5.1 Sound Bar System | SB4551-D5

Anyone in the New York City area care to make an offer for pickup? Or the least, advise on where to post these for sale?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone have this issue:
When I turn on my M70-D3 it goes directly to the Smartcast screen. It has always powered on to the HDMI-1 input. We don't use smartcast and the tv always booted up to the last input used which is always HDMI-1. It just started doing this yesterday. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mine did this today for the first time. I would not have thought much of it if I hadn’t seen your post last night. Anyone out there with answers?

10301 - 10320 of 10325 Posts