AVS Forum banner

2861 - 2880 of 13636 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Atmos is an audio codec so there is no "upmix to Atmos" rather simply you can press the MOVIE button and select either the Dolby Surround or DTS Neural:X upmixers to "simulate" audio to the height speakers when the source is not Atmos or DTS:X. More than likely you selected "Auro 3D" which does not pass audio to either the Surround Back speakers or to speakers configured as "Top".
Awesome, I'll look at it again today. I wanted to make sure I didn't need to install an amplifier for the heights seeing how all my other speakers are running off an amp and the 4400 is only powering those 4.

·
Premium Member
88,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,862
Awesome, I'll look at it again today. I wanted to make sure I didn't need to install an amplifier for the heights seeing how all my other speakers are running off an amp and the 4400 is only powering those 4.
Also confirm the following AMP ASSIGN setting ...

Assign Mode: 11.1
Floor
- Layout
: 5ch & SB
Height
– Height Sp
: 4ch
- Layout: Top Front + Top Rear (or whatever 2 height speaker settings you are using)
- Pre-out: Front

·
Registered
694 Posts
For improved audio quality (via Audyssey MultEQ XT32) + dual sub level/delay (via Audyssey Sub EQ HT) + HDMI audio to Zone 2 and to the HEOS speakers + the lowest model to receive the new eARC update enabling HD audio to pass from an eARC capable 4k TV back to the AVR ---> X3400H.
Thanks for a very quick response. As Kate Wolf sang years ago, "the way is getting clearer all the time."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys,
I have just bought 3400h today. I installed it with Nvidia shield and Oppo 203, connecting with LG b7t.
Oppo — > Denon —> LG
Nividia —> Denon —> LG
I have some questions after connected as explained above.
1. For shield, it is a bit picture delay, not an audio delay, perhaps 1 sec. is this a regular issue ? If so, do I need to adjust audio delay via shield?
2. When watching Netflix via shield, it showed just ultra hd 4K, no HDR at all. When I watched without 3400h, I could see HDR trigger on LG screen. How could I fix this?
3. For Oppo, do I need to change the audio output (in Oppo setup) to be PCM or let it be just bitstream as usual ?
4. Can I connect my Samsung S8 via usb and then play music through 3400h ? I once connected via Bluetooth and the quality was awful.
5. For shield, on 3400 display bar, is it regular when it displayed as “multi in” ? I once select “multi with neural x” and the sound seemingly got better. Is this the best option for shield?
Thanks a lot for your help. I am such a novice for av receiver world T-T

·
Registered
138 Posts
I seem to have a few problems with my 4300h, if anyone knows a solution short of getting a warranty return. I have a Roku Premier+ and Sony X800 and a Sony 900e in a 5.1.4 setup.

First, my wireless does not work, at all. It does not detect my wireless network or if I try to connect to my ipad it wont see that either.

Second, and this is the more important one, when watching anything that is not cablebox it will intermittently cut out picture and go black for a second or two and then after a few times it will go to static. Sound still comes out but no picture. Doesnt matter which input it does it to and it does it with both my Roku and X800 player. I have tried different cables and the same problem occurs.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I seem to have a few problems with my 4300h, if anyone knows a solution short of getting a warranty return. I have a Roku Premier+ and Sony X800 and a Sony 900e in a 5.1.4 setup.

First, my wireless does not work, at all. It does not detect my wireless network or if I try to connect to my ipad it wont see that either.

Second, and this is the more important one, when watching anything that is not cablebox it will intermittently cut out picture and go black for a second or two and then after a few times it will go to static. Sound still comes out but no picture. Doesnt matter which input it does it to and it does it with both my Roku and X800 player. I have tried different cables and the same problem occurs.

I would probably swap it out if you've checked the cables and everything. I just set my x3400h up a few days ago and everything works perfectly so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi guys,

I have just bought 3400h today. I installed it with Nvidia shield and Oppo 203, connecting with LG b7t.

Oppo — > Denon —> LG

Nividia —> Denon —> LG

1. For shield, it is a bit picture delay, not an audio delay, perhaps 1 sec. is this a regular issue ? If so, do I need to adjust audio delay via shield?

2. When watching Netflix via shield, it showed just ultra hd 4K, no HDR at all. When I watched without 3400h, I could see HDR trigger on LG screen. How could I fix this?

3. For Oppo, do I need to change the audio output (in Oppo setup) to be PCM or let it be just bitstream as usual ?

4. Can I connect my Samsung S8 via usb and then play music through 3400h ? I once connected via Bluetooth and the quality was awful.

5. For shield, on 3400 display bar, is it regular when it displayed as “multi in” ? I once select “multi with neural x” and the sound seemingly got better. Is this the best option for shield?

I can't speak to everything but the shield TV can't do Dolby Vision so maybe that's the problem? I know it does HDR 10 I'm just trying to think if it says it on mine when it switches. I have the LG B7A and I usually just use the built in smart features for Dolby Vision and have the audio run through arc.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hi guys,
Oppo — > Denon —> LG
Nividia —> Denon —> LG
1. You can adjust the audio delay via the AVR for each input.

2. Make sure you turn on Enhanced HDMI via the AVR settings.

3. You’ll want bitstream I believe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm on my 2nd Denon X2400 receiver. First one just stopped working altogether. No audio or video was displaying, and had a corrupt GUI after Microprocessor reset. Now, I wake up this morning to watch NFL network, and my receiver quickly shuts off upon restart with a flashing red light. WTH?! From what I've read, it could be a loose cable, or some power surge that went to it. I've found some articles about doing a Microprocessor reset, checking cables, and even opening up the unit and fix a loose cable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=BtLOpqGlY5E. My question to any of you that have experienced this, did you have any luck resolving the issue, or should I not waste my time and just return it back to Best Buy. I've only had it for about 2 weeks. Thanks! :(

Update: Microprocessor reset didn't work. Goes into "Initialized" then turns off again. This is with having disconnected all the cables with only the power cable connected. My best guess is that something overheated within the unit itself. Well Denon, you're 0-2 with me. Looks like I'll be picking up a different brand. Well....at least the coffee was good. :mad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would probably swap it out if you've checked the cables and everything. I just set my x3400h up a few days ago and everything works perfectly so far.

Thats the thing, its ~3 months old so return isnt an option only warranty. It just started doing this before christmas and I havent been able to figure it out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is there a way to ahve my Logitech Harmony Remote change the Output HDMI to Monitor 1 or Monitor 2>

I don't see any commands in the Logitech software for this?

When watching TV or a Movie, I want my Denon to use Monitor 1 HDMI which goes to HDMI 1 in the TV and has settings.

For Gaming, I want the Denon to use Monitor 2 which goes to HDMI 2 on the TV and has specific Game Mode settings to that HDMI port.

Is it possible to set up the activity in Logitech to do that automatically, or do I need to have it "learn" the command from the Denon remote somehow?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is there a way to ahve my Logitech Harmony Remote change the Output HDMI to Monitor 1 or Monitor 2>

I don't see any commands in the Logitech software for this?

When watching TV or a Movie, I want my Denon to use Monitor 1 HDMI which goes to HDMI 1 in the TV and has settings.

For Gaming, I want the Denon to use Monitor 2 which goes to HDMI 2 on the TV and has specific Game Mode settings to that HDMI port.

Is it possible to set up the activity in Logitech to do that automatically, or do I need to have it "learn" the command from the Denon remote somehow?

Thanks
What Denon do you have? I just did this with my 2400H, but I didn’t need to change anything since both monitor outs display the same signal at the same time. So just changing the Denon input to my PS4 and the TV to HDMI 3 works for me. I know some higher end units allow different video signals from each.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What Denon do you have? I just did this with my 2400H, but I didn’t need to change anything since both monitor outs display the same signal at the same time. So just changing the Denon input to my PS4 and the TV to HDMI 3 works for me. I know some higher end units allow different video signals from each.
Thanks for your quick reply, I have the Denon S930H - so the lower model of yours. I get what you're saying now, and I guess that will work the way I want it to; I wasn't thinking through it enough!

I don't need separate video signals as i'll only be using one mode or the other at a time. Just need to ensure it's on the right HDMI input then for the TV!

Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
AVR-S730H Stopped Outputting Sound

I hit a very strange problem today. After working flawlessly for about 30 days, my AVR-S730H stopped working completely today.

Setup: 5.1, Polk Speakers, Polk Sub
TV: LG OLED B7
HDMI from cable box/Xbox to AVR to TV (ARC)

I muted the AVR for a few minutes to take a phone call, and took it off mute and the speaker didn't play any sound. Furious troubleshooting followed (checking wiring, switching cables), but eventually resulted in trying to hear the test tones. Once I got to the test tones page, I couldn't hear any sound from "Front L" which is the first speaker. I could not increase the DB adjustment. I also couldn't scroll down to the other speakers. After a factory reset, tried to run through setup again. Again, when the setup prompts test tones on the first speaker (Front L again, I believe) it didn't play, but this time wouldn't allow me to select "No" on the screen, only allowing me to press yes.

Called Denon support and they offered a repair, but said since the unit is so new (purchased late November), I should return to Amazon as faulty and get them to ship a new one.

This seems like a software problem, and yet there's nothing I can imagine I did to cause it. A lot of searching didn't reveal anyone else with this problem, but it's kind of a tough problem to search for. Denon support tech said he had never seen this issue.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply, I have the Denon S930H - so the lower model of yours. I get what you're saying now, and I guess that will work the way I want it to; I wasn't thinking through it enough!

I don't need separate video signals as i'll only be using one mode or the other at a time. Just need to ensure it's on the right HDMI input then for the TV!

Thank you!
Yup should work same as mine. Funny I just switched to this way yesterday ;-).

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the "Mute" icon in the lower left of the screen? I would have expected it to go off after a few seconds, but it seems it is on permanently when the speakers are on Mute. I haven't found any way to turn it off.

SMK

·
Registered
17 Posts
Something to share--no longer a problem I have:

I have a wired Ethernet set-up to include my TV, Denon Receiver, and other toys. In doing some tidying up around the rack of gear, I wanted to change to a shorter Ethernet cable between the cable modem and router as it was too long for the task. I had already connected everything else with CAT 7 cables and this cable was to be replaced with a CAT 7 cable. As soon as I replaced the cable, I had an annoying hum from all the speakers. The loudness of the hum was unaffected by volume level and it was on any input selected. I went ahead and did a complete reset of the receiver just in case it was a coincidence that something happened when I changed the cable but in time it was clear that the problem was easily replicated/repeated by switching this cable. For reference, all the gear was on the same 15A household circuit breaker--none of the 110V plugs for this gear have a ground pin.

Anyone know why the metal connector CAT 7 would cause this vs the all-plastic connector CAT 6 it replaced? I'm assuming a ground loop of some type, but are there other differences between the cables? I also tried two other CAT 7 cables and they both did the same thing, so it is a design thing, not a bad cable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone know why the metal connector CAT 7 would cause this vs the all-plastic connector CAT 6 it replaced? I'm assuming a ground loop of some type, but are there other differences between the cables? I also tried two other CAT 7 cables and they both did the same thing, so it is a design thing, not a bad cable.
I would guess it's something with the shielding on the cable, or the way the pairs are twisted and emitting interference as opposed to the actual plug. If you're really curious, you could probably connect the Cat 7 to a 8P8C connector (the plastic one most Cat5/6 have) and see if the problem remains. Probably not worth the hassle though.

I am curious as to why you're using Cat 7, however. It seems like overkill, considering the AVR is a 100 Mbps port (I think).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would guess it's something with the shielding on the cable, or the way the pairs are twisted and emitting interference as opposed to the actual plug. If you're really curious, you could probably connect the Cat 7 to a 8P8C connector (the plastic one most Cat5/6 have) and see if the problem remains. Probably not worth the hassle though.

I am curious as to why you're using Cat 7, however. It seems like overkill, considering the AVR is a 100 Mbps port (I think).

No particular reason, just thought I would "future proof" with some of the shorter patch cables. Guess this is proof again that the best is not always the case.

2861 - 2880 of 13636 Posts