1. If there is a more capable dedicated sub in the setup, then yes, SMALL/80Hz.Hi all,
Some questions with a X4400h:
1) Audessy sets my L/R as Large; they are full range Gold 300s. Better to switch front mains to small w/ a 80hz crossover? Center is set as small.
2) With dynamic eq on, it seems like all the surrounds (7.2.4 setup) are boosted. With it off, it seems the focus is on the front stage. Is that how Dynamic EQ is supposed to sound like?
3) Does anyone use their x4400h with a Oppo? If so, better to have the Oppo upscale than the Denon, i.e., all video processing off?
2. Dynamic EQ boosts the bass and surround audio at lower volume levels, yes.
3. Regardless of the source, in most cases, better to turn AVR processing off and let the TV doing the video upscaling.