3561 - 3580 of 13610 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,562
I recently upgraded my old tv to an LG Oled, and knew it was time to upgrade my receiver as well. My old receiver was a Yamaha 5.1 receiver, and in the future the most I can expect to need would be something to handle 5.1.2 I just purchased a Denon x3400 on sale, but was wondering if there would be a big difference in sound quality and loudness, if I purchase an x4400 instead which would cost about $400 more (when on sale). I read the first 8 posts of this thread and realize there are several upgrades on the x4400, but not sure that I will ever need or use them. Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
If you never plan on going to 5.1.4, the X3400H will serve you well. :)

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Are the pre-out's on the X6400H (and any other receiver with pre-out) allways "hot", if the same speaker terminals are in use or not ?

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,565
Are the pre-out's on the X6400H (and any other receiver with pre-out) allways "hot", if the same speaker terminals are in use or not ?
As long as the AMP ASSIGN has audio going to the matching speaker posts ... then yes. In fact some have set up a separate 5.1 setup (for example) using the 5.1 pre-outs to an AVR or amp in another room playing the same audio as is played in the main zone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just added a Marantz 2 channel amp MM7025 to my system,I have a 4400H, but I can’t seem to get the marantz amp to turn on with the denon remote, I did the hold the button for 5 secs and the little red light is on, am I missing something or do I have to just turn it on and off each time?

·
Registered
272 Posts
So I recently picked up a pair of Elac B6's and an SVS-PB1000, using with a Denon AVR-S530BT, and I've run into some distressing goofiness that I was hoping you kind souls could help me with...

When setting levels for the speakers, the test tone sounds different in the left and right speakers. The receiver uses noise and it seems like the left channel doesn't have as much upper frequency content.

I ran the auto-EQ twice, the second time just because I found my tripod and could put the microphone in the correct spot. I noticed that during the testing the second time that toward the end the test noise became very loud, possibly distress-level loudness.

After the test, I checked the levels that it had set, and it had the Left channel boosted +12db and the right cut -12db, and the sub boosted 12db. The sub I expected to be boosted too much, but something's not right there, right?

The L/R's are about 6.5' away, and the sub is a little more, maybe 6.8'.

And just now listening to music to see where the EQ landed, I noticed some high end crackling in certain sections. Words cannot describe my displeasure.

Could the auto-EQ have somehow blown up a tweeter or something? How can I test my speakers for problems? Any advice would be much appreciated.
This happened to me once using a brand new X4400 during a series of about 16 Audyssey tests (testing ATMOS speakers vs position and imaging). One of the surrounds was being driven very hard by the Audyssey test. Stopped the test, pulled power cable from the AVR for 30 seconds, all good.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I recently upgraded my old tv to an LG Oled, and knew it was time to upgrade my receiver as well. My old receiver was a Yamaha 5.1 receiver, and in the future the most I can expect to need would be something to handle 5.1.2 I just purchased a Denon x3400 on sale, but was wondering if there would be a big difference in sound quality and loudness, if I purchase an x4400 instead which would cost about $400 more (when on sale). I read the first 8 posts of this thread and realize there are several upgrades on the x4400, but not sure that I will ever need or use them. Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
The X3400 I traded in for the X4400 seemed pretty much identical to me in every way, aside from the extra 4 ATMOS channels. Going from 5.1.2 (X3400) to 7.1.4 (X4400) did however make a big difference in ATMOS/DTSX 3D spatial imaging accuracy. The X4400 has a few more configurations related to ATMOS height/enabled etc speakers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Repeatedly losing network in X1400H

I just got a refurbished X1400H and have been an issue with the network connection.

The AVR is connected to my home wifi network. The router is brand new and signal strength in the room is super strong, with phones/laptops showing full bars and achieving 100+ mbps download speeds.

When I connected the AVR to wifi, it worked fine, showed full strength, no problems streaming. However, periodically it seems to lose the connection. I'll go into setup>network>information and it won't show a SSID, DHCP, etc. Under Setup>Network, the options for Connection, Settings, Network Control, and Friendly Name will be grayed out, so I can't even access the wifi setup menu to attempt to reconnect. If I select "Diagnostics," I get spinning dots and it says "Please Wait" forever, or until I power off the receiver.

Strangely, when this network issue occurs, many of the menu options become grayed out (including Setup Assistant and others that would seem to have no relation to the network connection). This makes me wonder if perhaps the network loss is a symptom of a larger issue.

The only solution I've found is a restart (holding down the power button for a few seconds). When it restarts, it finds the network ok, with great signal strength and full functioning. But within 20-30 minutes, it loses the network again and I have to restart.

Would love any advice. I've searched but haven't found anything about this exact issue.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I just added a Marantz 2 channel amp MM7025 to my system,I have a 4400H, but I can’t seem to get the marantz amp to turn on with the denon remote, I did the hold the button for 5 secs and the little red light is on, am I missing something or do I have to just turn it on and off each time?
You need to use 12v trigger if they both have them, if not you can use a Master/Slave power strip.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
As long as the AMP ASSIGN has audio going to the matching speaker posts ... then yes. In fact some have set up a separate 5.1 setup (for example) using the 5.1 pre-outs to an AVR or amp in another room playing the same audio as is played in the main zone.

Hi JD,

if i want to do 7.1.6 could i use the X6200W as it is a 13 channel pre-out model ?
So if i understand correct, i can do 7.1.6 with the 6400 if i use a external amp to drive the Top Middle speakers ?
(the X8500H will be to much $$$)
I use now a X6400H but thats limited to 11.1 :(

Thanks

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,573
Hi JD,

if i want to do 7.1.6 could i use the X6200W as it is a 13 channel pre-out model ?
So if i understand correct, i can do 7.1.6 with the 6400 if i use a external amp to drive the Top Middle speakers ?
(the X8500H will be to much $$$)
I use now a X6400H but thats limited to 11.1 :(

Thanks
Neither model alone can expand beyond 11.1; however, the X6200W can be used in conjunction with the X6400H to do 7.1.6, all be it without the 2 additional speakers being EQ'd.

Refer to the following thread for more info ---> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2321145-beyond-7-1-4-multi-avr-set-up-immersive-audio.html

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,574
I just got a refurbished X1400H and have been an issue with the network connection.

The AVR is connected to my home wifi network. The router is brand new and signal strength in the room is super strong, with phones/laptops showing full bars and achieving 100+ mbps download speeds.

When I connected the AVR to wifi, it worked fine, showed full strength, no problems streaming. However, periodically it seems to lose the connection. I'll go into setup>network>information and it won't show a SSID, DHCP, etc. Under Setup>Network, the options for Connection, Settings, Network Control, and Friendly Name will be grayed out, so I can't even access the wifi setup menu to attempt to reconnect. If I select "Diagnostics," I get spinning dots and it says "Please Wait" forever, or until I power off the receiver.

Strangely, when this network issue occurs, many of the menu options become grayed out (including Setup Assistant and others that would seem to have no relation to the network connection). This makes me wonder if perhaps the network loss is a symptom of a larger issue.

The only solution I've found is a restart (holding down the power button for a few seconds). When it restarts, it finds the network ok, with great signal strength and full functioning. But within 20-30 minutes, it loses the network again and I have to restart.

Would love any advice. I've searched but haven't found anything about this exact issue.
Part of the problem of buying a refurbished unit is you don't know if the issue the original owner sent it in for has been resolved.

Refer to post 5 of this thread and do a "Network Reset." If still no joy .. you got a dud. Return to seller. :(

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Neither model alone can expand beyond 11.1; however, the X6200W can be used in conjunction with the X6400H to do 7.1.6, all be it without the 2 additional speakers being EQ'd.

Refer to the following thread for more info ---> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2321145-beyond-7-1-4-multi-avr-set-up-immersive-audio.html

I came to this when i read this:

I just realized I have an extra 2 channel amp I was never going to use again.

So I hooked it up to the 6200 Height 1 preouts, amp assigned them to Top Middle, and hooked up a couple old Klipsch speakers and...son of a gun. I can do 9.3.6! Now I have to go find two more matching Mirages

Or do you mean Dolby and DTS can not process more then 11 channels at the moment for D&M ?

·
Premium Member
87,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,576
No sure what "hold the button for 5 seconds" means, but you can either use a 3.5 mono cable from the 12v trigger output of the X4400H to the DC Input on the MM7025 as CBdicX suggested or you could also try connecting the cable from the X4400H (Remote Out) ---> MM7025 (Remote In).

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Received a firmware update on my X2400H this morning. My firmware now lists- Version: 4200-6213-7051-2044 DTS Version: 3.90.50.00

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the responses, I left the MM7025 amp on when I went to bed and it was off when I got up ,so I guess it’s more like a subwoofer in that it takes a bit of time to power down, well on my way to 11.2 will be adding front height speakers tonight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My x6400h got a firmware update just now. Seemed like a big download. Anyone know where the changelog has been posted?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

Given it was refurbished. Maybe you found the reason it was returned!
Why troubleshoot an issue that’s on a less than perfect unit?

3561 - 3580 of 13610 Posts