AVS Forum banner

14041 - 14060 of 14071 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would gladly pay the fee for a firmware update that would turn that feature on!
LMFAO.... Samsung is/was in partnership with Panasonic to make a competitor to DV. So Samsung will never ever have a firmware update to give us DV on tvs 2021 and older.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Is there any of the add on switches that would work to make the Fire Stick Prime app play hdr10+ to the Samsung tv and Atmos to the Denon receiver?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hi all, does the Denon X3400H have enough voltage to drive the Emotiva XPA-7 or Monolith 7x to full power?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I continue to have a terrible time with my LG C9, X4400H, and eARC. Both the LG and the Denon have the latest available firmware installed.

I have it set on the TV to:

• eARC: on
  • Passthrough: on
  • Format: Bitstream

This briefly worked as expected and I was able to receive 5.1 PCM and Bitstream audio throughout. Eventually this degraded to only 2 channels no matter what I did. I spent several hours flipping settings around and restarting devices to no avail.

I even connected a SHARC in the middle and still was only getting 2 channels. This was regardless of audio source (tried OTA TV, a Win10 PC, Netflix App on TV, etc).

Using these HDMI cables which I believe should be sufficient.

I'm not clear what is broken here but it's a mess (which has been my overall experience with this whole HDMI 2.1 / eARC transition :p)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
New problem with my x4400h: I have no headphones plugged in. The front panel switches repeatedly between HP INPUT ON and HP INPUT OFF, then goes to the AUDYSSEY CALIBRATION SCREEN. There is nothing plugged into the Audyssey mic input.

I have tried turning it off and pulling the plug for ten minutes. I did a microprocessor reset, and the problem was still there. I did the reset five times, and the problem went away--for about two days, and now it's back. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
New problem with my x4400h: I have no headphones plugged in. The front panel switches repeatedly between HP INPUT ON and HP INPUT OFF, then goes to the AUDYSSEY CALIBRATION SCREEN. There is nothing plugged into the Audyssey mic input.

I have tried turning it off and pulling the plug for ten minutes. I did a microprocessor reset, and the problem was still there. I did the reset five times, and the problem went away--for about two days, and now it's back. Any suggestions?
I have never experienced this issue, and it will sound odd, I know it did to me, but others have recommended cleaning out the headphone plug port...like with compressed air like you use to clean off keyboards. Apparently dust can get in there and cause this issue...

·
Premium Member
90,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,049

This issue generally only presents on much older models; however, the solution is to either take a golf tee or headphone jack and insert/remove it multiple times to clean out the dust. You can also use compressed air if available.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I have never experienced this issue, and it will sound odd, I know it did to me, but others have recommended cleaning out the headphone plug port...like with compressed air like you use to clean off keyboards. Apparently dust can get in there and cause this issue...
I used canned "duster" and blew ,air into both the headphone and Audyssey mic jacks, and (fingers crossed) the AVR has been running normally since then. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I tried to run manual test tones on my x4400 and all i get is very low white noise. Is this normal. My sub does not even output anything. I have typically gone with Auto Audyssey but decided to check sound level using manual test tones but I am not getting anything more than very light noise from the speaker as I mover around each one. I have to put my ear near to hear it. I do hear clicking noise as outputs are switch during this process just like full Audyssey setup is done and it outputs test tones.
Any suggestion if something is wrong or perhaps a setting is preventing it.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I tried to run manual test tones on my x4400 and all i get is very low white noise. Is this normal. My sub does not even output anything. I have typically gone with Auto Audyssey but decided to check sound level using manual test tones but I am not getting anything more than very light noise from the speaker as I mover around each one. I have to put my ear near to hear it. I do hear clicking noise as outputs are switch during this process just like full Audyssey setup is done and it outputs test tones.
Try turning you main volume control up before starting the test tones.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I tried to run manual test tones on my x4400 and all i get is very low white noise. Is this normal. My sub does not even output anything. I have typically gone with Auto Audyssey but decided to check sound level using manual test tones ts are switch during this process just like full Audyssey setup is done and it outputs test tones.
I don't know what's causing your problem, but I do know that you cannot use the x4400's manual test tones to double-check the speaker levels set by Audyssey because the test tones bypass the levels that Audyssey has set. You'll need a disc with multichannel test tones for that purpose. I use either the Spears & Munsil Second Edition Blu-Ray or Avia 2nd Edition DVD, but there are other options out there.

·
Premium Member
90,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,054
The volume of the manual Test Tones is based on the AVR volume level. Simply raise the volume level.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Although I will also add that although on much older models, the Test Tone volume is fixed at 75dB, as you learned it is now tied to the AVR's master volume.
yup that threw me off thought it will be fixed at reference level

·
Registered
104 Posts
My 4400 has been switching to Phono input randomly on it's own. Anyone have experience with this?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
90,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,059
My 4400 has been switching to Phono input randomly on it's own. Anyone have experience with this?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
There is a lot of helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread to include some information on your issue in post #3 item 11.3.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Denon received by unit for repair with the dead LFE ouput. They, of course, say nothing is wrong with it. lol. Considering I did my own troubleshooting, troubleshooted with Denon and Crutchfield before sending it in for repair, I think they may need better testing. The guy that called me was very nice, said if they couldn't find anything they'd just send it back. I'm not sure what my next step will be if that happens and the LFE output isn't fixed.

14041 - 14060 of 14071 Posts