AVS Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1106 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
See post 5.
This firmware fixed all my problems save the internet radio not working at all,but that doesnt matter as i usually use my phone for this anyways via bluetooth

·
Registered
9 Posts
HDCP problem with dual video output on 7704

Search of this thread did not return anything helpful.
I recently upgraded to an LG 4K TV and an Epson UB5050 connected to Monitor 2 and Monitor 1 respectively. My source is a 4K AppleTV using proper Monoprice premium high speed hdmi and a Ruipro optical hdmi cable. All devices are updated to the latest firmware.

When trying to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, I am getting an HDCP error on the LG TV (connected to Monitor 2 with the Marantz 7704 set to dual output). Both Netflix and Amazon Prime work normally on the Epson UB5050 projector/Monitor 1/ dual output. The LG TV plays Netflix/Amazon Prime normally when the 7794 is set to output Monitor 2 only, but not with dual output.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue?

·
Premium Member
87,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
Search of this thread did not return anything helpful.
I recently upgraded to an LG 4K TV and an Epson UB5050 connected to Monitor 2 and Monitor 1 respectively. My source is a 4K AppleTV using proper Monoprice premium high speed hdmi and a Ruipro optical hdmi cable. All devices are updated to the latest firmware.

When trying to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, I am getting an HDCP error on the LG TV (connected to Monitor 2 with the Marantz 7704 set to dual output). Both Netflix and Amazon Prime work normally on the Epson UB5050 projector/Monitor 1/ dual output. The LG TV plays Netflix/Amazon Prime normally when the 7794 is set to output Monitor 2 only, but not with dual output.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue?
Try powering off the TV, PJ, and AVP and unplug their respective power cables and HDMI cables connecting them for 10 minutes. Connect all cables. Power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, then AVP, pause 5 seconds, the ATV.

If still no joy, then you'll have to use either "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" instead of "Dual."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try powering off the TV, PJ, and AVP and unplug their respective power cables and HDMI cables connecting them for 10 minutes. Connect all cables. Power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, then AVP, pause 5 seconds, the ATV.

If still no joy, then you'll have to use either "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" instead of "Dual."
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it today, but no luck. Will just have to switch output until I eventually upgrade.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it today, but no luck. Will just have to switch output until I eventually upgrade.
Any reason the LG is on Monitor 2 instead of 1? Is it Dolby Vision capable? You might try swapping the displays (LG on monitor 1 and epson on monitor 2) and seeing if that makes a difference.

Also, any reason you prefer Dual vs 1 or 2?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had to double check before responding. No difference, unfortunately. I prefer dual output so I don’t have to dive into the menu to change output when switching between the LG or the projector. Not a huge deal, but an inconvenience. Also makes it difficult for the wife and kids to use.

·
Premium Member
87,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,088
Had to double check before responding. No difference, unfortunately. I prefer dual output so I don’t have to dive into the menu to change output when switching between the LG or the projector. Not a huge deal, but an inconvenience. Also makes it difficult for the wife and kids to use.
Use the SMART SELECT buttons (p. 154 Owner's manual) as <HDMI Video Output> is one of the settings that is saved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Implementing that will make it much easier to live with switching outputs manually. As usual, I guess it would help to thoroughly read the manual.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Use the SMART SELECT buttons (p. 154 Owner's manual) as <HDMI Video Output> is one of the settings that is saved.
Thanks for the tip! Implementing that will make it much easier to live with switching outputs manually. As usual, I guess it would help to thoroughly read the manual.
HDMI Monitor 1 and 2 are also discrete commands if you have a Harmony or other programmable universal remote.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I haven't read through this entire thread, so I apologize if I am asking something that has been answered.

Is anyone else having issues with network shares or music servers dropping offline in the middle of songs in Heos after the last firmware update?

I'm not sure if it was the update, but in the last month or so, I've been having trouble with network shares. Before this, everything worked perfectly stable for a few years. Anyone have a good way to troubleshoot this? I have no idea what happens, but it seems to disconnect from one of my two servers randomly. I have a network share and a Plex server. After a recent update to Plex, Heos no longer sees the Plex server. Not sure if that is a separate issue. My network share still works, but songs drop randomly.

Are there instructions somewhere to check the exact firmware revision? It just tells me that it's up to date in the setup menu. Is there a process to downgrade from the latest firmware to an older version?

·
Premium Member
87,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,092
I haven't read through this entire thread, so I apologize if I am asking something that has been answered.

Is anyone else having issues with network shares or music servers dropping offline in the middle of songs in Heos after the last firmware update?

I'm not sure if it was the update, but in the last month or so, I've been having trouble with network shares. Before this, everything worked perfectly stable for a few years. Anyone have a good way to troubleshoot this? I have no idea what happens, but it seems to disconnect from one of my two servers randomly. I have a network share and a Plex server. After a recent update to Plex, Heos no longer sees the Plex server. Not sure if that is a separate issue. My network share still works, but songs drop randomly.

Are there instructions somewhere to check the exact firmware revision? It just tells me that it's up to date in the setup menu. Is there a process to downgrade from the latest firmware to an older version?

All,

Since we launched HEOS in 2014 our team has worked tirelessly to ensure the platform functions as faultlessly as possible, especially during high-traffic periods. Outages are incredibly rare (we have only experienced a few up until this month), and we understand how frustrating they can be. That’s why we want to apologize for the inconvenient outages that took place March 15, 21 and 22 and explain what happened.

Why Did This Happen?

Earlier in March, HEOS released a software update to stay current with a partner’s technology platform upgrade. Despite detailed testing, our studies indicate the main issue was related to the new upgrade causing unusually high data traffic. This, coupled with a huge surge in listening volume, caused the outages.

HEOS has several measures in place to account for increased loads, error handling, and in the event of a failure, systems to recover quickly. Unfortunately in this case, compounding events fell outside of those capabilities.

Is It Fixed?

Yes, the issue causing the outages is fixed. HEOS also made additional improvements to ensure this type of outage remains as rare as possible and enhanced our escalation protocol. So, in the unlikely event another outage happens, the down time should be less than 30 minutes.

Thank you again for your continued support and happy listening.

Best Regards,

Brendon Stead, SVP Product Development

·
Registered
162 Posts

Got an email from Marantz earlier today. Pasted below:

All,

Since we launched HEOS in 2014 our team has worked tirelessly to ensure the platform functions as faultlessly as possible, especially during high-traffic periods. Outages are incredibly rare (we have only experienced a few up until this month), and we understand how frustrating they can be. That’s why we want to apologize for the inconvenient outages that took place March 15, 21 and 22 and explain what happened.

Why Did This Happen?

Earlier in March, HEOS released a software update to stay current with a partner’s technology platform upgrade. Despite detailed testing, our studies indicate the main issue was related to the new upgrade causing unusually high data traffic. This, coupled with a huge surge in listening volume, caused the outages.

HEOS has several measures in place to account for increased loads, error handling, and in the event of a failure, systems to recover quickly. Unfortunately in this case, compounding events fell outside of those capabilities.

Is it Fixed?

Yes, the issue causing the outages is fixed. HEOS also made additional improvements to ensure this type of outage remains as rare as possible and enhanced our escalation protocol. So, in the unlikely event another outage happens, the down time should be less than 30 minutes.

Thank you again for your continued support and happy listening.

Best Regards,

Brendon Stead, SVP Product Development

·
Registered
110 Posts
Interesting, but I think my problem might be different. To be clear, my problem is with a local share from my PC on my wired network, I am not streaming over the internet. Also, I have experienced problems as recent as today.

If I am using Heos completely locally to my network, would I still be affected by their outages?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I experienced the weirdest sound issue last night while my wife and I were watching a movie via Xfinity. We rented “Just Mercy” from OnDemand and we both immediately noticed all of the dialogue was coming from the right front speaker. It was like all of the center channel was swapped with the right speaker. Weird! And since this movie is very center channel strong, it was very noticeable. It was so annoying and we couldn’t focus on enjoying the movie. I restarted my system, and the cable box and it didn’t fix it. I went to a regular HBO channel and the sound was fine along with all other channels, the sound was fine in 5.1 everywhere except for the OnDemand movie.

So I call Xfinity to ask about the problem and although it was never fixed they gave me a credit. 👍 All good I guess however...

So I went to play a game of modern Warfare and couldn’t even play because the sound was ALL jacked up. It sounded like the front channels were in the back and nothing was coming out of the right front speaker, it was just weird. I shut down the entire system, looked at the speaker cables, made sure the HDMI cables were plugged in tightly, moved the center speaker to another channel on One of the amps. Nothing was wrong.

The Xbox is plugged directly into the Sony TV getting sound back via ARC to the Marantz 7704.
Every other device is plugged directly into the Marantz 7704 which is used as the audio/video switching.

I went into the Marantz HDMI Control and turned off everything except ARC (which I use a lot) and checked to make sure the Sony tv (900F) hadn’t changed anything, but nothing was but I turned on/off the Bravia Sync to initiate it again.

After a couple of restarts the games sound was finally working right but this was all to weird to not be concerned about why I was experiencing this.

I am exchanging the 7704 for a 8805 in a few days, not be use of this but because I wanted it.

Has this ever happened to anyone or similar sound issues?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is the new firmware that open up for Roon relesed yet , and what is the version ?
Mine is now 5461-1360-9342-4145.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unknown, although note that streaming Roon via Airplay has worked for quite some time.
Ok.
I don’t have Roon yet either , but I concidering trying it. I heard one friend told me his 7703 har a new upgrade for some days ago , but for mine I don’t think there’s anything new.
Or maybe it have updatet it’s self since autoupdate was enabled ...?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I’ve been using the XLR preout for the rear right channel since I bought my 7704 from an authorized dealer in February 2018. Going forward I need to use the RCA (Instead of XLR) preout instead for this channel. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work....and I’ve tried swapping 2-3 different speakers, speaker wires, and amp channels. Other RCA precuts seem to work.

Would this RCA preout that be repaired under the 3 year warranty? If so, what repair shop do you recommend near me? I’m in the SF Bay Area.

·
Premium Member
87,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,100
I’ve been using the XLR preout for the rear right channel since I bought my 7704 from an authorized dealer in February 2018. Going forward I need to use the RCA (Instead of XLR) preout instead for this channel. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work....and I’ve tried swapping 2-3 different speakers, speaker wires, and amp channels. Other RCA precuts seem to work.

Would this RCA preout that be repaired under the 3 year warranty? If so, what repair shop do you recommend near me? I’m in the SF Bay Area.
Yes, it should be covered under the warranty although you may want to refer to post 3 and do a microprocessor reset to see if that will restore the RCA pre-out capability.

Check with whatever repair facility you decide to use as they may be working with limited staff (if working at all) due to COVID-19.

You also may want to check with the factory repair facility, United Radio, Syracuse, NY for their estimated turn around time. Would cost more in shipping, but most likely result in a much quicker turn around (a week or two as compared to possibly several months with a California based shop).

1081 - 1100 of 1106 Posts