AVS Forum banner

2021 - 2036 of 2036 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
@Daniel Avila You may want to edit and remove that price tag, this topic and I believe every other on this side of the forum is no price talk allowed. Personal experience here I was “warned” by a mod once doing the same.

·
Vendor
27,910 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it. What do I lose by doing that? Getting up from the couch? : )
Ugh, I've been looking at a 4K TV and am just realizing my SR8012 won't support 120HZ, VRR, etc.

Can I drive the picture and HDMI 2.1 through the TV directly and somehow get just sound to my speakers from the SR8012? Or am I screwed?
If ARC or EARC do not work out, run a optical from your devise to the receiver and HDMI direct from the devise to the TV.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I have posted this elsewhere as well but my Marantz SR8012 has the dreaded .5 second blinking red light. It turns on for a few seconds and then one last 'click' and it immediately turns off and starts blinking red. People have told me it could be a power safety issue or that a component died.

I am able to navigate in the little menu for the first few seconds but then 'click' and it turns off. Think it might be possible for me to fix this this on my own? Do you know of any resets or tricks I could try? Nothing else is plugged in when this happens.

I'd love to get this bad boy working again but I'm unsure if its worth the trouble.

·
Premium Member
89,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,024
Hey guys I have posted this elsewhere as well but my Marantz SR8012 has the dreaded .5 second blinking red light. It turns on for a few seconds and then one last 'click' and it immediately turns off and starts blinking red. People have told me it could be a power safety issue or that a component died.

I am able to navigate in the little menu for the first few seconds but then 'click' and it turns off. Think it might be possible for me to fix this this on my own? Do you know of any resets or tricks I could try? Nothing else is plugged in when this happens.

I'd love to get this bad boy working again.
If doing at least 5-10 microprocessor resets (see post #4) does not resolve the issue, then send in for warranty repair if still within 3 years of purchase date, otherwise if not, if purchased with a credit card, check if the card offers a 1 year extended warranty as a free benefit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If doing at least 5-10 microprocessor resets does not resolve the issue, the send in for warranty repair if still within 3 years of purchase date, otherwise if not, if purchased with a credit card, check if the card offers a 1 year extended warranty as a free benefit.
What exactly is "5-10 microprocessor resets"? Someone else told me about a master reset but that also confuses me.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Refer to post #4.
I had a similar problem and hand to do a factory reset after a power failure. You will loose all your settings. Hopefully after you do this things will work. If you are using the MultiEQ app you will be able to restore your room correction if you saved it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem and hand to do a factory reset after a power failure. You will loose all your settings. Hopefully after you do this things will work. If you are using the MultiEQ app you will be able to restore your room correction if you saved it.
Sadly Holding down the power button with the Game and Info settings does nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is a little tricky to do it. Make sure power is off when you hold game and info. It may take a few tries.
See instructions below. I was about to give up and it finally worked.
My apologies, I was able too get "initializing" to appear bur even after 5/6 of these resets it still turns off. Some power protection is still being tripped it seems

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
My apologies, I was able too get "initializing" to appear bur even after 5/6 of these resets it still turns off. Some power protection is still being tripped it seems
I would carefully check all your speaker connection wires. You could have a short somewhere with wires touching at the receiver or speaker end.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, it seems like the PS5 doesn't play nice with the SR8012. Cannot get it to passthrough 4K 60Hz HDR. My options are 1080p 60Hz HDR or 4K No HDR.

2021 - 2036 of 2036 Posts