AVS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 2022 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tommy de vito

yes
Thank you. Will order. I've got my 11 speakers, sub, the 8012 on the way, new Sony panel on the way, now I need to get this guy to keep the 8012 cool, and find a piece of furniture to set my center channel on as well as all the components. The piece of furniture has become the most difficult. I don't like most of the stuff I see because it's all enclosed (will generate heat) and finding something "open" with the appropriate spacing for the 8012 and S9, as well as the correct height for my center channel has been a chore. I had hoped to do it from the computer but it's looking like a tape measure and driving all over the city is going to be required. Pain in the butt, but none of this has been easy.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you make same thing me ,I take off de door and in the back furniture to .but your furniture have front door its possible to you take off just back and take aircom whit the air comming out to the back ,some model for infinity have air back system.

Reactions: rc-zombies

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Audyssey app

I have yet to purchase the Audyssey app. What are people’s opinions of it? Is it worth the $20? Do you find it useful or is it just cute? I’m reading reviews now, but would like to hear from forum members. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Reactions: TommyDeVito

·
Premium Member
88,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,405

·
Registered
7,690 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They should include the MQ app for free but that being said it gives you lots of settings options. You have to be sure you are on the same network as your receiver to use it. It is great for tweaking system.
Thank you gentlemen for the replies and for the link.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar issue trying to get all my heavy and larger sized AV gear into a single cabinet that will allow sound and IR to pass through it seamlessly. I landed on a BDI Corridor cabinet and while pricey, was worth every penny. Classy looks, excellent build quality and will fit almost any modern piece of equipment and allow for cooling. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dolby Height Virtualizer is a feature announced for Denon 2019 receiver models. As it will be some time before we get a 2019 (or later) model update of the SR8012, has anyone heard any rumors if this feature will be available as a software update to the current model of SR8012 like the equivalent of the DTS software update?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if the 8012 supports a 5.1.2 Top Middle for DTS X? I had a Sony 1100ES and while it would decode the DTS X it couldn’t use the Top Middle and no sound was reproduced for object placement. I auditioned an Anthem MRX 1120 and it did decode and adapt to the Top Middle layout.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
88,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,411
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if the 8012 supports a 5.1.2 Top Middle for DTS X? I had a Sony 1100ES and while it would decode the DTS X it couldn’t use the Top Middle and no sound was reproduced for object placement. I auditioned an Anthem MRX 1120 and it did decode and adapt to the Top Middle layout.

Thanks

Yes, as noted on p. 308 of the Owner's Manual.

·
Vendor
27,473 Posts
I had a similar issue trying to get all my heavy and larger sized AV gear into a single cabinet that will allow sound and IR to pass through it seamlessly. I landed on a BDI Corridor cabinet and while pricey, was worth every penny. Classy looks, excellent build quality and will fit almost any modern piece of equipment and allow for cooling. Highly recommended!
Yes BDI makes nice stands, not like the junk that is out there. They are not cheap "$" by any means though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’m reading that the SR 8012 gets pretty warm, I looked through the manual and start up guide but couldn’t find any examples or direction on how much space should be allowed on the sides and top for ventilation. Any suggestions or guidance?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
88,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,415
I’m reading that the SR 8012 gets pretty warm, I looked through the manual and start up guide but couldn’t find any examples or direction on how much space should be allowed on the sides and top for ventilation. Any suggestions or guidance?

Thanks

Recommended minimum space is 3-4" above and on the sides with an open front and back. If not able to do so, but you have at least 1.5" space above with either open front or back, consider purchasing an AC Infinity fan if necessary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today is the second time in one month that I open the Heos app and it shows a software / firmware update.
I updated both times without any problem and completed successfully.
Did any of you get any of these updates?
I didnt have the time to search in the support web site for details as I need the serial number to do so.
Does any of you know what they are about?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi BLA-L09 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Has anyone had an issue when using their receiver that there is a sort of pop and the sound goes out? This happened the other day and although the receiver didn’t feel particularly warm I thought maybe it overheated. The next morning I turned it on and it was fine. Now it did again a second time. The thing is we were streaming Netflix through Apple TV and the picture was still passing through fine, just no sound. There was no sound with the tuner or other inputs as well. I will call Marantz customer support tomorrow too. Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention it was completely open on the top shelf of an audio rack so very well ventilated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm a new SR8012 owner. When watching cable on a single channel like CNBC, it seems when my AVR switches audio encodings (between comercials and the main program), when the main program resumes - the audio level drops really low. If I change cable channels and come back, it seems fine. Anyone else run into this?

·
Premium Member
88,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,419
I'm a new SR8012 owner. When watching cable on a single channel like CNBC, it seems when my AVR switches audio encodings (between comercials and the main program), when the main program resumes - the audio level drops really low. If I change cable channels and come back, it seems fine. Anyone else run into this?
Is Audyssey Dynamic Volume engaged?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just set up my 8012 and noticed that the remote is constantly displaying “AVR” even when not it use. Is this a normal function?

1401 - 1420 of 2022 Posts