AVS Forum banner

11481 - 11500 of 11554 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a similar setup (930E and 2019 Shield Pro) and have zero problems after turning on IP Control. Do you have any of that power on/off CEC stuff turned on in the Shield? Maybe that’s the difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just checked the Shield, no CEC.
I do have Bravia Sync control enabled for ARC to my Denon X2200W AVR. The Sony has both
Device auto power off and TV auto power on disabled.
I also have an HDFury Diva between the AVR and TV. All my devices are plugged into the AVR.

As an experiment I could disable Bravia Sync control and just use optical for TV to AVR.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I do have Bravia Sync control enabled for ARC to my Denon X2200W AVR. The Sony has both
I also have an HDFury Diva between the AVR and TV. All my devices are plugged into the AVR.

As an experiment I could disable Bravia Sync control and just use optical for TV to AVR.
While I don't have the exact same setup as you - I have Bravia Sync set to OFF - and use HDMI to Denon AVR 6200. I also use Optical Out to provide sound for 930e internal streaming - but nowadays mostly bypass the internal apps & use a Roku Ultra

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I moved my 55X930E to the basement about 7 weeks ago once I got my 65X950H. It used to have a few HDMI connections to it and had a wired connection to my router. Now in the basement it only has an OTA antenna connected to it and I switched it to wireless network connection; nothing it connected via HDMI. In the 7 weeks since moving it to the basement, it has turned itself on 3 times. Anyone have any idea why it started doing this? And how to stop it?

It never turned itself on when it was in the family room (when it had a Denon AVR and Directv DVR connected to it via HDMI).

·
Registered
493 Posts
I moved my 55X930E to the basement about 7 weeks ago once I got my 65X950H. It used to have a few HDMI connections to it and had a wired connection to my router. Now in the basement it only has an OTA antenna connected to it and I switched it to wireless network connection; nothing it connected via HDMI. In the 7 weeks since moving it to the basement, it has turned itself on 3 times. Anyone have any idea why it started doing this? And how to stop it?

It never turned itself on when it was in the family room (when it had a Denon AVR and Directv DVR connected to it via HDMI).
Apps and Smart devices have the ability to turn on the TV.

Try seeing if a Recently opened app coincides with the TV turning on. On my TV I can see the list of "Recently opened apps" in the Settings > Apps menu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are a few...

1. All of a sudden (it just started happening recently), each time the TV is turned on and HDMI is recognized, the sound stops working. The only "fix" has been to turn off the TV, then turn it back on again. This is seriously annoying.

2. Every X amount of times when you turn on the TV it turns itself off and reboots/restarts, which takes entirely too long.

3. I don't like that only 2 of the 4 HDMI ports are 4K.

4. I hate that I have to manually switch the TV's audio setting from internal TV speaker to exterior Surround Sound when using the receiver. This may (??) be the fault of my old Pioneer Elite 84TXSi receiver, but I never had to do this with my old Samsung TV when using the same receiver.
As to #1, I have the same issue. The workaround for me is to hit the “TV” button on the remote when the sound goes out after turning it on. I figured it out after selecting inputs one day and when I went back to cable (TV) it came back. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
As to #1, I have the same issue. The workaround for me is to hit the “TV” button on the remote when the sound goes out after turning it on. I figured it out after selecting inputs one day and when I went back to cable (TV) it came back. Good luck.
Thanks. Still, it shouldn't be happening. I never had issues like these with other brand TVs.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
For me, with my old audio receiver I used to have a problem where the TV would switch back to TV sound when I turned on the TV, but not tell the receiver so I’d end up with sound coming from both the TV and receiver.

With my new Onkyo, sometimes the TV and receiver get into a tug of war as to who should handle the audio when I turn on the TV. It should be the receiver, but the TV will sometimes take it. About 10 seconds later the receiver will take it back and the TV will steal it again. This will repeat a few times until finally the TV lets the receiver have the audio. While this is happening the screen blanks out for 5 seconds. It’s really annoying.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Every day I check for an update to this tv on Sony's website and every day I'm disappointed. I get all the bugs. Firmware glitch on boot up, no sound for 5-10 seconds after start up of tv when navigating the ui and then all of a sudden it comes in way louder than it should, random tv turn ons, in vlc my external hd has started recognizing it as multiple different names instead of easystore(default name) the longer I go without a reboot, and most of the time I can't even get the sony media app to recognize it's connected now. This never happened until this current firmware.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Today my TV is turning itself off about 10 to 20 minutes after I turn it on. There are no sleep timers set, so I have no idea what’s going on. It’s done it 3 times in the last hour.

Edit:

I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in again and it’s been several hours now without turning off. I hope it’s resolved itself.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Here are a few...

1. All of a sudden (it just started happening recently), each time the TV is turned on and HDMI is recognized, the sound stops working. The only "fix" has been to turn off the TV, then turn it back on again. This is seriously annoying.

2. Every X amount of times when you turn on the TV it turns itself off and reboots/restarts, which takes entirely too long.

3. I don't like that only 2 of the 4 HDMI ports are 4K.

4. I hate that I have to manually switch the TV's audio setting from internal TV speaker to exterior Surround Sound when using the receiver. This may (??) be the fault of my old Pioneer Elite 84TXSi receiver, but I never had to do this with my old Samsung TV when using the same receiver.
1,2, and 4 are valid, 3 was preventable. I swore of samsung after I bought a cheaper 1080p set a few years ago and it was slower than a 5 year old cell phone to use any apps. I get that I did not buy the latest and greatest at the time but it was sad how slow it was.

Personally I love android TV but as with everything that makes our life better when it does not work it is very frustrating specially problems like your #4 is it the TV, the receiver, or some combination of both. Either way no manufacturer is going to help you.

I had an issue similar to your #1 but it was resolved with a firmware update later. #2 is not good and would make me worry the TV is dying.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Turned my TV on today and the screen kept blinking off and on as it was trying to negotiate with my receiver. It did this for over a minute so I turned the TV off. I went to turn the TV on and nothing happened. About 30 seconds later I got the boot up screen.

That’s the first time I’ve seen the TV reboot when turning it on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I watched the new Zack Snyder Justice League tonight. The 930E said Dolby Vision. The picture kept getting brighter and then darker throughout the movie playing through the HBO Max app. Did any of you have that problem?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I watched the new Zack Snyder Justice League tonight. The 930E said Dolby Vision. The picture kept getting brighter and then darker throughout the movie playing through the HBO Max app. Did any of you have that problem?
sorry i haven't watched it yet. but how do you yell if something is playing in dolby or whatever? like how to determine your resolution while watching a show? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah,It's happening to me too!!! It's also affecting my Netflix,and Disney+. Dolby Vision reads out on the screen ,but it flickers from bright to dark and it no way looks 4K anymore!! The Android Smart TV app. must have gotten a bad firmware update or something..... Perfecting timing too,right on time for Zack Snyder's Justice League and Falcon and the Winter Soldier! :mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah,It's happening to me too!!! It's also affecting my Netflix,and Disney+. Dolby Vision reads out on the screen ,but it flickers from bright to dark and it no way looks 4K anymore!! The Android Smart TV app. must have gotten a bad firmware update or something..... Perfecting timing too,right on time for Zack Snyder's Justice League and Falcon and the Winter Soldier! :mad:
I saw this in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as well but not as bad as Justice League. Is there a way to disable Dolby Vision so everything with HDR content defaults to HDR10?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I saw this in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as well but not as bad as Justice League. Is there a way to disable Dolby Vision so everything with HDR content defaults to HDR10?
Guess what. Both my 930E and 900E just switched themselves on. Any bets that this was due to a software update and that the Dolby Vision mess has been fixed? I'll check this out later unless someone else can beat me to it. BTW Falcon and Winter Soldier looked fine in good old fashioned HDR10 on 900E.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Guess what. Both my 930E and 900E just switched themselves on. Any bets that this was due to a software update and that the Dolby Vision mess has been fixed? I'll check this out later unless someone else can beat me to it. BTW Falcon and Winter Soldier looked fine in good old fashioned HDR10 on 900E.
There haven’t been any new updates since November.

11481 - 11500 of 11554 Posts