AVS Forum banner

11501 - 11520 of 11553 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Every day I check for an update to this tv on Sony's website and every day I'm disappointed. I get all the bugs. Firmware glitch on boot up, no sound for 5-10 seconds after start up of tv when navigating the ui and then all of a sudden it comes in way louder than it should, random tv turn ons, in vlc my external hd has started recognizing it as multiple different names instead of easystore(default name) the longer I go without a reboot, and most of the time I can't even get the sony media app to recognize it's connected now. This never happened until this current firmware.
This firmware seems to get buggier with every release... What makes you think the next one will be better... Sony obviously does NOT properly test it's software when adding fix's and forgets that changes that may correct one bug may creat another. Very disapointing that they do not verify the complete package prior to the update re;lease and seem to use it's customers instead like beta testers!!! Prior to the Dolby VIsion enableing update, I had ZERO sound related issues with my sound bar but since that release and evdery update since my sound bar shuts off on its own ramdomly. Also I did not do the update to version 9 but with the last month, my sound bar seems to get lost with unsupported audio msg and wont shut off half the time automatically. Weird bit it seems like some of the sound related new issues have been installed. I wonder if some of the Installed Apps recently manually updated have caused this.. Sony Firmware engineering dept needs to be better at their jobs... May be Sony top management preventing them the time required to properly test it the real issue... That equates to budget limitations which ultimately creat way more dept spending in the long run. Sucks for us and the engineers that are made to look bad..... I'm trying to cut them some slack.... Maybe they just are weak & should be replaced... Only Sony really knows for sure!!!:censored:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Guess what. Both my 930E and 900E just switched themselves on. Any bets that this was due to a software update and that the Dolby Vision mess has been fixed? I'll check this out later unless someone else can beat me to it. BTW Falcon and Winter Soldier looked fine in good old fashioned HDR10 on 900E.
I watched the end of Justice League last night and I did not notice as much DV flickering. After it was over I watched from the beginning and again the flickering was reduced. I then watched Rise of Skywalker on Disney+ and it looked pretty normal. So I wonder if an app update helped and also switched on the TV's in the process. I also will have to remember to unplug the Sony TVs when we go out of town.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Guess what. Both my 930E and 900E just switched themselves on. Any bets that this was due to a software update and that the Dolby Vision mess has been fixed? I'll check this out later unless someone else can beat me to it. BTW Falcon and Winter Soldier looked fine in good old fashioned HDR10 on 900E.
The obvious culprit is the last few firmware updates most everyone is has been having issues with...(not exactly sure which one it started with as I have stopped updating.) I'm currently running 6.5850 on the 930e and 900e and haven't experienced any of these issues.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The obvious culprit is the last few firmware updates most everyone is has been having issues with...(not exactly sure which one it started with as I have stopped updating.) I'm currently running 6.5850 on the 930e and 900e and haven't experienced any of these issues.
Sony needs to devote more time and attention to this. Again, I never had issues like these on any of my Samsung TVs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
At this point will we even get another update or will they just leave the tv broken forever? I mean we are nearing 6 months without some major bugs that should have had hot fixes within a few weeks. They released Android 9 2 years after 9 came out when it should have been updated to 10.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Since Android is the most fragmented device operating system in the history of computing I guess we'll just get what they give us :mad:

Leon McKee

Reactions: Jim Kiler

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have had issues with the TV turning on by itself. It turned out to be some of the TV apps. In my case Paramount+ and Tubi-TV.

The way to see if it was an app is to check the Settings > Apps and look for recently opened apps.

Android provides the ability for apps to turn on the TV.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had issues with the TV turning on by itself. It turned out to be some of the TV apps. In my case Paramount+ and Tubi-TV.

The way to see if it was an app is to check the Settings > Apps and look for recently opened apps.

Android provides the ability for apps to turn on the TV.
I'll check that although if Paramount + was the culprit I wasn't using it on both TVs. Allowing apps to turn on a TV or any appliance or device in one's home without the owner's consent (and I'm not talking about something buried deep inside an EULA) is presumptuous to say the least.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'll check that although if Paramount + was the culprit I wasn't using it on both TVs. Allowing apps to turn on a TV or any appliance or device in one's home without the owner's consent (and I'm not talking about something buried deep inside an EULA) is presumptuous to say the least.
Agreed - Apps should not be using this, however some features need the ability to turn on the TV. e.g. - cast, smart devices, etc.

If you want details you can search the android developer forum - "android developer wake lock"

I was just trying to provide a way to trouble shoot your issue.
-HDMI CEC can also wake up the TV
-Smart devices
-Cast devices
-Apps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally! My x930 is back to normal! It must have updated itself,while I was at work....Sick of these glitches!! First time it was Disney + not reading 4K/Dolby Vision,Netflix losing audio,then when those were corrected months ago,having to deal with all my streaming apps not delivering 4K and Dolby Vision properly last week. Well,all is good for now....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unfortunately mine is still doing the reboot, typically first thing in the morning…I just checked for a software update - it’s said I’m up to date.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anyone with an X930e bothered reporting the crash startup/reboot sequence to Sony support?

Anyway, I called in and added my name to the pile. I was told they plan to have the issue fixed in the next firmware update, but, of course, there's no timeline for when that will be.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Finally! My x930 is back to normal! It must have updated itself,while I was at work....Sick of these glitches!! First time it was Disney + not reading 4K/Dolby Vision,Netflix losing audio,then when those were corrected months ago,having to deal with all my streaming apps not delivering 4K and Dolby Vision properly last week. Well,all is good for now....

There's has been no new firmware update available since v6.7140, which was released in November 2020. The startup crash bug is a known issue in that firmware version. One way to trigger it is to watch a Netflix film and then keep the film running (don't force close the app) while you turn off the t.v. Keep the t.v. off overnight. Then turn it on again the next evening, and don't use I.P. control for remote control commands.

·
Registered
113 Posts
FWIW the second episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier looked bad last night. Fix Dolby Vision or let us disable it! Unfortunately, I'll bet Dolby won't allow Sony or anyone else to disable DV. However, Sony 4K BD players can switch DV on and off. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Anyone here ever "sideloaded" an app on your Sony x930e? I'm thinking about trying AT&T TV but there's no app for it on Android TV. I've read that the app can be "sideloaded" but I'm not familiar with that, so I'm wondering if it would mess up the TV (or the other apps within Android TV). Anyone ever do this before on the x930e?

·
Registered
113 Posts
FWIW the second episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier looked bad last night. Fix Dolby Vision or let us disable it!
Anyone here ever "sideloaded" an app on your Sony x930e? I'm thinking about trying AT&T TV but there's no app for it on Android TV. I've read that the app can be "sideloaded" but I'm not familiar with that, so I'm wondering if it would mess up the TV (or the other apps within Android TV). Anyone ever do this before on the x930e?
I was thinking the same about the AppleTV app that is available for newer Sony TVs.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
FWIW the second episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier looked bad last night. Fix Dolby Vision or let us disable it!

I was thinking the same about the AppleTV app that is available for newer Sony TVs.
I’ve tried sideloading both of those apps on our TV’s and neither worked unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11501 - 11520 of 11553 Posts