AVS Forum banner

11541 - 11549 of 11549 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah this has gotten ridiculous. i get the constant reboots, but worse, some 4k stuff looks terrible now. i'm renting 4k movies and they look awful.
rented a 4k movie on amazon and looked bad. but i have my PC connected to the tv so watched the movie thru the pc and looked fine like it used to look. rented 4k movie on google play, looked bad. watched same purchased movie thru the pc and looked fine. wtf sony? any ideas to help w/ this? thanks much

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I don’t have any of these problems since implementing the Sony recommended workaround with IP Control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wish I was as lucky Mike. I know you and I have similar set ups. I started up my Amazon FTV 4K this morning. 5-6 seconds after startup, complete reboot cycle. After it came back up, I checked IP Control. Was still enabled.
My observation is that a 4K signal after a long "off" period triggers it.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I wish I was as lucky Mike. I know you and I have similar set ups. I started up my Amazon FTV 4K this morning. 5-6 seconds after startup, complete reboot cycle. After it came back up, I checked IP Control. Was still enabled.
My observation is that a 4K signal after a long "off" period triggers it.
One thing I did that might be different is that after we got this update last year and before we learned of the workaround I did a complete Sony reset during my troubleshooting of the problem. I have no idea if that had any impact but I thought i should point that out. Maybe I just got lucky.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I did a complete reset a few weeks ago to try and fix the “sleep” issue. It didn’t fix that, but it did fix a long standing issue I had with Alexa control, where I couldn’t switch the input to HDMI 3.

The setup procedure is also a lot cleaner. The only issue I ran into is that Google assistant wouldn’t work until I unpair the remote and repaired it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any chance the X930E series is in line for eARC firmware update? I know DD+ can carry Atmos but I would prefer the full audio spectrum offered with eARC.

11541 - 11549 of 11549 Posts